Recruiting - 2022

Pistol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

And he played for a garbage team.  Transferring to us is a transfer up.  Transferring from a mid-major that outperformed us last year is a lateral move at best.

Yes, but the idea of coming home and doing what you do in front of family and friends every game may be enticing.

In my twitter work today also found an interesting name that is followed by Giacoletti and Stu Durando, Baba Miller a 6'10 wing that plays for Real Madrid (previously U18 Real Madrid), but hasn't gotten a lot of playing time since his call up.  In this write up they have a lot of praise for him.

"I’m pretty high on Baba Miller since Real Madrid signed him. Coaches always say he is a very coachable and unselfish guy. I think it’s very important for him to have tons of minutes to develop his talent at a competitive level, so maybe a college program could be a perfect option for him. In my view he is the U18 prospect with the highest upside and ceiling we’ve had here since Luka Doncic. If his progression goes the right way when his draft arrives, I see him as a sure first round pick and a lottery in the best scenario."

https://id-prospects.com/baba-miller-scouting-report/

Sounds like a reach recruit for SLU but would be awesome.

DOC, Young Charles and wgstl like this

5 hours ago, HenryB said:

Frank just said we are recruiting a skilled 6' 8" player from France. We should know by early April. Anyone have a name?

Sorry if I’m skeptical because of the last two overseas recruits that didn’t see and meaningful playing time.  I know at SLU’s level you have to look for players like this and hope you hit.  But to even have a conversation about starting is silly.  Hopefully we get him and he’s that’s good. But I’m skeptical until we see him.

Not counting Martin because he played over here and had a track record.

7 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

In my twitter work today also found an interesting name that is followed by Giacoletti and Stu Durando, Baba Miller a 6'10 wing that plays for Real Madrid (previously U18 Real Madrid), but hasn't gotten a lot of playing time since his call up.  In this write up they have a lot of praise for him.

"I’m pretty high on Baba Miller since Real Madrid signed him. Coaches always say he is a very coachable and unselfish guy. I think it’s very important for him to have tons of minutes to develop his talent at a competitive level, so maybe a college program could be a perfect option for him. In my view he is the U18 prospect with the highest upside and ceiling we’ve had here since Luka Doncic. If his progression goes the right way when his draft arrives, I see him as a sure first round pick and a lottery in the best scenario."

https://id-prospects.com/baba-miller-scouting-report/

Sounds like a reach recruit for SLU but would be awesome.

His name hit my radar a while back as someone they were following but I didn't add him to the interest list because he seemed like he might just go pro if not a layover at a blueblood program. Hope I'm wrong.

BuiltFordBills likes this

28 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Has Rob Martin already signed his LOI? Would be nice to have a freshman point backup.

We have a backup frosh for next season, the problem is, he's a frosh. Need someone with experience imo

This is an interesting one: 

Brown had an offer from SLU at one point. Pretty consistently ranked top-150 prospect who looked like he was being prioritized by Colorado, Nebraska, K-State, Indiana, Georgetown, UConn, and several others at various times but ended up committing to Columbia. A lot of schools recruiting him went through head/assistant coaching changes and others have head coaches under pressure, so he wound up going with the school that was the most consistent throughout and that he thought would give him more opportunities in life after basketball.

BilliesBy40 likes this

New 2022 interest:

Carson Cooper - PF/C, 6-11, 220 - Jackson, MI (IMG Academy, FL) - AAU: Bates Fundamentals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TheCarsonCoop
Offers: Duquesne, Eastern Michigan, Robert Morris, American, Vermont, Stetson.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Boston College, Michigan, Illinois, Boise State, SMU, Temple, Belmont, Yale, Kent State, Western Michigan, Toledo, Wright State, Illinois-Chicago, Northern Illinois, Youngstown State, Wofford, Samford, Holy Cross, Lehigh, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, Marist, Morehead State, Southern Indiana, UMBC, NJIT, Florida Gulf Coast, Liberty, Central Connecticut State, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Cooper has new interest from SLU. (4/5/22)

Scouting Report: Cooper is a sound, skilled big man with an inside-out game. He has a big, strong base but moves pretty well, including running the floor in transition. He's a good finisher and can step out to shoot it from the mid-range and outside the perimeter. He handles it well for his size. He's a persistent rebounder and shot blocker. He plays hard and never quits on a play. He spent his first two seasons at Jackson Northwest HS before transferring to Ypsi Prep and he's finishing at IMG Academy in Florida.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

New 2022 interest:

Carson Cooper - PF/C, 6-11, 220 - Jackson, MI (IMG Academy, FL) - AAU: Bates Fundamentals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TheCarsonCoop
Offers: Duquesne, Eastern Michigan, Robert Morris, American, Vermont, Stetson.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Boston College, Michigan, Illinois, Boise State, SMU, Temple, Belmont, Yale, Kent State, Western Michigan, Toledo, Wright State, Illinois-Chicago, Northern Illinois, Youngstown State, Wofford, Samford, Holy Cross, Lehigh, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, Marist, Morehead State, Southern Indiana, UMBC, NJIT, Florida Gulf Coast, Liberty, Central Connecticut State, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Cooper has new interest from SLU. (4/5/22)

Scouting Report: Cooper is a sound, skilled big man with an inside-out game. He has a big, strong base but moves pretty well, including running the floor in transition. He's a good finisher and can step out to shoot it from the mid-range and outside the perimeter. He handles it well for his size. He's a persistent rebounder and shot blocker. He plays hard and never quits on a play. He spent his first two seasons at Jackson Northwest HS before transferring to Ypsi Prep and he's finishing at IMG Academy in Florida.

-clearly this is the Staff just messing with Gus as I believe he would say Cooper Carson or some other derivation as often as Carson Cooper 

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

This is an interesting one: 

Brown had an offer from SLU at one point. Pretty consistently ranked top-150 prospect who looked like he was being prioritized by Colorado, Nebraska, K-State, Indiana, Georgetown, UConn, and several others at various times but ended up committing to Columbia. A lot of schools recruiting him went through head/assistant coaching changes and others have head coaches under pressure, so he wound up going with the school that was the most consistent throughout and that he thought would give him more opportunities in life after basketball.

Life after basketball. Mizzou? Does he want to be a sports writer?