2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Hey Guys, I would've posted this sooner, but I had already hit my max posts for a new member. I gotta admit, when I saw the "red flags everywhere" posts popping up, I thought to myself, "what the hell?" Then I realized that my first post came off in way that I did not intend it to, and I probably made a horrible first impression. I didn't mean that post as an attack on anyone. I 100% support all Poach Martin and Mizzery posts. I was just suggesting we make a separate thread for those posts, outside of the season thread. Kind of like the separate thread for Jontay Porters injury. I sincerely apologize if I upset anyone. Special thanks to 05 for streaming last night. And to everyone who kept updating stats/score, the season can't get here soon enough. Go Bills.

You know what the worst way to convince a message board to do something is? Asking for it in your first post.

7 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

You know what the worst way to convince a message board to do something is? Asking for it in your first post.

“what if we picked the A10 conference games next year but EXCLUDE bills games. we would break up the conf. schedual somehow and you would pick a few games at a time and the winner would get 3pts second would get 2 and third place would get 1 pt and then use the conference tourney as like a playoff or something i would have to work out the exact logistics but i wanna know if anyone would be interested.”

This a quote of yours from 2005. You asked for the message board to do something on your second post you ever made on BillikensBoard.Com. 

Lay off the guy, he’s just as excited as everyone else!

SLU_Lax likes this

12 hours ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

I rhink you can alma. If you click on your little avatar on the ESPN website, it should take you to your profile. And from there, there should be a link for Manage Subscriptions. I'm pretty sure it says ESPN+ is 4.99

So, who is your favorite all-time Billiken basketball player?

6 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

“what if we picked the A10 conference games next year but EXCLUDE bills games. we would break up the conf. schedual somehow and you would pick a few games at a time and the winner would get 3pts second would get 2 and third place would get 1 pt and then use the conference tourney as like a playoff or something i would have to work out the exact logistics but i wanna know if anyone would be interested.”

This a quote of yours from 2005. You asked for the message board to do something on your second post you ever made on BillikensBoard.Com. 

Lay off the guy, he’s just as excited as everyone else!

1. This is fuoking psycho behavior from you to which I shouldn't even respond but I'm feeling generous today so I'll play this game.

2. What you're looking at is a post on a message board from almost 14 years ago. I was 15-16 years old.

3. This community(at least as we know it today) has been around since 2003. I had been posting under various usernames as I was a stupid 13/14 year old adolescent who would forget his password and username as well as made stupid childish posts I'm sure. I finally settled on this username in 2005.

4. Finally if you can't see the difference between me trying to come up with a "fun" contest and this dude lecturing an online community that's been around for almost 20 years you need to get your lenses corrected.

My favorite Billiken ever is Bill Moulder because he was my CYC coach growing up. Always talked about the "Larry Hughes Crossover." Best coach I've ever had in any sport.

1A would be Erwin Claggett. When I was just starting CYC ball, I went to a Highmark/Claggett basketball camp at North Kirkwood Middle School. They both wete incredibly nice guys but on one day, I won a game of knockout they played with all of us and I knocked Erwin out. After the game he came over and patted me on the head and said I was a really good player. Im sure he was just being nice and they were both taking it easy for us kids. But when it happened, I felt like I could beat Jordan. I'll always remember that.

I hope everyone has a great season.

David King and RUBillsFan like this

I'm sure he doesn't remember me (he might remember that camp though). I was also a ball boy for 1 of the games in the Larry Hughes season, but I can't remember which game for the life of me, wish I did. I remember I insisted that my 7th grade social studies teacher at North leave the Tv in our classroom on as we won that first round game (Maryland I think but could be wrong.) I had my parents buy me his And1 shoes on the day they came out.

2 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

I'm sure he doesn't remember me (he might remember that camp though). I was also a ball boy for 1 of the games in the Larry Hughes season, but I can't remember which game for the life of me, wish I did. I remember I insisted that my 7th grade social studies teacher at North leave the Tv in our classroom on as we won that first round game (Maryland I think but could be wrong.) I had my parents buy me his And1 shoes on the day they came out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we lost to Maryland in the 1st round of the '94 NCAA. That would have been Clagget and Highmark's team. For the year Hughes played we beat UMass in Rd 1 and then got creamed by UK in the Rd 2.

Hey guys, I ask this question only half-seriously, because I know we're gonna steamroll UMSL too. but what is the scouting report for the Tritons (sorry if it was posted already and I didn't see it.) The reason I ask is because I have a good buddy who's also a big Bills fan that I actually met during my Freshman year staying in Reinert Hall. Anyway, he joined the Marines ended up graduating from UMSL. Since the schedule came out hes repeatedly texted me, semi-sarcastically "Go Tritons!" Lol

My favorite Billiken ever is Bill Moulder because he was my CYC coach growing up. Always talked about the "Larry Hughes Crossover." Best coach I've ever had in any sport.

1A would be Erwin Claggett. When I was just starting CYC ball, I went to a Highmark/Claggett basketball camp at North Kirkwood Middle School. They both wete incredibly nice guys but on one day, I won a game of knockout they played with all of us and I knocked Erwin out. After the game he came over and patted me on the head and said I was a really good player. Im sure he was just being nice and they were both taking it easy for us kids. But when it happened, I felt like I could beat Jordan. I'll always remember that.

I hope everyone has a great season.

Bill who?

28 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Hey guys, I ask this question only half-seriously, because I know we're gonna steamroll UMSL too. but what is the scouting report for the Tritons (sorry if it was posted already and I didn't see it.) The reason I ask is because I have a good buddy who's also a big Bills fan that I actually met during my Freshman year staying in Reinert Hall. Anyway, he joined the Marines ended up graduating from UMSL. Since the schedule came out hes repeatedly texted me, semi-sarcastically "Go Tritons!" Lol

They play basketball

Billiken_Roy, his name is Bill Moulder. Was on the Kirkwood teams in the 70s that finished 2nd in State. If im not mistaken he was an All-State gaurd in high school. Not sure how good he was or even how much he played at SLU, but I know he was on the team. Really great guy. See him at games a lot.

RUBillsFan likes this

51 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Billiken_Roy, his name is Bill Moulder. Was on the Kirkwood teams in the 70s that finished 2nd in State. If im not mistaken he was an All-State gaurd in high school. Not sure how good he was or even how much he played at SLU, but I know he was on the team. Really great guy. See him at games a lot.

Bill Moulder, Billiken from 73-77.  Played in 82 games at SLU, averaged 3.1 ppg.  Best year was his senior year when he averaged 4.2 ppg.  

Gonna say this guy is a real fan. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Bill Moulder, Billiken from 73-77.  Played in 82 games at SLU, averaged 3.1 ppg.  Best year was his senior year when he averaged 4.2 ppg.  

I believe Bill goes to every game. I did not like him as a player. Point guard who only threw the ball around the perimeter. I’m sure he was a great coach and I know he's a great fan. 

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Gonna say this guy is a real fan. 

Agree Pink is real (although he is going a bit over the top to prove it).

Now to make him mad...

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-evansville-should-reconsider-its-petty-stance-do-the-right/article_4e5cab79-6568-5a48-8b3f-43515dc840e0.html

It appears Poach Martin is reaping what he sows as Evansville is making it tough for them to get Dru eligible for this season. 

I have run into highmark a handful of times in my life and I remember one time telling him I’ve always hated wake Forrest because they beat us out of the tourney in Claggett/highmark/waldmans senior year. Those three and Donnie Dobbs made me a lifer. 

RUBillsFan likes this