2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

CBFan

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows I'd never defend crewsplatt but Sneed is a freshman therefore Ford had the opportunity to recruit Sneed.    That said it was told to me that Sneed wanted out of town and turned down slu early and often.   He just didn't want to stay home.   He is a stud in the making no doubt.

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

God knows I'd never defend crewsplatt but Sneed is a freshman therefore Ford had the opportunity to recruit Sneed.    That said it was told to me that Sneed wanted out of town and turned down slu early and often.   He just didn't want to stay home.   He is a stud in the making no doubt.

Sneed is a sophomore who committed to K State in September of 2015, months before Ford was hired by SLU.

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

That's what I recall. After his second basket the light went on, and I thought, hey I think we recruited him, but he never expressed much interest in SLU.

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

I wonder what Illini fans think about their coaching situation right about now.

I was thinking the same thing Brian, Weber got Illinois to the final game and lost because their only big man got in early foul trouble and now he has built a team that is located in Manhattan Kansas to the elite 8.

I think Weber's recruiting at Illinois is the reason they ran him out.  Building and keeping a program consistent is a hard thing with a few exceptions it would be interesting to read 618's take on Weber.

Happy Friday

21 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Calipari is scum. The fact that he and his players wouldn't even have the decency to shake hands at the end of the game is absolutely pathetic. 

I have tried to find a story abut this and have been unable to, did you see them just walk off the court and not do the traditional handshake at the end of every game?

54 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Sneed is a sophomore who committed to K State in September of 2015, months before Ford was hired by SLU.

Yup. Ford would have had a legit shot at him if he had actually been here when Sneed was in high school.

Levi Stockard on the other hand you could question but two falls ago we only had two schollys to give and I’m perfectly happy they went to Goodwin and French.

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Calipari is scum. The fact that he and his players wouldn't even have the decency to shake hands at the end of the game is absolutely pathetic. 

I also thought I saw this and was shocked.  Coach Cal was walking off right there with them.  It is not like the game was chippy (no pushing or shoving during dead balls) or like K-State did anything at all that was questionable (I did not notice any notable jawing at the opponent).

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I was thinking the same thing Brian, Weber got Illinois to the final game and lost because their only big man got in early foul trouble and now he has built a team that is located in Manhattan Kansas to the elite 8.

I think Weber's recruiting at Illinois is the reason they ran him out.  Building and keeping a program consistent is a hard thing with a few exceptions it would be interesting to read 618's take on Weber.

Happy Friday

I may be the only one guilty of this, but I always feel like K-State is lucky to get to the tournament. They always seem to just be an average team. Obviously I am wrong, but their success always sneaks up on me. 

41 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I may be the only one guilty of this, but I always feel like K-State is lucky to get to the tournament. They always seem to just be an average team. Obviously I am wrong, but their success always sneaks up on me. 

I am also guilty of that feeling and now if Weber stays their for a while he is deffinetly more of a local recruiting threat than ever and can now sell a elite 8 and possibly a final four, Go Ramblers.

Two years ago there were a lot of reports that Weber was on the hot seat. K-State has been rewarded for sticking with their coach through a rough patch. I'm sure Illinois now wishes they had done the same.

In 2016, I was hoping K-State would fire him, so we could possibly get him on the rebound. He's always been able to recruit this area. Sneed is a stud. Stockard, though, I'm fine without him. We've got better bigs.

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

I also thought I saw this and was shocked.  Coach Cal was walking off right there with them.  It is not like the game was chippy (no pushing or shoving during dead balls) or like K-State did anything at all that was questionable (I did not notice any notable jawing at the opponent).

i hate scum calipari more than anyone.   and i am sure this is b.s. but this morning on sportscenter, he said, he indeed did shake the coaches hands but the k-state players were more worried about celebrating so he and the wildcat players couldnt shake the players hands as they were in the center of the court celerbrating.  

17 minutes ago, ACE said:

Two years ago there were a lot of reports that Weber was on the hot seat. K-State has been rewarded for sticking with their coach through a rough patch. I'm sure Illinois now wishes they had done the same.

In 2016, I was hoping K-State would fire him, so we could possibly get him on the rebound. He's always been able to recruit this area. Sneed is a stud. Stockard, though, I'm fine without him. We've got better bigs.

I was hoping the same thing.  Weber can flat out coach.  He gets the most out of his guys.  

-at Nevada the Martin twins are listed as juniors, we should get them at our place this coming season so that after 5-6 minutes Gus is so confused he just sits there silently

-also could St Mary's document every Power 6 school they call in an attempt to schedule, release this info as it goes, and then on or about March 1, 2019 release this in total to tell the Committee, hey we tried, no one will play us?