2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

CBFan

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine we were in the second round at a site like Memphis. The game before us at our site was Mizzou and we watch them blow a 20+ lead to a mid major. Then we start playing and have a double digit lead late in the game. Ecstasy. 

Then we blow it and have to deal with a 4-5 hour drive home. That is how Xavier fans feel right now.

Spoon-Balls likes this

Xavier out now on to my next team that has a chance to win it all to root for, maybe  Clemson.

Still plenty of teams to hate on like West Virginia, KU, and Duke

5 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Steve Lappas seems like a nice guy, but it’s amazing to me that he was once a big-time coach.

Box, mention Steve Lappas on the Umass board and they will say he tanked the program.

He had mediocre results at Nova which did not please the Nova fans because just prior they had Rollie Massimino who left them for UNLV. Nova fired Lappas and got Wright. With Wright, they struck gold, they became one of the best programs in the country.

He really only had one good year at Manhattan.

I don't recall hearing him this year but he did or maybe still does a lot A10 basketball on CBS Sportsnet. In the past he's done a lot of Bills games.

10 hours ago, kshoe said:

I find myself rooting against Xavier tonight. They are more royalty then underdog these days and when in doubt I call for the underdog.

Chris Mack is a paper tiger. 

Mack had 2 time outs and he did not use them to stop the meltdown his team was having at the about the 7 minute mark.  He uses one of those timeouts and maybe the breaks the momentum FSU had developed.  RM is turning over in his grave - he never wanted to let control of the game get away if he could use a timeout to break its cycle.

-a couple of thoughts...I love the attention the nun/chaplain for Loyola has been getting, what a neat angle

-great that a 16 beat a 1 and they had a chance against KSt

-Syracuse keeping alive at least one from the first four advancing since it was instituted and their defense yesterday had MichSt way out of synch

-really looking forward to seeing our guys playing next season in the tourney, I miss that, I wonder if for the Kentuckys, Dukes, UNCs, KUs etc if it gets old being in the tourney? I would love to have that question asked about us in 20 years after a couple championships and many deep runs.....

almaman likes this

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wonder why St. Joes didn't take the NIT bid. If we would have gotten 4th we would have gotten a bid right?

As far as I know, only regular conference champions get an autobid (assuming they did not make the NCAA tourney). The rest are selected by a committee. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wonder why St. Joes didn't take the NIT bid. If we would have gotten 4th we would have gotten a bid right?

st john's final rpi (per realtime rpi) was 96 ours was 148.   normally the ncaa and nit in or out line for at large teams is about 40 for the ncaa and 80 for the nit.   i.e. neither team was worthy.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

st john's final rpi (per realtime rpi) was 96 ours was 148.   normally the ncaa and nit in or out line for at large teams is about 40 for the ncaa and 80 for the nit.   i.e. neither team was worthy.  

I always assumed that they went down the line to the last team to not get an NCAA bid 

Loyola up at the half 28-24 the Ramblers missed a bunch of easy points but held Nevada scoreless for the last 7 minutes, go Ramblers!

Michigan is smoking Texas A & M 33-12

9 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

That first half was one of the worst and halves teams of basketball, by both teams, I've seen in this tournament.

I agree, Loyola missed a lot of chances and turned the ball over too much.  A lot of action and scoring the second half.  Loyola still turning the ball over too much for a total of 13.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:40 PM, almaman said:

If you do not find it noteworthy to point out a team in the dance has 5 white players on the court in 2018 I will discontinue going b & f with you

Porter Moser is coaching his a$$ off