GDT: Billikens at Spahders

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a dreamer.  I know.  But, if we win the next four games, which is very possible, we could be in third place going into the A10 tournament.  Davidson would have to lose tonight, and they still have to play St. Bonny and Rhode Island, which they would have to lose as well, which is very possible.  

If we just win one of the A10 Tournament games, we really could make the NCAA Tournament with an at large bid.  We would have beat Virginia Tech, and St. Bonaventure in this scenario, and finished well.  Dreaming, I know.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

To Travis Ford: We are not worthy. This is mostly his doing as he has kept these guys focused when nukes were going off all around them. Great win, Billikens! You make us proud.

Travis Ford has done a tremendous job as SLU Coach, against all odds.

He has done a remarkable job of changing the systems on the fly, with only 8 players for 26 games, and now 7 players for the 27th game.  That SLU is 15-12, 8-6, in sole possession of 4th Place, given the roadblocks placed in front of the team is truly remarkable.

8 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

I'm a dreamer.  I know.  But, if we win the next four games, which is very possible, we could be in third place going into the A10 tournament.  Davidson would have to lose tonight, and they still have to play St. Bonny and Rhode Island, which they would have to lose as well, which is very possible.  

If we just win one of the A10 Tournament games, we really could make the NCAA Tournament with an at large bid.  We would have beat Virginia Tech, and St. Bonaventure in this scenario, and finished well.  Dreaming, I know.

No at large. That's crazy talk. 

3 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

This could be either an absolute bloodbath, or one of the more impressive wins we've seen.

I’m pretty surprised it was the latter. I know Richmond’s overall record isn’t good, but they’ve been much better in conference play. Given everything that has happened within the program, that’s about as proud as I’ve been about a win that I can remember.

42 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

For us to get an at large bid we would need a minimum of 25 wins, more likely 26. That is not possible.

47 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

That scenario might give us an at-large bid to the NIT, not the big dance. 

34 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

NIT is impossible.  Even with the Win today, SLU's RPI is 127, with 126 In Game RPI.

CBI would be available, but I doubt SLU participates in the CBI this year.

This time last year Richmond was 15-11 with an RPI of 102, and ended up going to the NIT. If we won out, won an A10 tourney game, and the Bonnies go to the big dance, I think we'd go NIT. Unlikely, but not impossible. 

If we go undefeated the rest of the way, we would have a RPI around 99.  Go 3-1, we have a RPI around 113.  The lowest at large sead in the NIT las season was Colorado at 101.  The lowest ever under the current set up, I think was Iowa at 125 in 2012.  The lowest at large team any other season under the current set up was Washington at 96 in 2013. 

Sorry guys we went to a fundraiser tonight for an organization that deals with autistic kids. Very nice time was had by all, but I missed the game. And apparently I missed a hell of a game. I am very happy they managed to beat Richmond, and even happier that we are in 4th place uncontested. Now we need to deal with Dayton and let's hope for a replay of tonight.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Sorry guys we went to a fundraiser tonight for an organization that deals with autistic kids. Very nice time was had by all, but I missed the game. And apparently I missed a hell of a game. I am very happy they managed to beat Richmond, and even happier that we are in 4th place uncontested. Now we need to deal with Dayton and let's hope for a replay of tonight.

Next time you go to a fundraiser and miss a GDT please clear it with the board first. Thanks @Old guy

(Kidding)  

-I had an event tonight, too, left it early as I had set the dvr and watched the game, wow, great win, for those saying COY for TFord, AMEN, great point by the announcers saying this was not the style of play TFord wanted to play but as he lost players he adjusted how we play, well done, HF must like playing the Spiders and with his passing and Gordon's passing (which might be his best asset) and DJF, our interior next season could be very, very nice -- just a very nice win for the team, I hope they celebrate responsibly and kick the crap out of SVU