Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

19 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This.

It's amazing to find anything that people agree on today but here it is....Ortiz is a hack.

its a good icebreaker to use when you're out. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, majerus mojo said:

over/under 1.5 SLU related questions Ortiz answers in his chat

The questions are all moderated.  He won't have to answer any questions that put him in a tough spot.  It is a waste of your time to clink the link to his chat.  Don't do it.

22 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Who is Mike McManus and how is he privy to his information?

My thoughts exactly. This bro dog seems to know a lot more than the average guy. Unless he's pulling an Ortiz and just making stuff up as he goes?

Things may have changed since I was there, but freshman year (2006) I was caught with 2 handles of captain.  Had to pour it out, attend an alcohol abuse class in BSC, pay a fine.  Second time caught with alcohol freshman year I had to attend another class, pay a fine,  do some community service then was banned from living in apartments for my sophomore year (which I got that overturned).  I think it really is at the discretion of SLU's bs administration though.  I know someone who was caught by DPS driving while intoxicated in the Laclede parking garage; he was kicked out for a year.  The swim team had some "interesting" pictures they shared around and from my understanding that was just swept under the rug....granted that was before the #metoo movement.    

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The questions are all moderated.  He won't have to answer any questions that put him in a tough spot.  It is a waste of your time to clink the link to his chat.  Don't do it.

Lol, my post was very tongue-in-cheek. I imagine he posts his own questions to respond to. I’ll drop in just to affirm how gutless he is 

3 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

..Lol, my post was very tongue-in-cheek. I imagine he posts his own questions to respond to. I’ll drop in just to affirm how gutless he is 

Jesus falls for the fourth time. 

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Ortiz says he stands by his story. Refused to answer my question on why he said that Goodwin violated the university's title 9 policy.

For the record, I will not allow anybody to make unverified claims against the women who accused the SLU players of sexual assault. If your question makes claims against the women, you can assume that I'm going to delete your question.
by jortiz 1:47 PM

2 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

For the record, I will not allow anybody to make unverified claims against the women who accused the SLU players of sexual assault. If your question makes claims against the women, you can assume that I'm going to delete your question.

The irony in this is insane. I let him know it.

1 minute ago, FromDaEastSide said:

This is classic. He’s getting tough but fair questions but since nobody can see the question he’s basically relaying that people  are calling the girls sluts. 

52 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Was caught with alcohol and illegal substances at SLU. Had to take two stupid classes and pay a fee. Never suspended. 

I remember the class, but not the fine.  

2 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Hmmm!

Apparently, any time a woman makes an accusation (of sexual misconduct), there must be a valid reason to do so.  Every time.  No exceptions.  Is that what Ortiz is saying?

WoW!  When I was at SLU, the first dorm meeting of the year was designed to divvy up the Fridays and Saturday night for floor parties that semester ... could not have competing floors in the Griesedieck complex waging battles over how many kegs were dispensed those nights.  One floor per night per weekend.  Two bucks or five bucks to get in, payable upon exit from the elevators.  Hand stamped for easy return.  I can't remember the usage, but the kegs numbered in double digits on our floor.  An alternate, signature drink was also created for "the ladies" ... George's Cherry Chiller, for example if it was President's Weekend in February.  Pink puke is not pretty!

Second was the dining facility for the Jesuits in old Lewis Hall.  A keg was on tap!  Go to dinner with Fr. Bosken or Fr. Boland and party hearty.  Proof of age?  Really -- you're joking.  I got the Jebbie get-out-of-jail-free card ......

The Pub in Busch was wide open.  It might take you a semester to get to know Chuck or one of the other Pub managers but once in, you were in for good.  I had one dispute with a bartender who tried to card me and throw me out.  Manager said "he's been in here for two years.  Buzz off."  He was right .. and I was still 20 at the time.  On the outside bar scene ... Ballhooters was a piece of cake.  So was Pastori's.  Tougher at Free Advice/Humphries but not too bad.  Fridays/Clarks was tougher; deeper scrutiny as technically it was on campus.  Twenty North was easy if you knew the hockey pucks.  Tougher spots might be Caleco's and Bogarts.  Later Harpo's and a place over on Olive I forgot.  And all these were within a simple block of the campus.  I'd likely have had a PhD in that drinking class if that were the case now.  Spring Fever -- the original Spring Fever in the middle of the quad two weekends each April --- involved frat keg chugs and dead beer cans everywhere.  I know --- we cleaned it up!  Yeah, rah Phi Kap!

It is true whatthey say ... those dem that's were simpler times .......

I think it is fair that nobody should levy unverified claims against the accusers. In that same vein, I do not think it is fair for Ortiz to suggest unverified speculation about Jordan Goodwin. Without further reporting, it is unfair and irresponsible to assume anything than what has been released publicly. As such, all that is fair to speculate about Goodwin is that he was part of a lengthy and seemingly diligent Title IX investigation, was deemed to have not broken any Title IX policy, was found to have violated an undisclosed “university policy” and was suspended for 2 months as a result of that determination.

Luchetti03 and moytoy12 like this