Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

What did Ortiz do? 

“Three of the four kids involved were kids that you brought to this campus. Two were transfers. Do you review how you recruit these kids, check their background? How much of a background check do you … I mean, these are three of the four kids ... you’ve had two recruiting classes here, and three of the kids that you brought in have been suspended and accused of very serious crimes, or … accusations.”

Hey...can you blame the guy??  Since he writes stories to vilify, the questions he asks are going to be in that same vain.

Not defending Ortiz, because I agree that he's a d-bag for asking Ford those questions.  Just trying to be realistic.  Unfortunately there's going to be at least one like him in every crowd.

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think I’ve been restricted from reviewing due to my joking about giving a certain Bad poster Bad post reviews 

me too..... havent been able to react all day.... 

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Jesus trying to hard to paint the basketball players as criminals and Ford being negligent in bringing in the criminals.

I was waiting for Ford to turn around and smack him.  

6 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I was waiting for Ford to turn around and smack him.  

I hope Ben Fred is going to write the SLU unfairly screwed these players piece if Ortiz is going to come with the hatchet job on Ford and the player/criminals.

4 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If he decides, too, if Bishop stays does he still have 3 years left of allegibility? Would be crazy if he missed 3.5 years because of injuries, and investigation, and still could play three years. That would be around 7.5 years dedicated to college basketball right?

The bad news: Bishop is not coming back.

The good news: Jordan Goodwin - the “glue” to this program holding together our fan base and incoming recruiting class - will be wearing Billiken blue come this Fall and for the rest of his college career.

This is an outcome I can live with.

8 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I hope Ben Fred is going to write the SLU unfairly screwed these players piece if Ortiz is going to come with the hatchet job on Ford and the player/criminals.

Agree. 

And really, how could anyone realistically paint Ford as culpable here?  I understand the concept of institutional control and a coach needing to have program oversight but I don't see how that applies in this case unless there is  A LOT we don't know.

-has this Ortiz character returned to Chaifetz since he made himself part of the story by being denied by locked doors?

-where is CMay? you don't have the presser without the dept head being there, or perhaps with TFord being there, the leader was there

-Steve, why when I type Billikens or Chaifetz do I get lines underneath indicating a spelling error? our mascot is the Billiken and home bball games are played in Chaifetz Arena