Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

That was my first thought. It's just a weird choice for a period of time.

He basically misses six games - five left on the schedule, and an A10 Tournament game, MAYBE 7 if we get lucky and win one without any ball handlers and just two subs.

But can he take classes remotely while he's suspended from campus? I hope they don't just crater a semester of academics for him. That'd be messed up. I'm just going to assume he has arrangements made and can come back on campus and finish and take finals.

I was wondering this, too.  Two months only makes sense if he an do this.  I would think he would be suspended from campus otherwise.

my opinion:   slu's way of trying to save face and let krafty and stormy have an out without looking too stupid.   didnt work.

brianstl and Westy03 like this

been a long time since ive been in college (heck i was at slu when taj was in school, thats a long time ago)  but couldnt he just get incomplete's in his classes and finish all over the summer?   or if the professors were willing, he still come back in may and take finals and somehow pass?   i had a couple of theology classes i might as well have missed two months and just took the finals and still got c's.   

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

my opinion:   slu's way of trying to save face and let krafty and stormy have an out without looking too stupid.   didnt work.

Agree.  This high profile of a case has really shown how terribly SLU's Title IX office is run.  I hope somebody keeps digging to uncover more details because they still screwed 3 young men.  

3 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Agree.  This high profile of a case has really shown how terribly SLU's Title IX office is run.  I hope somebody keeps digging to uncover more details because they still screwed 3 young men.  

Definitely need a good RFT article on this to blow the doors off the Title IX department to make sure this never happens again to innocent men at SLU.

12 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Appears a decision is final, don't know what it is. Received this a minute ago at 8:43am :  

Saint Louis University has concluded the Title IX investigation that began on Sept. 2, 2017. The parties have been notified of the final decisions, which were determined by an Appeal Panel. With the notifications to the parties, these cases are closed. Throughout this Title IX investigation, the University followed its Sexual Misconduct Policy.

Isn't that the wrong date? I know it's such a minor detail, but I'll gladly point it out to further highlight SLU's incompetence in all this. 

The only way could of been better (assuming he ain't bolting) is it they made it 2 months starting March 12th. I'mm quite pleased all things considered. It will be interesting in a weird way to see how we do rest of this season - JG. We may be surprised.

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Agree, this doesn't make everything alright.  The guys that aren't guilty of sexual assault are still getting railroaded and having their reputations permanently destroyed by SLU.  Goodwin's reputation is still stained coming out of this.  

Big question, how can Goodwin go from having the second longest punishment to the shortest punishment?  This whole thing is a complete indictment of SLU.  This is nothing to be happy about.

HenryB, kappy96 and Spoon-Balls like this

I had to reread that KSDK article to see that the three other suspensions were probably going to be upheld and that none were expected to return to SLU. SLU playing a little PR stunt here? They know Goodwin will be the main headline and 2 months to someone who doesn't know the situation seems light, all the while 3 players just got shafted.

2 minutes ago, BrockL said:

Isn't that the wrong date? I know it's such a minor detail, but I'll gladly point it out to further highlight SLU's incompetence in all this. 

Yes, it is.  SLU still can't do anything right in this process.  Such a good idea to give SLU the power to destroy the lives of young people.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Agree, this doesn't make everything alright.  The guys that aren't guilty of sexual assault are still getting railroaded and having their reputations permanently destroyed by SLU.  Goodwin's reputation is still stained coming out of this.  

Big question, how can Goodwin go from having the second longest punishment to the shortest punishment?  This whole thing is a complete indictment of SLU.  This is nothing to be happy about.

This makes me wonder if Goodwin was not the Rosenblum client and Rosenblum was full of it when talking about the 4th player's punishment.

Yeah, let's not forget we had three players effectively expelled. We've had 26 games played to this point, and two were suspended for all of those while another missed all this semester as they awaited this decision. These are MAJOR penalties that you don't see many other programs giving players for virtually anything.