Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

38 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Odd to cherry pick a post of mine from almost three months ago. 

By now, we can be almost 100% certain the rape allegations were false. Whatever else happened, if it was rape the players would have been charged by now. 

I don’t buy that Pestello is handicapped by the Title IX regulations. He could’ve enforced deadlines. He could’ve been more transparent. Instead, we have this Cratky lady (not a misspelling) with apparent total power with no checks and balances. 

S2 has turned out to be much worse than S1, but I’m not referring to the actions of the players. I’m referring to our people-pleasing president and the situation he has created. He’s not just making a mockery of a life altering process for these young men and women... he’s setting the university up for a massive lawsuit when Cratky drops the hammer without any proof of wrongdoing by the players. 

Say what you want about Biondi... he wasn’t a coward like our Big Bird looking-a$$ president. 

#FireFred

100% odd! I thought I was reading a new post! My apologies but I believe you are spot on today as much as you were three months ago. Very good points, I initially said wait until all the facts come out but the more this has dragged along the worse it has gotten.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Title IX process is a mess when it comes to sexual assault.  Schools aren’t properly equipped to properly investigate and properly adjudicate cases like this.  They shouldn’t be in business of doing this kind of stuff.  This is why we have judicial system.

We should start a little money game with the university - let's say every game lost (by lost, I mean the 3 not appearing on the floor) to this situation equals $1,000 in future donations to the university over your lifetime. Right now the total tab is $13,000.00 with a chance that number hits $31,000.00.

Each NCAA Tournament win by the university in subsequent years deducts $5,000.00 until the tab is forgiven.

An NIT win deducts $2,500.00.

A CBI win deducts $500.00.

An A-10 regular season championship deducts $1,000.00.

An A-10 Tournament championship deducts $2,000.00.

Then you can start donating again. JMM28 inspired me to come up with a game. I don't think I could donate to Bradley with my Mom having worked there for 15+ years, but I could easily withhold from SLU.

Would it be fair to say if the 3 stay and the suspensions continue that the three have accepted the process?

Is there any reason for the 3 to stay if they do not believe in the process and their punishment?

With title IX being around for a long time it seems that schools would have learned how to best handle situations that involve title IX but it seems most universities still have problems with it so it seems the title IX process needs to be fixed.

With no charges filed the title IX process should have been completed and the players should have been back on the court at the end of the semester.

I am not sure who's fault this is but SLU needs fire who is in charge of the title IX process because they were not prepared to handle process and unable to do their job.

A speedy trial is our right and so should there be a speedy title IX process, it is not fair to either side.

#freethe3

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Would it be fair to say if the 3 stay and the suspensions continue that the three have accepted the process?

Yes, but why? These kids want to play basketball and go to school at an institution that will let them do both.

Is there any reason for the 3 to stay if they do not believe in the process and their punishment?

No.

With title IX being around for a long time it seems that schools would have learned how to best handle situations that involve title IX but it seems most universities still have problems with it so it seems the title IX process needs to be fixed.

It's another example of big government run amok. Thanks, Washington!

With no charges filed the title IX process should have been completed and the players should have been back on the court at the end of the semester.

You would think, but that's not what Kraftery or whatever her name believes. They might not have done anything wrong in the eyes of the law, but there's also SLU or Title IX laws that have now taken over from what the city determined.

I am not sure who's fault this is but SLU needs fire who is in charge of the title IX process because they were not prepared to handle process and unable to do their job.

Amen.

A speedy trial is our right and so should there be a speedy title IX process, it is not fair to either side.

Big difference in the two. A trial is innocent until proven guilty. This is the complete opposite.

#freethe3

Yes.

Latest delusional prediction:  no three today at La Salle.  Reinstated for Davidson.  Why?  End of calendar year 2017.   Why?  It's all I got.

I did say It was delusional, right?

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Latest delusional prediction:  no three today at La Salle.  Reinstated for Davidson.  Why?  End of calendar year 2017.   Why?  It's all I got.

At this point I think we’re all delusional.  

I’m on board!

13 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

And by 3 you also mean 3 pointers