Dayton hangs on... UMass gets #4 seed

VCU #5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

#1 and #2 seeds, potential 2 bid for the MVC, love it!

Heading into today Indiana St was at 29 in the NET.  Drake was at 46.  I think ISU has to be a lock at this point even without having a marquee win to point to, but you can never feel to safe when you are in a P6.  Drake probably has to win even with a 19 point win against Nevada who is definitely in.

The WCC should have two good semifinals Monday night in Las Vegas:  #4 Seed Santa Clara vs. #1 Seed 23rd ranked St. Mary's;  #3 Seed USF(CA) vs. #2 Seed 19th ranked Gonzaga. 

NET's:  Gonzaga 16, St. Mary's 17, USF(CA) 63, Santa Clara 104.

Re the NET, SLU's big, unexpected Win at St. Bonaventure improved SLU's NET by 21 spots to 196.  The Bonnies fell 8 spots in the NET to 82, which puts Bona squarely on the NIT bubble. 

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

Heading into today Indiana St was at 29 in the NET.  Drake was at 46.  I think ISU has to be a lock at this point even without having a marquee win to point to, but you can never feel to safe when you are in a P6.  Drake probably has to win even with a 19 point win against Nevada who is definitely in.

Major strikes against Drake: TV Market size of Des Moines, IA is #67, not in a major conference, they better win if they want in. If Southern Indiana loses, major strikes against them: TV Market size of Evansville, IN is #107, not in a major conference, they better not lose.

If you’re not in a major conference, the smaller your TV Market size, the higher your NET needs to be if you don’t win your conference. I guarantee everyone on the selection committee has that information readily at hand. (Of course they will deny it if asked, but that’s BS).

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

Major strikes against Drake: TV Market size of Des Moines, IA is #67, not in a major conference, they better win if they want in. If Southern Indiana loses, major strikes against them: TV Market size of Evansville, IN is #107, not in a major conference, they better not lose.

If you’re not in a major conference, the smaller your TV Market size, the higher your NET needs to be if you don’t win your conference. I guarantee everyone on the selection committee has that information readily at hand. (Of course they will deny it if asked, but that’s BS).

They are in Terra Haute which may not have a TV market- Evansville has the Purple Aces

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

So did you just make an argument for why a guy like Shertz(?) would come here?

A-Sun final coming down to it tie game.... 1 minute to go ESPN2

I'm watching this B12 WBB championship.  You gotta give a hat tip to ISU.  Their men's and women's teams this year have been good. Just a respectable athletic program

I'm fascinated by Temple. Accused of potential point shaving after getting destroyed by UAB at home. Since the accusations they have miraculously gone on a 3-game win streak!

For those of us that don’t want ISU and Schertz in the tournament, a big win by Oregon tonight against Arizona. Will play either Colorado or Washington State in Pac12 finals. For those that follow the various bracketology lists closely please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Oregon is even on the bubble.