Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think every freshman dreams of walking in and contributing day 1. He may have had a wake up call, either from the coach or from playing with the guys, and would rather be ‘the man’ elsewhere.

i truly have no idea. MP may have been the one with qualifying issues.

I’m just being a fan and bemoaning possibly not following him for 4 years.

mhg

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

What ever happened to coming in and earning your playing time? If you are that good, the coach is going to have you on the court. 

From his Mom's comment it sounds like it is more what position he was going to play then playing time.

You guys are way off on Pearson’s motivation for not coming. The tweet may have been in reference to his use in the all-star game. As for why he’s not coming, think more along the lines of a sick relative that he wants to stay near.

4 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Wierd.  This is so friggin' strange.  Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Have been following Pearson throughout his senior year, and have been anticipating his joining SLU and developing under TF guidance.  Would be disappointed if he got away.

mhg

Something needs to happen since I believe we have 14 known possible scholarship players:  (Sorry Roy, but I'm not going to type 14 full names) 2 GTs-DW and TI, JG, HF, KCH, CAG, FT, DJ, JB (no not Bishop), LS, DJF, EW, MP and IG

29 minutes ago, kshoe said:

You guys are way off on Pearson’s motivation for not coming. The tweet may have been in reference to his use in the all-star game. As for why he’s not coming, think more along the lines of a sick relative that he wants to stay near.

Shoe, it sounds like you have some actual knowledge of the situation.  I can't imagine you speculating about a sick relative, that's not your style.

43 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I don’t think that is what the issue was.

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

You guys are way off on Pearson’s motivation for not coming. The tweet may have been in reference to his use in the all-star game. 

I was going down this path, kshoe, when I saw your post.  I think it is highly likely the tweet was referencing his situation on the KY All Stars.  I have zero knowledge of what is going on, but if Mom was disappointed in SLU, she would have sent her message out earlier.  The timing of the message to me suggests issues with the KY All Star staff.  But I am just guessing like the rest.

56 minutes ago, bauman said:

Something needs to happen since I believe we have 14 known possible scholarship players:  (Sorry Roy, but I'm not going to type 14 full names) 2 GTs-DW and TI, JG, HF, KCH, CAG, FT, DJ, JB (no not Bishop), LS, DJF, EW, MP and IG

Welmer's foot may get us down to 13. Don't know anything about this just guessing.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Seems odd to complain about anything when it comes to an All-star game. 

I would think the tweet was referencing the Bills.

Oh well...next man up.

Speculation: A couple nights before the Indiana-Kentucky all star game, the Kentucky senior all stars played the junior all stars. Pearson and the seniors lost by a point, but he had 24 points and was 7-7 from the FT line. Perhaps Pearson was used differently in the Indiana game, resulting in lower production and parental frustration.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Seems odd to complain about anything when it comes to an All-star game. 

I would think the tweet was referencing the Bills.

Oh well...next man up.

Maybe the all-star game mattered because she viewed it as a showcase for other schools (if he is indeed decommitting)