Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

15 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I think a reasonable argument could be made that French has been Ford and staff’s biggest recruiting coup so far. If I recall correctly, he was consensus top 100 and Four Star. To be able to get him from nowhere near STL was huge. 

And Got HF from an AAU squad that produces players every year. It'll help keep our name relevant with PSA players for a while.  

NextYearBill likes this

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:
Braun has offers from about everyone but the blue bloods at This point 

They're all new offers, too. He had 3 before this month. Also added Texas Tech yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU is officially out of the running for Kofi Cockburn, not that anyone anticipated SLU being a finalist.

I think we should be seeing some final lists come out soon and visits set up. I expect SLU to have a lot of visitors over the next several weeks. 

I think we should be seeing some final lists come out soon and visits set up. I expect SLU to have a lot of visitors over the next several weeks. 

How many schollies do we actually have to give since we gave one to Hargrove already?

For sure. A lot of what I was finding is that now that the July evaluation period has ended, a lot of guys will go home and focus on trimming down their lists and setting up visits. September-October is the biggest visit period.

32 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

How many schollies do we actually have to give since we gave one to Hargrove already?

30 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

At least 4 (including Hargrove).

Right. On paper, we have 4 for 2019, with one claimed by Hargrove and 3 remaining. We could have more if we have any transfers.

The grad transfers really helped balance out our classes a little bit.

So many offers out there it's hard to even speculate on who we may sign. We've talked a lot about Lidell and what a great pickup he'd be, but realistically we're probably a long shot. Whereas w/ Collins our odds are probably much higher. I'd also expect that Brad won't try and fill all the 3 remaining slots this fall unless a couple of rising 3 star types or a  4 star type opts to commit to SLU. He may well want to hold open one for a grad transfer in the spring, since Santos and Wellmer are his only Juniors this year, and Wellmer can't really be counted on at this point.

Wow, I made a major Freudian slip there saying Brad won't try and fill all the 3 remaining openings. I meant, of course, Travis. I guess I was thinking about how Brad loved to hold open scholarships. Mea Culpas in advance as you guys jump all over me for this faux pas.  Still, I think Travis will try and hold one open for a Grad Trans unless he can fill them all with guys he really really likes.

40 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Wow, I made a major Freudian slip there saying Brad won't try and fill all the 3 remaining openings. I meant, of course, Travis. I guess I was thinking about how Brad loved to hold open scholarships. Mea Culpas in advance as you guys jump all over me for this faux pas.  Still, I think Travis will try and hold one open for a Grad Trans unless he can fill them all with guys he really really likes.

My heart skipped a beat when I read that......

6 hours ago, slu72 said:

BS did not like to hold schollies back he had to since he couldn't recruit anybody good.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

BS did not like to hold schollies back he had to since he couldn't recruit anybody good.

I recall a couple of times he did. One was Shaw, who had a nice career at SIU. BS wanted Grimes who shot someone. Then Harrelson who wanted SLU, but Uncle Brad thought he could find someone better. Obi? Horace? Brad was the pits when it came to recruiting. 

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

I recall a couple of times he did. One was Shaw, who had a nice career at SIU. BS wanted Grimes who shot someone. Then Harrelson who wanted SLU, but Uncle Brad thought he could find someone better. Obi? Horace? Brad was the pits when it came to recruiting. 

Kalen Grimes didn't shoot anyone.  He hit a guy with the butt end of a shotgun.  Don't take this as a defense of him, at all; I'm just saying he didn't shoot anyone.

14 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Kalen Grimes didn't shoot anyone.  He hit a guy with the butt end of a shotgun.  Don't take this as a defense of him, at all; I'm just saying he didn't shoot anyone.

as I recall he just jacked the slide.  I don't recall him whacking anyone....