Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I agree to this extent; he might have picked SLU if Duke got the death penalty for what I don't know. The odds were very long that he would choose SLU over Coach K. 

i truly believe had tatum not been on that U18 world team that coach k got to coach and recruit him 24/7 for about 2 months and pressured tatum's peers to push him away from "little ole slu" tatum was picking the billikens.   that said as has been said a million times had he come, we likely would be in the now or never last year of crewsplatt one year of tatum amazing play would not have been worth more crewsplatt.  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

you are wrong.   tatum is/was one of those once in a lifetime players that would have made everyone better and the billikens would have over achieved.   we wouldnt have been great, but i bet we would have been a 500 team.   just good enough to keep crewsplatt around.  

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you are wrong.   tatum is/was one of those once in a lifetime players that would have made everyone better and the billikens would have over achieved.   we wouldnt have been great, but i bet we would have been a 500 team.   just good enough to keep crewsplatt around.  

Roy I believe you were trying to reply to @Glorydays2013/ @TFord and TRavs

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Agree .... See the Larry Hughes SLU team.  

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

The NCAA gets higher ratings than the NBA and Duke is one of the leaders in NCAA. 

I don’t blame him for going to Duke and appreciate him giving support to this new team. If Ford was here we definitely would have had him but not getting him was a huge catalyst to getting rid of Crews

James Bishop released his top 6, which is exactly as predicted:

James Bouknight is releasing his top 5 tomorrow and SLU won't be on it. He's already said UConn and Miami will, and I'd expect Indiana and Seton Hall to claim two spots, with the last spot up for grabs between Providence, Maryland, Illinois, VT, Michigan, Oregon, and Wichita State.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

James Bouknight is releasing his top 5 tomorrow and SLU won't be on it. He's already said UConn and Miami will, and I'd expect Indiana and Seton Hall to claim two spots, with the last spot up for grabs between Providence, Maryland, Illinois, VT, Michigan, Oregon, and Wichita State.

Well, @Pistol, we are getting our wish of lists being cut down... just need to see SLU on a few of these! 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Well, @Pistol, we are getting our wish of lists being cut down... just need to see SLU on a few of these! 

Absolutely. Most of the guys releasing their lists so far aren't guys I would've expected to list SLU. Most of the guys I think we're more involved with either haven't released a list yet or haven't even given a timeline. Obviously we'll be watching closely for what Liddell says next week, but I'm also looking for guys like Myles Baker, Christian Braun, Chico Carter, Yuri Collins, Dashawn Davis, Jordan Dingle, DaJuan Gordon, DJ Horne, Gibson Jimerson, Ricky Lindo, BJ Mack, Julius Marble, Justin McKoy, Michael Moreno, Joshua Pierre-Louis, Antonio Reeves, Terrence Shannon, and Joe Toussaint, and maybe a few others. Some of these guys are late bloomers who are going to stretch it into the spring, though.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Mike Rhoades appears to have gotten VCU back into the game when it comes to recruiting.  Made the cut with James Bishop, Damir Bishop, McKinney, Wahab and Bacot.  Now he just needs to close the deal on one or two of them.

Pistol likes this

10 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

What does VCU have that we don’t that allows them to be a relative elite A10 recruiting school 

vcu is still riding the shaka smart days wave.  They became a household name.