Ford and Assistants

3Bill

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting to have much reaction to any of his assistant hires. Most assistants out there, we're just not going to know a ton about them. I'm just hoping for the right mix of guys on his staff, good recruiters, good practice coaches. We won't know for a while if that's the case. But the sooner the staff fills out, the better.

Yeah, this is one area I feel like I just have to trust Ford. It is hard to know the merits of most assistant coaches individually. Finding that right mix is really important though (recruiting, x's and o's, skill development, etc.) and building a staff that is all on the same page and works well together. I doubt I will have any sort of handle on whether he has effectively done that until we start seeing the product on the court and the recruits signed (or that we are involved with), but I do know every assistant hired and the staff as a whole will be talked up by the man in charge (obviously).

-Young

-Black

-From the Chi

-Guard Focused Recruiter and Coach

-More Resources than he has every had.

I like this hire a lot. Welcome to the Lou Coach Bailey! Now go hit the trail.

He also knows the current A-10, so that will be another plus.

Last night I went on the Lady Techsters website to see if I could figure out which player, and it was pretty apparent to me that it was her. She transferred from Marquette (where he had previously coached).

His first mistake was marrying his high school sweetheart. What seems like a good idea to a 17-year-old rarely makes sense to a 25-year-old, let alone beyond that.

His first mistake was marrying his high school sweetheart. What seems like a good idea to a 17-year-old rarely makes sense to a 25-year-old, let alone beyond that.

I saw it speculated that he did it because his mom was going downhill quick and he wanted her to be there mentally for his wedding.