Ford and Assistants

3Bill

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This board has been consistently high on Tanner for no apparent reason. Didn't you get the memo?

I am far from a supporter of any of our coaches from this past season (probably one of the more outspoken posters on this board 12 months ago), but I could see Tanner catch on at another D-I program.

You can say the same about Crews

Honestly I think Crews could be a decent assistant coach as well if he has any desire to continue coaching. I was as harsh as anyone about this coaching staff 12 months ago, but Tanner and Crews do have some attractive attributes and the same can be said for different reasons for Cheaney. I am not advocating that Ford bring any of those guys back (far from it), but I think they could all end up in D-I next season if that is what they are looking to do.

Pretty good thing for a young guy to have on his resume.

Definitely agree, but didn't show much outside that. I guess my point is our staff was wholly underwhelming last year and I'd be surprised if anyone was an assistant on a team next year. I find that pretty remarkable because college basketball recycles coaches like it's going out of style.

I am far from a supporter of any of our coaches from this past season (probably one of the more outspoken posters on this board 12 months ago), but I could see Tanner catch on at another D-I program.

Angres Thorpe is still an assistant in D1, so of course Bronson or Cheaney could land at another D-1 program.

Definitely agree, but didn't show much outside that. I guess my point is our staff was wholly underwhelming last year and I'd be surprised if anyone was an assistant on a team next year. I find that pretty remarkable because college basketball recycles coaches like it's going out of style.

I guess we should have a pretty good idea whether that is true a month from now. While I don't care for many of those guys, I would be surprised if it were the case that none of them were coaching D-I next season.

This board has been consistently high on Tanner for no apparent reason. Didn't you get the memo?

I would say the board was higher on Cheaney as a coach for no apparent reason. As soon as he was hired, people on here were labeling him as Crews heir apparent.

There are a lot of D1 assistant coaching jobs. If Tanner and Cheaney decide to continue in that role, they will both find work.

Pretty good thing for a young guy to have on his resume.

Yeah since Rickma has such a long list of a high achieving coaching tree he is responsible for.

There is one big reason to consider, chaeney apparently has sons in high school playing. I'd consider waiting out those blood lines to see how they develop. Good chance if they are about to become the next steph curry or clay Thompson sons of former nba players they would go play for their father.

All I know about Bronson/Cheaney is during that Dayton game where Yarbrough scored like 11 straight points and then missed his last 9 shots, they were both trying to draw up plays at the end of the game for anyone but Yarbrough, but Crews and Platt said we had to call Milik's number.

This was the actual quote. It almost sounds like its already in the works. That would be nice.

Ford said SLU will renovate Chaifetz locker room. "We're going to make it state of the art." Wants players to want to spend time at arena.

I'd be thrilled if he can get back to where the FANS want to spend time at the arena.