Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellow Hoosier, I like you moniker, but you are very misguided if you think the Athletic Department is taking the "panic and raw emotions" from this forum into consideration. There are maybe two or three dozen regular posters and there is no consensus except hatred for anything someone posts that disagrees with their personal opinion. Do two or three dozen MBM's represent the entire SLU fan base? Only if the SLU fan base is primarily males who have a lot of time on their hands with nothing productive to do. How many 'heavy hitters' are regular posters? Did the Athletic Department tell the search firm to read the Billikens.com board and consider their opinion? Heaven help us all if that is remotely true.

Right on target. I doubt that the AD nor the search firm check in to this site to gauge the popular opinion of the day. Although there is a lot of passion for different potential coaches, I question how many local residents/season ticket holder/Billiken Club members are represented here vs. folks airing out their opinions.....

Right on target. I doubt that the AD nor the search firm check in to this site to gauge the popular opinion of the day. Although there is a lot of passion for different potential coaches, I question how many local residents/season ticket holder/Billiken Club members are represented here vs. folks airing out their opinions.....

You guys are really going out on a limb with this "the AD doesn't take Billikens.com coaching thread into consideration" angle

Here's what I'm guessing is happening. Chaifetz wanted Drew, and May agreed with him on that. But Drew has probably given an indication that he is staying at Valpo and so May's plan B/C is Ford or Dooley. Doc Chaifetz probably hates that idea and has been pushing for an assistant like Inglesby or Capel instead of an already established (and mediocre) head coach like Dooley or Ford...

May unequivocally stated that the search would focus on candidates with head coaching experience. Hiring Ingelsby would be in direct contravention of that stated goal. Gotta think there is some disagreement behind the scenes or else May never would've put that out there in the first place.

yep, give me inglesby. if stallings and drew are off the table, i'll take the best assistant coach we can get. inglesby sounds legit. brey definitely doesn't want to lose him, and i've read in articles that he's basically anti-crews, in that he's very good at identifying talent and moldable personalities and getting the most from players. that's what we need, a leader that motivates. need charisma over all-out coaching chops.

May unequivocally stated that the search would focus on candidates with head coaching experience. Hiring Ingelsby would be in direct contravention of that stated goal. Gotta think there is some disagreement behind the scenes or else May never would've put that out there in the first place.

Agreed, but this was also a clear nod to Drew. And do we have a shot there? I'm not sure.

I think Ingelsby would be a nice hire. Strikes me as a Brad Stevens-type.