Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Rice is intriguing - I like the Gonzaga background and he has done an outstanding job at a place with little tradition of basketball success. I like his ability to recruit internationally, but the rest of his roster is all from the west coast. Not sure how he would transition to the Midwest and go about recruiting. But I would rather take a shot with Rice over Dooley.

I read that one of Rice's best players during his time at BSU, Derrick Marks, Mountain West POY a year ago, was from Chicago. Not sure how that happened, but thought it was worth mentioning.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellow Hoosier, I like you moniker, but you are very misguided if you think the Athletic Department is taking the "panic and raw emotions" from this forum into consideration. There are maybe two or three dozen regular posters and there is no consensus except hatred for anything someone posts that disagrees with their personal opinion. Do two or three dozen MBM's represent the entire SLU fan base? Only if the SLU fan base is primarily males who have a lot of time on their hands with nothing productive to do. How many 'heavy hitters' are regular posters? Did the Athletic Department tell the search firm to read the Billikens.com board and consider their opinion? Heaven help us all if that is remotely true.

Did you get your feelings hurt?

Correct, let's just say SLU will be hiring a Assistant Coach from a top program, not a former head coach

He was right once. Called Majerus leave absence announcement a few hours before it happened.

I only bring that up because I used to always dismiss his comments.