Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe what I heard was misunderstood by the person who told me it (or me). Sounds like Chris May wants to have a coach hired before the final four. Either myself, or the person who told me, might have understood that as "we have a coach and will announce it around final four time".

Or maybe we do have a coach and it'll be announced then. Not sure we'll ever know

Not that it matters but Sean played at Pitt; Archie at NC State. Would it be as much going home for Archie as it would Sean?

Again, Dayton sources tell me Archie is locked in at YouDee for at least next year when he is supposed to field his most complete team ever at YouDee.

Not that it matters but Sean played at Pitt; Archie at NC State. Would it be as much going home for Archie as it would Sean?

Again, Dayton sources tell me Archie is locked in at YouDee for at least next year when he is supposed to field his most complete team ever at YouDee.

If Pitt is going to pay Archie what Dixon was making, he will be out the hangar door.

Getting to the NCAA Tourney is and should still be our goal. Success in the Tourney will come but getting invited is the key. Once at the Dance, success then is all about favorable draws, matchups, having your team peak at the right time and good luck/fortune. For us, Michigan State and Oregon were really tough draws/matchups and our guys wore down/injuries their Senior year. Last year, Dayton played really well down the stretch, peaked and had good matchups and the Elite Eight made Archie the hottest young coach. This year, UD never seemed to fully get it together, they faltered down the stretch leading up to the Tourney, they should have lost to our bad team and then they had the misfortuen to draw Syracuse -- a tough and bad matchup.

Getting to the NCAA Tourney is and should still be our goal. Success in the Tourney will come but getting invited is the key. Once at the Dance, success then is all about favorable draws, matchups, having your team peak at the right time and good luck/fortune. For us, Michigan State and Oregon were really tough draws/matchups and our guys wore down/injuries their Senior year. Last year, Dayton played really well down the stretch, peaked and had good matchups and the Elite Eight made Archie the hottest young coach. This year, UD never seemed to fully get it together, they faltered down the stretch leading up to the Tourney, they should have lost to our bad team and then they had the misfortuen to draw Syracuse -- a tough and bad matchup.

SLU should have defeated Oregon in the '13 NCAA in San Jose, with Oregon being an inferior team, but with a superior coach, who game planned SLU with a zone defense. That was SLU's great chance to make the Sweet 16, with some very important eyes watching in San Jose. Had Coach Majerus not been fallen, I'm confident SLU wins that game.

If what the beat writer said is true, AD announcing Crews gone and coach within three weeks most likely means they agreed to something with the future head coach, just can't announce it until that person is done with a postseason tournament.

Best announcement of all time came when Fr. Biondi at the press conference called the new coach "Brad Sodaberger."

Maybe we want/already have a guy who is still coaching which will push the announcement back?

Yep....Both Otzelberger and Ingelsby are still in the Tourney. I think that is very telling.

If what the beat writer said is true, AD announcing Crews gone and coach within three weeks most likely means they agreed to something with the future head coach, just can't announce it until that person is done with a postseason tournament.

UW, Valpo, St. Mary's all still playing

UW, Valpo, St. Mary's all still playing

Our mew coach is still working. The coach will likely come from this group of teams....Depending how the ball bounces , it could be as soon as Wed. And of course the deal is never done till it is announced.

Patience....The clock is winding down....tick... tick...tick

Our mew coach is still working. The coach will likely come from this group of teams....Depending how the ball bounces , it could be as soon as Wed. And of course the deal is never done till it is announced.

Patience....The clock is winding down....tick... tick...tick

Love me some cryptic