Coaching Candidates

JMM28

-interesting, leaving ACC for Big12, some folks would never consider that

-I took a very quick look at Pitt's roster and stats and the top 2 scorers this year were juniors and the 3rd was a senior, I wonder if they are leaving and he didn't have much to replace them?

-I've always thought Pitt's gym looked odd with the suites behind the benches, perhaps that is why he is leaving ;)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I took a very quick look at Pitt's roster and stats and the top 2 scorers this year were juniors and the 3rd was a senior, I wonder if they are leaving and he didn't have much to replace them?

-I've always thought Pitt's gym looked odd with the suites behind the benches, perhaps that is why he is leaving ;)

I guess when alma mater's are involved, all bets are off...which is why I would pass on Underwood.

I guess when alma mater's are involved, all bets are off...which is why I would pass on Underwood.

Plus, I never got the impression that Dixon was beloved in Pittsburgh. Maybe he was feeling a little heat and wanted to get out while the getting was good. Hopefully its the same story for Stallings.

I don't like the Dooley option. I love what FGCU has done, but i'm skeptical, it's an experienced team and Dooley hasn't been there long. Not many true fresh/sophs

TONS of redshirts. Can anyone tell me what the divide is on the Enfield/Dooley recruits?

I don't want a repeat of Crews(naturally Dooley will be eons ahead of Crews, but I don't want mediocrity if we can afford it, I don't think we'll remain in the abyss as we are)

Jamie Dixon has been a head coach for 13 seasons. In those 13 seasons he has 11 NCAA tournaments with 1 elite 8, another sweet 16, two regular season conference championships, one conference tournament championship, a 63.8 conference winning % and 72.7 winning % overall. This was while being in arguably the best basketball conference the country. (old Big East and ACC). He just accepted a job at a program that hasn't played in the NCAA tournament in 18 seasons. Crazy.

Jamie Dixon has been a head coach for 13 seasons. In those 13 seasons he has 11 NCAA tournaments with 1 elite 8, another sweet 16, two regular season conference championships, one conference tournament championship, a 63.8 conference winning % and 72.7 winning % overall. This was while being in arguably the best basketball conference the country. (old Big East and ACC). He just accepted a job at a program that hasn't played in the NCAA tournament in 18 seasons. Crazy.

He must really like something about TCU.

Ya know, it could be something as simple as exposed ductwork.

Based on May's quotes in the paper, Stallings seems like a logical top choice for him to go after. Head coach for years with success making the tournament in a bigger conference and a high academic school. Also don't forget in the paper it said to get Lisa Stone he basically pursued her for about a month to get her to be head coach.

We don't have a month. We are coachless in a month we are in trouble.

We don't have a month. We are coachless in a month we are in trouble.

I agree 100 percent with this get it done ASAP.

Yep I've heard the same thing from someone not on the board. I'm pretty sure we'll hear an announcement by the final four or so...

Thank you, 13. I thought it was on the main board but I got it thru a phone call. So apologies to K and Westy, being an old bastard I forgot. Mea Culpa. And remember it's all about forgiveness. Sorry to SLU72fan as well, I really thought it was your post. So, let the caning begin.