Opening game sellout?

bonwich

Anyone know how student distribution went yesterday? No offense, but if the section is full I'll be fairly happy no matter if we have 7, 8 or 10,000 there overall. Good student involvement is a better indicator of the game-day atmosphere, and a good atmosphere will bring in the general public and recruits.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how student distribution went yesterday? No offense, but if the section is full I'll be fairly happy no matter if we have 7, 8 or 10,000 there overall. Good student involvement is a better indicator of the game-day atmosphere, and a good atmosphere will bring in the general public and recruits.

Good point. Having a great student turnout is more important than having 9-10k show up. I hope we have a good game so that the students keep coming back.

I saw an old man running around Schnuck's this past weekend telling everyone who would listen he had a "buddy" in high places who told him the decision was coming down on Sunday and that everybody would need "three weeks' groceries." It's starting to remind me a little of Dr. Browning and the New Madrid earthquake scare in 1990.

Was the old man Ed Schnucks?

student section sold out

Any changes with the band this year? I had heard rumors of problems experienced by the longtime director? Mike? Or am I wrong? Also remember tension between band music and piped in rock music. Anything new on that?

Mike has officially retired, and is passing on the reigns to Austin, who is a former member that has been co-directing the band for a number of years now. He's really great at it, so there won't be much different (though the band has learned a bunch of new songs).

So all in all, no major turnover or anything. There were no problems, Mike just decided to move on and enjoy retirement. Austin is definitely the most qualified person to take over for Mike. Communication between the band and music person will be much better this year. New tip off song that everyone will love.

Mike has officially retired, and is passing on the reigns to Austin, who is a former member that has been co-directing the band for a number of years now. He's really great at it, so there won't be much different (though the band has learned a bunch of new songs).

So all in all, no major turnover or anything. There were no problems, Mike just decided to move on and enjoy retirement. Austin is definitely the most qualified person to take over for Mike. Communication between the band and music person will be much better this year. New tip off song that everyone will love.

Pitbull

You mean they finally learned the Billiken Rag?

Last year was an instrumental song from the Dark Knight Rises, hence #RiseoftheBillikens and the Billiken signal light in reference to the Batman light

There was a clip of Batman-sounding music at the beginning for a few seconds, but the song playing over the video was definitely Seven Nation Army. Personally, I'm glad that the "Rise of the Billikens" theme finally seems to have been retired.

There was a clip of Batman-sounding music at the beginning for a few seconds, but the song playing over the video was definitely Seven Nation Army. Personally, I'm glad that the "Rise of the Billikens" theme finally seems to have been retired.

You're thinking of two years ago

No, I remember the Batman video from last year he's talking about. But once that part was over they still played Seven Nation Army during the intros. They have for several years in a row now. Every team and its brother uses that song these days, so it certainly wouldn't break my heart if they changed it up this year.

Someone wiser than me can tell me what the background song is

I think 2012 was Seven Nation Army

SLU men's Bball Twitter confirma game is SOLD OUT tomorrow! Can't wait to see the feta rockin once again

I am REALLY impressed by this. Considering there have only been a handful of sell outs in Chaifetz. To do it against SIUC is impressive