Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Wonder if Billikensblog can try and get in touch with Goodwin to see if he has had any word with SLU or plans on visiting anytime soon? If the offer will wait until he visits SLU, hopefully he has plans to visit soon or the coaches will go out there and give him the offer.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if Billikensblog can try and get in touch with Goodwin to see if he has had any word with SLU or plans on visiting anytime soon? If the offer will wait until he visits SLU, hopefully he has plans to visit soon or the coaches will go out there and give him the offer.

And hopefully he accepts it on the spot.

I have heard a lot of positive things about him, but have never seen him play. His offers currently show Mizzou, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Wright State, Samford, and Kentucky Wesleyan, but I am not sure what other programs are recruiting him. I am not sure what exactly this means, but he was named to the 2015-16 USA Basketball Men's Junior National Team in April.

Add Louisville to the list of offers for David Sloan. Florida, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee are other major programs recruiting him.

Maybe my memory is faulty, but I believe Tilmon has already missed games due to issues in the classroom. Seems like a longshot to me.

He did miss games his freshman season. I had thought the same thing and voiced similar concerns, but talking to people who would know, he sounds like a solid kid just in a bad environment at ESL. There were some rumors about him possibly heading to Althoff, but not sure if that talk has died. It would be a shame to see a kid with that type of ability unable to play in college due to grades, but that seems to be the norm for ESL star athletes.

-am i mixing up the classes? Nate Pierre Louis from NJ has an offer from SLU and Goodwin from Althoff just across the river doesn't have an offer

Nate's dad and Jayson's dad guarded each other back in their USBL days. There's a 99% chance Jayson isn't going to be in college in 2017 so this is definitely a Hail Mary. Having the best point guard in New Jersey and The Saint on the same team is nice to dream about, though.

Kids generally start making visits in early September after the AAU season is done and the quiet period is over . That's when I expect the 2017 offers to begin in earnest.

But not Jordan Goodwin apparently

@scottybscout: Belleville Althoff 2017 SG Jordan Goodwin @jGoodwin1123 has picked up offers from Virginia Tech #Hokies & Illinois State today @RedbirdRecon

Goodwin also received an offer from Purdue

At the moment, we will not be speaking to recruits. We talked to SLU compliance and while they don't feel like we're breaking any rules (or if we were, the NCAA wouldn't do anything), they'd like for us to receive some kind of journalist certification before we speak to any more recruits because technically fans are not allowed to speak to recruits. Fans are also not allowed to tag recruits in tweets, retweet any tweet that a recruit is tagged in, or tag any family members of recruits in tweets. Obviously none of that is enforced and probably can't even be enforced as it would be impossible to prove that @whoever is actually a fan of the school, but until we go through this process (I'm incredibly busy so it could be a while), I wouldn't expect a ton of info from us.

At the moment, we will not be speaking to recruits. We talked to SLU compliance and while they don't feel like we're breaking any rules (or if we were, the NCAA wouldn't do anything), they'd like for us to receive some kind of journalist certification before we speak to any more recruits because technically fans are not allowed to speak to recruits. Fans are also not allowed to tag recruits in tweets, retweet any tweet that a recruit is tagged in, or tag any family members of recruits in tweets. Obviously none of that is enforced and probably can't even be enforced as it would be impossible to prove that @whoever is actually a fan of the school, but until we go through this process (I'm incredibly busy so it could be a while), I wouldn't expect a ton of info from us.

-I hereby deem that you have journalist certification

-go forth and conquer

-with liberty and justice to the frat

-that should take of it

You is what you are doing any different than some guy from Scout asking similar questions?

The difference is that they work for Scout and I'm just a Billiken fan running my own blog

What if SignGuy hires you as recruiting correspondent for Billikens.com and you get paid a couple of bucks? How is that any different than Scout?

Have we offered an F'er from Minnesota, yet?

We're waiting for Goodwin to beg for an offer first. Only THEN will we offer Darren Clarke's younger brother, Daryl Clarke. By all accounts, he's a total f-er. And he's from Minnesota, obviously.

I hate the wait and see approach. It's not like we're some dream school. Yeah Goodwin supposedly said he wants to play here, but if we wait and see and he blows up, maybe he's going to want to go to an Indiana or a Michigan or something.

Didn't we get Kwamain on board early and then he was Wisconsin player of the year as a senior and the big boys like Wisconsin and other Big 10 schools came along and wanted him to play for them?

Unfortunately I think SLU is a school that you have to offer early and hope it turns out. If Goodwin just doesn't develop, you can let the offer go stale. It may not necessarily be the right thing, but I feel like you gotta do it.