Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that this kid plays at St. Louis Christian.

2017 St. Louis Christian (MO) G Nickeil Alexander-Walker received an offer from USC. (HT @ShaneJames23) @NickeilAW31

Not a st. Louis native. He's from Toronto. Big time player has offers from Illinois, Providence, Baylor, V tech, among others.

All right, here's my first pass at a complete 2017 list. All details aren't totally filled in because the list is massive and information is scarce on some of these guys. Let me know what I missed. I left some kids out (like local kids we may not be recruiting yet, or Trae Young, who we've contacted but who isn't coming here).

Offers

Nate Pierre-Louis: PG, 6-3, 170, Plainfield, NJ (St. Benedict)Offers: SLU, Dayton, Providence, Rhode Island, Cincinnati, Creighton, UConn, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Florida State, St. John’s, Temple, Miami, SMU, Texas Tech, TCU, Iowa State, Penn State, Wagner. Interest: Syracuse, Indiana, Nebraska. Latest News: Pierre-Louis was named a top 20 all star at the Hoop Group Elite Camp. His last campus visit was at UConn. Scouting Report: Pierre-Louis is a lock-down defender and hard-nosed competitor. He has good size and sees the court well in both transition and the half-court offense. Twitter: @Ntg2515

Jeremiah Tilmon: C, 6-9, 230, East St. Louis, IL (East St. Louis)Offers: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, NC State, K-State. Interest: Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Ohio State, Iowa, Georgetown. Latest News: Tilmon is playing well at the Nike Global Challenge in Chicago. Illinois and others are watching. He visited Illinois and plans to visit Indiana soon. In the beginning of June, he said Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, and Duke were his top schools. Scouting Report: Tilmon has an NBA-type body and has made strides in the past year to improve conditioning and speed. He’s quick and athletic for his size and is a great finisher. He’s one of the top-ranked big men nationally in the class of 2017. Twitter: @jeremiah_tilmon

Wyatt Yess: F, 6-8, 205, Ballwin, MO (Parkway West)Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Wyoming. Interest: Creighton. Latest News: There hasn’t been much Yess-related news hitting the wire this summer. He has three offers so far. Scouting Report: Yess displays great footwork and passing ability for his size and can step out and shoot from the perimeter. He’s a limited ball handler but is working on developing all facets of his game. He’s a versatile athlete who also plays tight end/receiver on his HS football team. Twitter: @WyattYess

Interest

Jalen Clanton: PG, 6-0, 150, Riverside, IL (Riverside-Brookfield)Offers: None. Interest: SLU. Latest News: Clanton has had a very good summer with the Illinois Wolves. There isn’t much information jumping out about who is recruiting Clanton, so I’ll fill that in as I find it. Scouting Report: Clanton has a great feel for the game and gets his teammates involved. He can score, as well, and has a confident jumper. Twitter: @jalenclanton_

Reggie Crawford: SF, 6-3, 175, St. Louis, MO (Chaminade) Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Evansville. Latest News: Crawford wrapped up a solid AAU season with the Eagles and is now getting back to football practice. Scouting Report: Crawford is an athletic, versatile player who rebounds well from the wing and is a lock-down defender. The question is whether he’ll pursue football or basketball in college. Twitter: @scholarathlete_

Donald Duncan: PG, 5-11, 180, Baltimore, MD (Gilman)Offers: VMI, UT-Martin. Interest: SLU, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, Drake, Southern Miss, Wright State, Bucknell, Loyola-Maryland, Fairleigh Dickinson, UMBC, Monmouth, Towson, Northern Kentucky, Colgate, Delaware, LIU-Brooklyn. Latest News: Duncan’s latest offer is from VMI. He had a solid summer showing with Team Melo. Scouting Report: Duncan plays a balanced game from the point, a smart player who can distribute to teammates and shoot from the perimeter. Twitter: @___D34

Daniel Farris: PG, 5-11, 160, St. Louis, MO (Madison Prep) Offers: Eastern Illinois. Interest: SLU. Latest News: Farris played well for Gateway this summer, helping them to a championship in a Las Vegas tournament. He recently picked up his first offer, from Eastern Illinois. Scouting Report: Farris is a small, left-handed, very active guard with a lot of scoring ability. He’s an excellent shooter with good fundamentals. He has been playing varsity since he was a freshman.

Noah Frederking: SF, 6-4, 175, Okawville, IL (Okawville) Offers: None. Interest: SLU, SIUC. Latest News: Frederking played with the St. Louis Eagles this past summer. Scouting Report: Frederking is a big-time scorer, with over 1,300 points through his first two years of varsity basketball. He’s also his HS team’s leading rebounder. Twitter: @noafrederking

Koray Gilbert: SG, 6-2, 160, St. Louis, MO (SLUH)Offers: None. Interest: SLU. Latest News: Gilbert ran with the St. Louis Wolves this AAU season. Earl Austin Jr. said he excelled in the mid-range game and has a consistent fadeaway jumper. Scouting Report: Gilbert is a long, slender, athletic slasher with strong moves off the dribble and a nose for finishing. He’s also got a decent perimeter shot. Twitter: @KoraywittaK

Jordan Goodwin: SG, 6-3, 210, Belleville, IL (Althoff)Offers: Illinois, Mizzou, Purdue, Creighton, Virginia Tech, Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Indiana. Latest News: Goodwin impressed with the St. Louis Eagles this summer, picking up offers from Purdue, Virginia Tech, Illinois State, and Creighton. Scouting Report: Goodwin is a very strong, physical wing who scores in a variety of ways. He has a high motor and is happy to bang for points and rebounds. He’s a fringe top-50 players in most 2017 rankings. Twitter: @jGoodwin1123

Zach Gunn: F, 6-6, 205, Fishers, IN (Hamilton Southeastern)Offers: Indiana, Butler, IUPUI, Ball State. Interest: SLU, Xavier, Georgetown, Michigan, Michigan State. Latest News: Gunn hit a 3 at the buzzer to give the Indy Hoosiers a 16U title in the Las Vegas Fab 48 tournament. His recruitment is mostly an in-state affair, with Indiana, Butler, and Ball State leading. Scouting Report: Gunn is a lefty who has an unorthodox but deadly shot. He’s a confident, composed player.

Lenell Henry: PF, 6-8, 185, Chicago, IL (Morgan Park)Offers: None. Interest: SLU. Latest News: Henry has flown under the radar as a reserve on a stacked Morgan Park team but is starting to really draw some eyes this summer. Scouting Report: Henry is a long, bouncy power forward with good hands. He has a high motor and rebounds the weakside glass well. Twitter: @The_trutthh

Ra Kpedi: PF, 6-8, 185, Indianapolis, IN (Lawrence North)Offers: IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Butler, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Bradley, Ohio, IPFW, Western Illinois. Latest News: Kpedi will be visiting Iowa and Vandy in August. Scouting Report: Kpedi is young for his class, so he’s raw but extremely hard working. He has a range of post moves and an improving jumper, and he’s a good shot blocker. With great length already, he’s still growing.

Brandon McKissic: SG, 6-2, 170, St. Louis, MO (SLUH)Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Wichita State. Latest News: McKissic ran with the St. Louis Eagles this summer on the AAU circuit. Scouting Report: McKissic emerged as SLUH’s primary scoring threat as a sophomore, piling up points as the season went on and hitting some huge shots. Twitter: @BMcKissic03

Cooper Neese: SG, 6-4, 175, Cloverdale, IN (Cloverdale)Offers: Evansville. Interest: SLU, Butler, Indiana, Ohio State, Indiana State, SIUC, Kent State, Belmont, Cornell, Vermont, IUPUI, Western Illinois, Denver, UNC-Greensboro, Lipscomb. Latest News: Neese played with the Indy Hoosiers AAU team this summer. He picked up an offer from Evansville. Scouting Report: Neese is an excellent shooter but can also be sneaky off the dribble. Twitter: @cnclovers11

Christian Negron: PF, 6-6, 195, Elgin, IL (Larkin)Offers: Illinois, Iowa, DePaul, Bradley. Interest: SLU, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Oregon, Vanderbilt, UIC, Loyola-Chicago. Latest News: Illinois and Iowa have been out to see Negron play a lot this summer with the Mac Irvin Fire, and lately Wisconsin is coming on strong, and is expected to offer soon. Scouting Report: Negron is a face-up power forward with a high motor. Twitter: @dirhardcubs11

Jamal Nixon: SG, 6-4, 180, Chicago, IL (Fenwick)Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Northwestern. West Virginia, UIC, Loyola-Chicago, Holy Cross. Latest News: Nixon played for the Illinois Wolves this summer for AAU ball. He had a lot of Big Ten interest early in his recruitment but most of it has cooled for the moment. Scouting Report: Nixon is a strong guard with a complete game for his age and position. He’s a smart, hard-working leader. Nixon missed much of his last HS season with a torn meniscus. Twitter: @j_nix_1

Alex O’Connell: SG, 6-5, 165, Milton, GA (Milton)Offers: Florida International, Georgia Southern, MTSU. Interest: SLU, Davidson, George Mason, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Georgia, Stanford, Texas Tech, UAB, East Carolina, Princeton, Marshall, William & Mary, James Madison, Troy, Longwood, Liberty. Latest News: O’Connell’s offers are all from this summer. He’s got a lot of high-level interest, as well. Scouting Report: O’Connell is an excellent shooter with a high, quick release and the ability to knock it down off the catch or dribble. He can break down defenders in transition and is a good, smart defender. Twitter: @Alex_OC4

Charles Payton: F, 6-6, 175, Bloomington, IL (Bloomington)Offers: Nebraska, UIC, SIUC. Interest: SLU, Xavier, Butler, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue, K-State, Illinois State. Latest News: Payton displayed his elite athleticism with the Illinois Wolves this month, impressing scouts with an array of dunks and blocks. He took unofficial visits to Illinois and Indiana this summer. Scouting Report: Payton is an outstanding athlete with great length and leaping ability. His offers are all fresh and his recruitment is starting to blow up. Twitter: @charlespayton03

Javon Pickett: F, 6-5, 175, Belleville, IL, (Belleville East) Offers: Illinois State, UIC, Loyola-Chicago, Missouri State, Drake, Tennessee State, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Vanderbilt, SIUC. Latest News: As of early-mid July, Pickett had no offers. By the end of July, he had seven. His stock is clearly rising fast. Scouting Report: Pickett is a smooth, athletic forward with a high motor who can shoot and get to the basket. He’s got a good wingspan and a relentless work ethic. Twitter: @JavonPickett

P. J. Pipes: G, 6-2, 180, Lemont, IL, (Lemont)Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Cal, Belmont, South Dakota State, Cornell, Western Illinois. Latest News: Pipes helped the Illinois Stars to a 16U championship at the Chicago Summer Challenge, scoring 21 PPG. His most recent unofficial visit was to Cal. Scouting Report: Pipes is a strong combo guard with great court vision and speed. He’s got a strong work ethic and great feel for the game. Twitter: @pipes_pj

David Sloan: PG, 5-11, 165, Campbellsville, KY (Taylor County)Offers: Mizzou, Louisville, Tennessee, Murray State, Wright State, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Samford, SEMO, UALR, Kentucky Wesleyan. Interest: SLU, Georgetown, Illinois, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Clemson. Latest News: Sloan has started to pick up some big-time offers this summer as he played with the St. Louis Eagles. Scouting Report: The top-ranked 2017 player in the state of Kentucky, Sloan’s stock has risen significantly in 2015. He’s a true point guard with outstanding passing skills and the ability to make every player on his team better. Twitter: @dayday_sloan

T.J. Smith: SG, 6-6, 170, Matteson, IL (Marian)Offers: Illinois State, UIC, Santa Clara. Interest: SLU, Xavier, Dayton, DePaul, Purdue, Nebraska, Miami, Ohio. Latest News: Smith picked up offers from Illinois State, UIC, and Santa Clara this summer after showing well for Fundamental Young Legends. Scouting Report: Smith is looking strong after returning from an ACL injury that kept him out his entire sophomore season. Twitter: @_TJ_1

Alec Spence: SF, 6-3, 170, St. Louis, MO (MICDS)Offers: None. Interest: SLU. Latest News: Spence played with Gateway over the summer, but there isn’t much information available about his recruitment. Scouting Report: Spence scores in a variety of ways, showing a lot of versatility and athleticism from the wing. He’s a smart, unselfish player.

Joey St. Pierre: C, 6-10, 270, Richmond, IL (La Lumiere, LaPorte, IN)Offers: UIC. Interest: SLU, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, K-State, Illinois State, Evansville, Loyola-Chicago. Latest News: St. Pierre transferred from Burton HS in Richmond to La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Indiana. Scouting Report: St. Pierre has huge hands and wide shoulders, and uses his size well for position in the post. He has a limited range of offensive moves but is working to expand that. He’s a strong rebounder and is very physical. Twitter: @JoeyStPierre

Collin Stallworth: F, 6-5, 175, Rochester, IL (Rochester)Offers: Central Michigan, Jacksonville State. Interest: SLU, Drake, Boise State. Latest News: Stallworth played very well with the SW Illinois Jets over the summer, and now has a pair of offers to show for it. Scouting Report: Stallworth is a skilled scorer who likes to play around the perimeter but will surprise with a strong drive to the basket from the wing or in transition. He appears to be growing quickly, based on the range of height listings I’ve found. Twitter: @cstallbball33

Levi Stockard: C, 6-8, 265, St. Louis, MO (Madison Prep)Offers: IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, Jacksonville State. Interest: SLU, Illinois State. Latest News: Stockard just picked up his first three offers after playing well over the summer with Gateway. Scouting Report: Stockard is a load inside who uses his huge frame to get good position. He has good touch and offensive rebounding ability, as well. Twitter: @LeviStockard32

Terryonte Thomas: SG, 6-4, 205, Columbus, MS (New Hope)Offers: Southern Miss. Interest: SLU, VCU, Xavier, Memphis, Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, K-State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Penn State, Tulane, Murray State, Troy. Latest News: Thomas has a ton of schools interested but the offers have been slower to come through. Scouting Report: Thomas is a high-volume scorer with great size and strength for a guard. He’s a good passer and creates mismatches at both ends. He is also being recruited by big-time football programs but is leaning toward basketball at this point. Twitter: @terryontej

Alonzo Verge: PG, 6-3, 160, Villa Park, IL (Willowbrook)Offers: Illinois, Kansas, Providence, Oregon, Ohio. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Minnesota. Latest News: Verge reported that Illinois, Kansas, Providence, and Ohio had offered but that he hadn’t been hearing from SLU and Mizzou. Scouting Report: Verge is a complete offensive talent, with boundless energy, unlimited scoring ability, high-level handles, and smarts beyond his years.

Blake Williams: PG, 5-11, 150, Memphis, TN (Cordova)Offers: La Salle, Murray State, UT-Martin. Interest: SLU, Ole Miss, Florida, Tennessee, K-State, UAB, South Alabama. Latest News: Williams picked up an offer from La Salle. Scouting Report: Williams is a pure point guard, an exceptional passer and leader on the floor.

Alonzo Verge: PG, 6-3, 160, Villa Park, IL (Willowbrook)Offers: Illinois, Kansas, Providence, Oregon, Ohio. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Minnesota. Latest News: Verge reported that Illinois, Kansas, Providence, and Ohio had offered but that he hadn’t been hearing from SLU and Mizzou. Scouting Report: Verge is a complete offensive talent, with boundless energy, unlimited scoring ability, high-level handles, and smarts beyond his years.

-great work, thanks Pistol

-is this the kid that played on tv with the Eagles from Peach Jam? interesting that it would be said anywhere that he is not hearing from SLU, does that indicate he has interest in SLU? although I believe someone mentioned he is top target for Illinois but may be he doesn't like them

-did Wyatt Yess play summer ball?

-talent out there, let's get some

-did Wyatt Yess play summer ball?

That is a good question. I don't see his name in Earl's write-up on the Adidas Three Stripes tournament that Gateway 16U won. There is a picture of the team and it looks like Yess is in the photo in a yellow t-shirt, so maybe he was hurt?

http://earlaustinjr.com/?p=8345

I think Levi Stockard is at Vashon now.

I have not seen Yess on any teams this summer.

It seems like Goodwin has moved on from being a possibility for us. Mckissic & Frederking should be the local priorites.

1. is this the kid that played on tv with the Eagles from Peach Jam? interesting that it would be said anywhere that he is not hearing from SLU, does that indicate he has interest in SLU? although I believe someone mentioned he is top target for Illinois but may be he doesn't like them

2. did Wyatt Yess play summer ball?

3. talent out there, let's get some

1. Yes. And I don't know what the mutual interest level is. Our coaches watched the Eagles enough to say they're very, very aware of every kid on the roster. He's a huge priority for the Illini, but I'm not sure what he thinks of them. He's a hard one to read at this point. He's an incredible offensive player; he's a no-brainer offer if there's been any mutual connection at all so far.

2. Yess is listed on Gateway's 16U roster. He tweeted about the team almost 3 months ago, and the last tweet I can find about him and Gateway is also almost three months ago. And the most recent stats I can find for any AAU events (on the Adidas circuit) are from late April. He's listed on the roster for later events, but without a jersey number and with no points or other stats listed. Maybe he's taking the summer off? I don't know.

3. There's a lot of talent and a lot of names. This has the potential to be a nice class if SLU plays its cards right.

I think Levi Stockard is at Vashon now.

It seems like Goodwin has moved on from being a possibility for us. Mckissic & Frederking should be the local priorites.

I've seen some stuff that says Vashon, but couldn't verify it. He's still retweeting things that have him listed as Madison Prep. I held off on changing it for now, but let me know if he's officially transferred.

I'm not ready to move on from Goodwin. Our staff has clearly botched his recruitment so far but I'd like to think the bridge isn't burned with a kid who has 2 years of HS ball left. I'm stunned we haven't offered yet, I'd just hate to think he's 100% out of reach even if he's disappointed in our staff's ineptitude.

Frederking appears to be a pure scorer. I like everything I read and see there. Who has seen him play? How'd he look with the Eagles this summer?

What's your take on McKissic? I've heard a lot of differing opinions on him so far.

I just heard Cuonzo Martin on with Frank on 920am and he said Cal is recruting STL heavy as there

is great talent right now in the area.

They sure are. I'm seeing Cal's name pop up a lot on these Missouri and Illinois kids. Some have already taken unofficial visits out there.

Any idea whether he will be playing football again this fall?

Yess won't be playing football anymore. Had a knee injury that required rest, hence no AAU ball during July. Shouldn't affect him going forward for basketball.