Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2017 list is going to take forever to put together. I've got the offer names (Pierre-Louis, Tilmon, Yess) done but there are a ton of kids on the interest list. However, I have "Stallworth" in my notes as one name and can't find reference to him. I skimmed this thread but must be missing where he was mentioned; any help?

I don't know if people saw this last month, but Michael Porter trimmed his list to 17 and SLU wasn't on it. So we can let that pipe dream pass.

See that would be a top 5 recruit I wouldn't want the coaches to waste time on. From Columbia and his dad works at Mizzou so that would be the hometown angle plus going up against the elites.

17! That's crazy. I would think he would have a 5 he is most interested in with a few other schools so why not go to 10. I understand trimming your list otherwise offers and coaches would just keep calling but that's leaving a lot of schools left.

17! That's crazy. I would think he would have a 5 he is most interested in with a few other schools so why not go to 10. I understand trimming your list otherwise offers and coaches would just keep calling but that's leaving a lot of schools left.

He is also kind of working a package deal with his buddy Trae Young (his father played at Texas Tech) from Norman, OK, so that added to his list of schools as well.

I kinda want this guy solely for the fact that his name is P.J. Pipes.

Still suffering the feeling of emptiness left behind by Jordair Jett?

Should've named your son Jordair when you had the chance.

The 2017 list is going to take forever to put together. I've got the offer names (Pierre-Louis, Tilmon, Yess) done but there are a ton of kids on the interest list. However, I have "Stallworth" in my notes as one name and can't find reference to him. I skimmed this thread but must be missing where he was mentioned; any help?

Rochester 2017 PF Collin Stallworth

Collin! Thanks, just couldn't find that.

No prob. I just searched twitter for "Stallworth" and "SLU".

Aside from your excellent updates, searching twitter is my go to source for SLU recruiting news. I assume you do something similar, but I basically do searches like this:

Billikens/SLU/Saint Louis/St Louis + 2016/2017/2018

Billikens/SLU/Saint Louis/St Louis + PG/SG/SF/PF

Jim Crews

Calbert Cheaney

Tanner Bronson

Billikens/SLU/Saint Louis/St Louis Coach

etc.

Some are noisier than other, but you can usually just scroll through and there will be some recruiting nuggets in there. The typical recruiting tweet seems to be like this "2016 sg players's name, name of HS, is hearing from SLU/Saint Louis, other colleges". Therefore, you can usually pick them up with those types of searches. Sometimes they'll say something like "Jim Crews was in to see player's name today" so you can pick them up with coaches names sometimes as well.

Another decent way to pick out recruits on twitter is to just look at who Tanner Bronson is following. The list of guys he is following usually matches up somewhat with the lists you've put together.

Aside from your excellent updates, searching twitter is my go to source for SLU recruiting news. I assume you do something similar, but I basically do searches like this:

Jim Crews

Calbert Cheaney

Tanner Bronson

etc.

I will search a combination of SLU/Saint Louis with offer/offered as well. A lot of recruits will tweet when they get an offer or somebody else with them may tweet it.

No prob. I just searched twitter for "Stallworth" and "SLU".

Jim Crews

Calbert Cheaney

Tanner Bronson

etc.

Some are noisier than other, but you can usually just scroll through and there will be some recruiting nuggets in there. The typical recruiting tweet seems to be like this "2016 sg players's name, name of HS, is hearing from SLU/Saint Louis, other colleges". Therefore, you can usually pick them up with those types of searches. Sometimes they'll say something like "Jim Crews was in to see player's name today" so you can pick them up with coaches names sometimes as well.

Another decent way to pick out recruits on twitter is to just look at who Tanner Bronson is following. The list of guys he is following usually matches up somewhat with the lists you've put together.

Good stuff. I actually meant to do that this morning and had forgotten. I certainly use Twitter, but not enough and not efficiently enough.