Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Recruiting rankings aren't perfect and I agree with what 3star said yesterday that sometimes they'll just take the best players on the best teams, but it's good to see that we're in on such a highly rated recruit like Goodwin. Just wish we'd officially offer and hopefully get him in the fold early.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Verge also plays with the Eagles

He does and has been playing the entire summer up with the 17U EYBL squad. Jordan Goodwin, David Sloan, and Reggie Crawford joined him midway thru the season as 2017s playing with the 17U squad and it looks like all of those guys have played fairly well.

He does and has been playing the entire summer up with the 17U EYBL squad. Jordan Goodwin, David Sloan, and Reggie Crawford joined him midway thru the season as 2017s playing with the 17U squad and it looks like all of those guys have played fairly well.

Is Sloan a high major player at the next level? I thought I heard that Mizzou has offered the kid.

Goodwin comes in at 55th in ESPN's updated rankings. Soon he will be good enough for us to offer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2017/order/true

dude. if i was in the ESPN TOP 100 and wasn't offered by the 11-21 (ELEVEN AND TWENTY-ONE) D1 team in my own backyard, after i'd already publicly stated that i'd like to play there multiple times, i'd be like FUOK YOU GUYS. FUOK YOU UP YOUR STUPID FUOKING ASSES.

i mean seriously. this is a travesty. surely he actually has an offer, and we're all just MBMs. surely our coaches aren't that fuoking stupid...

dude. if i was in the ESPN TOP 100 and wasn't offered by the 11-21 (ELEVEN AND TWENTY-ONE) D1 team in my own backyard, after i'd already publicly stated that i'd like to play there multiple times, i'd be like FUOK YOU GUYS. FUOK YOU UP YOUR STUPID FUOKING ASSES.

i mean seriously. this is a travesty. surely he actually has an offer, and we're all just MBMs. surely our coaches aren't that fuoking stupid...

Could be they are waiting to see him in person like they did with Torrence Watson

also, it looks we missed out on another jordan goodwin. hotdammit. soccer team could have used HER.

45412.JPG

http://www.lehighsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7109

Is Sloan a high major player at the next level? I thought I heard that Mizzou has offered the kid.

I have heard a lot of positive things about him, but have never seen him play. His offers currently show Mizzou, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Wright State, Samford, and Kentucky Wesleyan, but I am not sure what other programs are recruiting him. I am not sure what exactly this means, but he was named to the 2015-16 USA Basketball Men's Junior National Team in April.

From the recent video interview, his only offers are Illinois and Mizzou. He has mentioned that SLU is one of the teams recruiting him the most which is at least good to see. I do remember from reading Ben's interviews with kids before that Crews has said he likes to meet the kid face to face once really before extending an offer. Wonder if he has visited campus at all. Anybody know? Perhaps BillikensBlog asked about visits?

Goodwin comes in at 55th in ESPN's updated rankings. Soon he will be good enough for us to offer.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2017/order/true

#### he's a 4 star recruit??? And we haven't offered?? I haven't been following Goodwin as much as you guys but Jesus Christ what is the staff waiting for?

I have heard it mentioned on here several times that he has said he wants to go to SLU. Did he say this in some interview or is this just one of those things that he mentioned it to somebody? Just curious where it started but hope it's true and hope an offer comes soon and he decides quickly if he really wants to go to SLU.

From the recent video interview, his only offers are Illinois and Mizzou. He has mentioned that SLU is one of the teams recruiting him the most which is at least good to see. I do remember from reading Ben's interviews with kids before that Crews has said he likes to meet the kid face to face once really before extending an offer. Wonder if he has visited campus at all. Anybody know? Perhaps BillikensBlog asked about visits?

I'm pretty sure he's been on campus at least a couple times.

I know for certain he's said he's disappointed SLU hasn't offered yet.

I'm pretty sure he's been on campus at least a couple times.

I know for certain he's said he's disappointed SLU hasn't offered yet.

I'm just baffled as to why we haven't offered this kid, it sounds like he has wanted to be a Billiken for a while and is a legit player. I just don't get it. Crews and staff better not F this up

I'm just baffled as to why we haven't offered this kid, it sounds like he has wanted to be a Billiken for a while and is a legit player. I just don't get it. Crews and staff better not F this up

People on this board have a way of exaggerating the truths. There was one poster on here that about a year ago posted a private text message with him where he said he liked SLU, and now people act like he's publicly stated multiple times that he's dying to go to SLU.

The fact we are one of the top 3 schools recruiting him the hardest is the key comment. An offer is certainly forthcoming but its not something you want to do over the phone. Get him and his family on campus, then make him the offer.

Note that the 3 schools recruited Goodwin the hardest haven't offered him a scholarship. While the two schools who have "offered" have hardly bothered to recruit him. All offers are not created equal. Let's see who is actually a regular at his games during the high school season.

By the way, Indianapolis point guard Justin Roberts will be in attendance at the Nike Elite 100 camp at St. Louis this weekend. He's in the 2017 class. That's the type of regional recruit we've got a legitimate shot at - quick, smallish guard who can create offense for himself and for others.

The fact we are one of the top 3 schools recruiting him the hardest is the key comment. An offer is certainly forthcoming but its not something you want to do over the phone. Get him and his family on campus, then make him the offer.

I have heard that there are some guys within the Eagles program who have some natural interest in SLU. Hearing that, it would be nice if we were aggressive in recruiting/building relationships with these kids and offering them (i.e. Torrence Watson) before the bigger programs start moving in. Don't really care to rehash the Goodwin offer debate since the last one was just a few weeks ago.

One general question, do we need to hire an assistant coach who has some obvious ties to the area and could get us in on the local stars? I am afraid we will be watching a lot of kids from the area jump to the power conferences in the near future if we keep the same coaching staff and Tatum heads to Duke.

Note that the 3 schools recruited Goodwin the hardest haven't offered him a scholarship. While the two schools who have "offered" have hardly bothered to recruit him. All offers are not created equal. Let's see who is actually a regular at his games during the high school season.

Aren't his known offers from Mizzou and Illinois? I don't pay any attention to Illinois, but I would imagine Mizzou is recruiting him (or soon once Tate officially starts) now that they have his AAU coach on their coaching staff and have made a lot of comments about targeting the "local" kids.

Aren't his known offers from Mizzou and Illinois? I don't pay any attention to Illinois, but I would imagine Mizzou is recruiting him (or soon once Tate officially starts) now that they have his AAU coach on their coaching staff and have made a lot of comments about targeting the "local" kids.

Yea and those are the only offers he said he had in the interview a few days so I don't think he has other offers that are just not out there unless he is hiding them too.

According to an Evan Daniels tweet Iowa's Fran McCaffery is allowed to attend because his son is participating in it.

-that was the big advantage UB had back in the day, I guess now he is using that at UVA with the golf program

-that was the big advantage UB had back in the day, I guess now he is using that at UVA with the golf program

He wasn't able to capitalize on it in any way.