Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess now is as good a time as any for a recap.

Fresh offers:

Raynere Thornton - 6-7 SF from Gordon State College

Teshaun Hightower - 6-5 PG at Mt. Zion Prep

Other offers:

Zach Gunn - 6-7 SF from Hamilton Southeastern in Indiana. Crews offer. Almost certainly stale.

Tray Hollowell - 6-2 PG from University Heights HS in Hopkinsville, KY. Early Ford offer. Recruirment has quieted in recent months. Needs a big season to raise his profile again. Most likely stale.

Isaiah Coleman-Lands - 6-0 PG at La Lumiere Prep. Far from the highest-profile player on his HS team, his recruitment has been relatively quiet as a few others on his squad have been getting headlines. No clarity here on leaders. Not sure of status with SLU, but haven't seen anything linking him to us in a while.

Isaac Kante - 6-8 F/C at Putnam Science Academy in CT. Has a lot of offers from those smaller northeastern conferences. Has gotten sporadic high-level interest, but none of those bigger names have been consistent. Has some A10 offers, too. With French, Foreman, and then Gordon the following year, my guess is that we're looking for someone a few inches taller, a true post player.

Recent interest:

Ralph Bissainthe - 6-6 SF from McArthur HS in North Miami, FL. Late bloomer without any offers but rising interest. With a breakout season, could see some offers start to roll in.

I think we have a few more names in the tank for the spring but I haven't been able to confirm them yet. If I had to bet, the players we end up signing in the spring aren't on this list.

1 hour ago, CGMAN618 said:

I will.  Honestly the whole hot seat thing is more a media deal than anything, and rival coaches are saying it as well.  Groce seat may be warm but it is not hot at the moment.  The incoming class has pretty much assured Groce job another couple years.   It has been pretty well accepted on loyalty board.  Now, barring a meltdown of epic proportions this season, he is safe for the time being.  I do believe though, that if there is a complete failure this season, Groce could get canned but with the new AD we have I have full confidence he will make a homerun hire.  Someone good enough to convince the incoming commits to stay.  Look what he did with the football hire

-I guess the AD and the big time donors let their thoughts be known on that board and to the duo of Roy and Harv 

Was I wrong by thinking that Tilmon would not pick SLU because of the offer to Teshaun Hightower this week? 

I figured coach Ford figured that out and moved on. 

I am hoping that one of the guards  in Pistol's post chooses SLU.

5 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Can't grab a screenshot but Roy said on twitter (in reply to the DJ) that, he and the DJ were" BIG REASONS why" TIlmon picked U of I. I don't know whether to laugh or notify the NCAA. 

Which is really is just super crazy because Tilmon stated that he didn't appreciate the people who implied that there was shadiness at anytime in his recruitment.  But Roy and the DJ who led the charge with the shadiness accusations want to take credit for him signing with the Illini. 

33 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Which is really is just super crazy because Tilmon stated that he didn't appreciate the people who implied that there was shadiness at anytime in his recruitment.  But Roy and the DJ who led the charge with the shadiness accusations want to take credit for him signing with the Illini. 

^^ They are a large part of why he almost didn't sign with Illinoi$. I want to tell them that but they both have me blocked. How can you spread all of this incorrect and invalidated information and then block people who call you on your bs. And then to consider yourself an insider and the reason he signed. Biggest jokes of all time. 

Now with Missouri being irrelevant, we need to press for a home and home against Illinoise. Let Tilmon and Picket play in front of their friends at STL.  Let's see how Tilmon fairs against Foreman, and Pickett against Goodwin.  Likely Groce won't be around, so maybe our 2017 new Assistant Coach, Jamal Walker, can have a reunion with Tilmon.

19 minutes ago, slusam said:

Missouri just gave Xavier all they could handle. Lost by one in OT. Frankie Hughes is a stud. They will be better than people think.

I believe Mizzou played them close last year as well. We all know how that season turned out. Also, I think X was missing their best player today. I could be wrong though...

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I believe Mizzou played them close last year as well. We all know how that season turned out. Also, I think X was missing their best player today. I could be wrong though...

Yeah, Xavier was without Myles Davis and Kaiser Gates. This is Xavier's second close game.

12 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

14 point loss I think

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I guess the AD and the big time donors let their thoughts be known on that board and to the duo of Roy and Harv 

No, I highly doubt the AD let's his thoughts known to anybody.   Neither do the big time donors.   But there are a number of donors and other people that are connected to the program that do.  I'm just saying what some of the trusted posters that I know have said.  You can take it how you want.   But Whitman has backed groce continually and there is no way Groce would have landed a top 15 class without assurances that he would be there to coach them.  Like I said before, it could happen in the wake of a horrible season, not saying it won't but it's highly unlikely at this point