Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding recruiting for 2017, I think we should keep in mind the possibility of a graduate transfer coming in for next season.  Our situation would almost certainly be attractive for a player looking for playing time on a team that will hopefully be contending for a Tourney spot.  A PG or C would be ideal.

11 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Regarding recruiting for 2017, I think we should keep in mind the possibility of a graduate transfer coming in for next season.  Our situation would almost certainly be attractive for a player looking for playing time on a team that will hopefully be contending for a Tourney spot.  A PG or C would be ideal.

Graduate transfer point guard would be great.

Hasahn French's (@Hasahn22) stat line at #NPS 15-19 from 2, 1-2 from 3, 33 points, 21 rebounds, 8 blocks, 2 assists

What I like is the 1 of 2 from 3. He is shooting from the line.  If he is legit from the three, that opens up a lot of possibilities.  Yes, no one plays defense in HS, but this is a good line.

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Hasahn French's (@Hasahn22) stat line at #NPS 15-19 from 2, 1-2 from 3, 33 points, 21 rebounds, 8 blocks, 2 assists

What I like is the 1 of 2 from 3. He is shooting from the line.  If he is legit from the three, that opens up a lot of possibilities.  Yes, no one plays defense in HS, but this is a good line.

Scoring 33 points in a HS game is impressive no matter what. He wants Mr. Basketball and I love it.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

He scored 33 without a foul shot?

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but one of the things you have to like about the recruits we have lined up is that they have qualities that Majerus would love. Kids like Goodwin, French, and Gordon are big time competitors and tough kids with fairly well rounded skill sets. Obviously all of these kids have things to improve on, but you have to love the winning traits that they bring with them (in addition to being really high level recruits we have seldom seen at SLU). Landing kids like this also reduces some of the concerns with regards to coaching. 

9 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but one of the things you have to like about the recruits we have lined up is that they have qualities that Majerus would love. Kids like Goodwin, French, and Gordon are big time competitors and tough kids with fairly well rounded skill sets. Obviously all of these kids have things to improve on, but you have to love the winning traits that they bring with them (in addition to being really high level recruits we have seldom seen at SLU). Landing kids like this also reduces some of the concerns with regards to coaching. 

I'm pretty sure Majerus would love how Goodwin, French and Gordon rebound. It'll be strange fielding a team that is bigger and stronger than the opposition. Has SLU ever had that before aside from Bonner?

Without having seen the box score, did he not make a FT or not attempt a FT?

I've said it before, but the downside on French - who is otherwise a beast and we're going to love him - is that he's a bad FT shooter.

Not every school on the prep school circuit is a good team. Judging by repeated occurrences of our guy galloping to the hoop while the other team stood around and watched, the defense was sorely lacking. They weren't even close enough to Hasahn to foul.

The prep school showcases worth watching are still at least 2 weeks away.