Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it the more I think we have a great shot of getting JT, Think about the positives. He will probably only play 1 yr of college ball, so why not play for his Dad's school, where his parents can come see him play all home games and where CC can help him develop his small forward skills. We got a lot going for us in the quest for JT.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first 2016 list. Let me know what other names to add. As always, updates on all names are appreciated.

2016 Offer List

Nai Carlisle: West Lafayette, West Lafayette, IN - PG: 6-0, 185. Offers: SLU. Interest: Xavier, Butler, Notre Dame, Purdue, Northwestern, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Western Michigan. Latest (9/9): Carlisle's sole offer is from SLU at this point, but Purdue visited him immediately upon the fall 2014 recruiting period opening. He played extremely well at the Purdue Elite Camp in August and had a strong summer with the Indiana Elite AAU team. He has taken unofficial visits to Purdue and Xavier. Of SLU, Carlisle says: "The coaches liked me and I liked them, and it was a good experience. I liked the head coach a lot. He was real truthful, and he's a good basketball coach." His father, Duane, is Purdue's Director of Sports Performance. His older brother Amir is a running back at Notre Dame.

Jayson Tatum: Chaminade, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-6, 180. Offers: SLU, Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, Mizzou, North Carolina, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Illinois, Marquette, Memphis. Latest (9/9): Tatum is one of the premier recruits in the class of 2016. As the fall 2014 recruiting period opens, Mizzou, Illinois, Marquette, and Kansas have said they will be visiting him. He led the St. Louis Eagles 16U team to championships at the Swish 'N Dish (Wisconsin) and Summer Jam (Chicago) Tournaments, picking up an MVP award in the process. He is 6-7 with a complete skill set for his age - he often brings the ball up at Chaminade - and said to still be growing. Twitter: @Im_that_dude22

2016 Interest List

Jordan Barnes: CBC, St. Louis, MO - PG: 5-11, 140. Offers: SIUE. Interest: SLU. Latest (9/9): Barnes was bumped up a level to the 16U St. Louis Eagles AAU team this July. Earl Austin, Jr. calls him a good ball handler and outside shooter. Twitter: @JBtoocold

Tyler Cook: Chaminade, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-8, 240. Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Kansas, Purdue. Latest (9/9): Cook says he is hearing from SLU, Kansas, and Purdue early in the process. Cook had a very strong summer with the St. Louis Eagles 15U team, winning a tournament in Dallas. He was then moved up to the 16U team and won the Chicago Summer Jam with fellow CCP sophomore Jayson Tatum. Earl Austin, Jr. calls him a strong inside player with a variety of post moves. Cook is billed as a solid finisher who shoots a high percentage and rebounds forcefully at both ends. He eats up a lot of space and is highly active. Twitter: @KingCook_25

Will Gladson: Chaminade, St. Louis, MO - PF: 6-7, 185. Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Kansas, Illinois, Purdue, UNC. Latest (9/9): Gladson has been to games at SLU, Kansas, and Illinois. He had an injury scare this summer at the KU Team Camp, where he was thought to have torn an ACL. It turned out to be a knee sprain that kept him out 6-8 weeks. Gladson is a skilled big man with good post moves and a consistent jumper. He's also a deft passer for his size and is developing as a shot blocker. Twitter: @WILL_to_win_11

Brendon Gooch: Althoff, Belleville, IL - SF: 6-4, 160. Offers: SIUE. Interest: SLU, Purdue, Illinois, SIUC, Missouri State, Indiana State. Latest (9/9): Gooch is considered one of the best 2016 prospects in Illinois. He is a smooth player with good handles and a consistently improving jump shot. He rebounds his position well. He played at the Purdue Elite Camp in August. SIUE was his first offer, but many are watching him closely. Twitter: @Im_That_Dude35

Jerry Myles: Sunrise Christian, Wichita, KS - SG: 6-5, 180. Offers: Creighton, Iowa, Nebraska, Iowa State. Interest: SLU, Kansas, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northern Iowa. Latest (9/9): Myles transferred from Davenport West (IA) to Sunrise Christian in Kansas. He was considered by some to be the best Iowa prospect in a while and played well on the AAU circuit this summer, including the Super Sophomore Camp.

Someone should start a twitter account using @im_that_slu_tatum22_fan. Someone refresh my memory: wasn't Larry Hughes's number at SLU 22?

Whoever starts* this account should be EXTREMELY CAREFUL to not actually tweet at any recruits. It is an explicit NCAA violation.

If some fan getting a little too anxious mucked up recruiting efforts I'd be more than a little pissed off.

Edit: I thought someone had created such an account.

Whoever starts* this account should be EXTREMELY CAREFUL to not actually tweet at any recruits. It is an explicit NCAA violation.

If some fan getting a little too anxious mucked up recruiting efforts I'd be more than a little pissed off.

Wow. Then maybe some *ahem* clever SLU fan should create accounts replacing "SLU" with the names of every rival recruiting him and tweet him. How would the NCAA know it wasn't a fan from those other schools?

(I would never do or condone such a practice!)

Not saying I disagree, but that would be extremely hard to enforce. We've seen women basically offering themselves to potential recruits on twitter with, as far as I know, no repercussions.

What would stop, say, a Dookie fan from making an account and tweeting at Recruit X "UNC needs you. You will run this campus, dawg. You can have anything you want from anyone...". You get the picture. It would be nearly impossible to enforce. With that said, we should let Crews and co. do the recruiting.

Edit: Haha THicks, we just had the same thought at almost the same time.

Not saying I disagree, but that would be extremely hard to enforce. We've seen women basically offering themselves to potential recruits on twitter with, as far as I know, no repercussions.

What would stop, say, a Dookie fan from making an account and tweeting at Recruit X "UNC needs you. You will run this campus, dawg. You can have anything you want from anyone...". You get the picture. It would be nearly impossible to enforce. With that said, we should let Crews and co. do the recruiting.

Yes, it appears great minds think alike.

Yea, I don't really follow how tweeting at a player to come to such-and-such school is a violation. I bet they get dozens of tweets like that. I also will take full credit for tweeting at TL and being the deciding factor in his decision to attend our beautiful university. (If this post is incriminating evidence as to such, mods please delete.)

Wow. Then maybe some *ahem* clever SLU fan should create accounts replacing "SLU" with the names of every rival recruiting him and tweet him. How would the NCAA know it wasn't a fan from those other schools?

(I would never do or condone such a practice!)

Baylor was handed down multiple sanctions for fans/boosters tweeting at recruits. I didn't say don't do it, it is impossible, I just said be careful.

Baylor was handed down multiple sanctions for fans/boosters tweeting at recruits. I didn't say don't do it, it is impossible, I just said be careful.

You got a link to an article saying that Baylor received punishment for fans/boosters tweeting at recruits? I don't believe it and just did a quick google search that turned up nothing on that.

You got a link to an article saying that Baylor received punishment for fans/boosters tweeting at recruits? I don't believe it and just did a quick google search that turned up nothing on that.

pre-ejac post. Nice work, gumshoe.