Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have a Jolly - John Manning.

You seriously think that low of Manning to compare him to an average high school player? I think a few of us MBMs could average eight points a high school contest if we were 6'10+ or whatever Jolly is. Manning was at least a good high school player. I'm not even sure this Jolly kid is worth a D1 offer from SIUE or UMKC. Why waste a schollie on him?

Jolly definitely go to prep school to allow him time to grow into his feet. Cory is somewhat athletic and RM oft lamented him not having another year of maturation

Davola says "Lose the t-shirt, Reggie."

Ha! It worked for CR for awhile..he then decided to put the stupid thing back on and it was all downhill again. If Agbeko gets on backhands program he could lose it his freshman year..dude already looks solid.

The thing that worries me about Randy Onwausor is that the longer he waits it gives the "BCS" programs an opportunity to come in late and offer him. Lets hope we can get him signed because I think hes going to be a very good player

The thing that worries me about Randy Onwausor is that the longer he waits it gives the "BCS" programs an opportunity to come in late and offer him. Lets hope we can get him signed because I think hes going to be a very good player

Agreed. I think Pitt is expressing interest in him now. You have to think other power conference teams are going to start sniffing around, especially if they have a late hole to fill (i.e transfer, early draft entry.)

You seriously think that low of Manning to compare him to an average high school player? I think a few of us MBMs could average eight points a high school contest if we were 6'10+ or whatever Jolly is. Manning was at least a good high school player. I'm not even sure this Jolly kid is worth a D1 offer from SIUE or UMKC. Why waste a schollie on him?

I'm getting ###### sick of these bull**** shots at Manning. Crawl back into your little hole in Peoria.

- Click on your username in the top right corner

- Click Manage Ignore Prefs

- Type in "Bobby Metzinger"

- Click "Save Changes"

Agreed. I think Pitt is expressing interest in him now. You have to think other power conference teams are going to start sniffing around, especially if they have a late hole to fill (i.e transfer, early draft entry.)

So, is Pitt going after both the Nova transfer and RO? SOB's.

So, is Pitt going after both the Nova transfer and RO? SOB's.

it sucks, but i suspect a lot of schools are paying attention to who we recruit these days, since so many of their 10* LOCK players don't seem to deliver actual wins as much as our smart, hard-working, WINNING 2 and 3 * players. everybody knows about the guys putting their chins on the rim, it's the other 10 guys you need to fill out your roster that make the difference.

The little bits I could scrape together today:

-Daishon Knight has taken 2 visits and is heading out on another one today.

-Jordan Strawberry is playing in an all-star game this weekend. He says he's "committing in like a week, not 100% sure, so taking a couple visits."

-Hakim Saintil is "about to go get tatted up this weekend."

-Brett Jolly really enjoyed his SLU visit. Thrilled to practice with them and go out on the field for the first pitch. One Tweet said: "Its an official bball visit .... Could possibly be playin for em next year!"

-Ben tweeted that "a new school is in the mix" for Randy Onwuasor. Randy retweeted that, and then his next two were retweets:

Steven Curran @SP_Curran 11h

Hoping we can get @RandyO_25 #SLU #RiseOfTheBillikens Building a big time team here! #OnwuasorasRex

Lance Feldmann @fer_de_LANCE11 11h

@sp_curran just got a rt from randy onwuasor the soon to be star of the #STL #BILLIKENS

-Jordan Strawberry is playing in an all-star game this weekend. He says he's "committing in like a week, not 100% sure, so taking a couple visits."

-Brett Jolly really enjoyed his SLU visit. Thrilled to practice with them and go out on the field for the first pitch. One Tweet said: "Its an official bball visit .... Could possibly be playin for em next year!"

-Ben tweeted that "a new school is in the mix" for Randy Onwuasor. Randy retweeted that, and then his next two were retweets:

Steven Curran @SP_Curran 11h

Hoping we can get @RandyO_25 #SLU #RiseOfTheBillikens Building a big time team here! #OnwuasorasRex

Lance Feldmann @fer_de_LANCE11 11h

@sp_curran just got a rt from randy onwuasor the soon to be star of the #STL #BILLIKENS

Haha ^ those guys are my roommates. Big time tools. Converted them to Bills fans though.

Steven Curran ‏@SP_Curran 11h

Lance Feldmann ‏@fer_de_LANCE11 11h

must get, now.

I'm getting ###### sick of these bull**** shots at Manning. Crawl back into your little hole in Peoria.

I'll do that if you crawl back into John's hole, since you obviously worship the ground he walks on. Nowhere in that post was there a "bull****" shot on John Manning. If you can find me one, let me know.

I'll do that if you crawl back into John's hole, since you obviously worship the ground he walks on. Nowhere in that post was there a "bull****" shot on John Manning. If you can find me one, let me know.

Well, you basically called him a complete f'ing stiff. That's a b.s. shot as are the many other digs you take at him. You're an idiot, which has been proven many times over on this board.

JM may not live up to the "NBA potential" quote given by RM, but he has a decent skill set. I suspect we're going to be very happy with JM over the next two years. Christ, it's like some of you don't remember Ian's first 2 years here. Or heck, even Heinrich's.

Well, you basically called him a complete f'ing stiff. That's a b.s. shot as are the many other digs you take at him. You're an idiot, which has been proven many times over on this board.

JM may not live up to the "NBA potential" quote given by RM, but he has a decent skill set. I suspect we're going to be very happy with JM over the next two years. Christ, it's like some of you don't remember Ian's first 2 years here. Or heck, even Heinrich's.

Thanks, buddy. So I'm the only one who can't be cynical in this house of cynics? I gotcha. Also, if I call you an "idiot," I get banned. But you have the green light to do so? Very interesting set of moderators on here. And let me just say that we've all watched the kid play. What makes you think there is going to be any sort of improvement in his overall body of work? Did you watch the Richmond game? I hope he gets better, but for God sake, he's going to be a junior in college. Time is a tickin'. He could be a valuable guy on the practice squad/scout team, but his hesitation on the basketball court makes me wonder.

You're right, no one said Ian was "NBA material" and he did struggle his first two years at the U, but I guess when we heard Rick say that, we all got our hopes up. Expectations are a *****.

I don't really agree with how he said it.but I generally agree with metz.

if manning doesn't make aleap this yearin play I would be disappointed in our recruitment and development of him. And from everything I've seen I don't expect much of an improvement. You may differ on your opinion but none actually knows how next year will go. I certainly hope I'm wrong.