Recruiting - 2013

heres the bang, if we get sir randy onwuasor, does he become a PG, or more of a 2 guard, I know we use a 3 man rotation for 1-2 guards, but will that always be the case? I just read two articles from SOCAL that mentioned how he could be a shooting guard at the next level, ( 6'3, 6'4) but man talk about mis matches that a physical 6'4 PG can make..

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heres the bang, if we get sir randy onwuasor, does he become a PG, or more of a 2 guard, I know we use a 3 man rotation for 1-2 guards, but will that always be the case? I just read two articles from SOCAL that mentioned how he could be a shooting guard at the next level, ( 6'3, 6'4) but man talk about mis matches that a physical 6'4 PG can make..

I hope Reggie and Randy sign this week. Then next week we can lock up the Nova transfer or Djambo.

Onwuasor would be a heck of an asset - a 6'3 PG.

I read something where he said he sees himself as more of a PG.

I would love to see us w/ a 6'3" pg. The big PGs we played this year gave us fits. I tried to find some info on Strawberry, but pretty much came up w/ nothing. However, he was the captain on Mater Dei's state championship team, and his bother Darrrrrryl Jr. played for Maryland. Saw a little video on him and he looks good. Smallish at 5'11.

I hope Reggie and Randy sign this week. Then next week we can lock up the Nova transfer or Djambo.

Onwuasor would be a heck of an asset - a 6'3 PG.

I pray but at the same time I am confident this is what we will see happen.

he doesnt read billikens.com. or at least admit to it. he barely know what basketball is are that there is a saint louis university. i guarantee you he doesnt spell out "saint".

Not spelling it out is almost as bad as not capitalizing the "S."

I would love to see us w/ a 6'3" pg. The big PGs we played this year gave us fits. I tried to find some info on Strawberry, but pretty much came up w/ nothing. However, he was the captain on Mater Dei's state championship team, and his bother Darrrrrryl Jr. played for Maryland. Saw a little video on him and he looks good. Smallish at 5'11.

I watched the state championship game and I was not impressed by Strawberry. I believe Onwausor would be a bigger prize recruit if he is as good as some say he is. A good, tall guard can only help our team.

I didn't realize that Jordan Strawberry was Darryl's younger son. Darryl lives somewhere in the area out near DirtyRican, which probably explains why his kid wants to go to SLU.

Maybe he should be a preferred walk on the first year and get a scholarship the second.

I watched the state championship game and I was not impressed by Strawberry. I believe Onwausor would be a bigger prize recruit if he is as good as some say he is. A good, tall guard can only help our team.

I really couldn't find out anything about him, ie stats, stars, other schools. Figured if he was the captain of Mater Dei, he can't suck, however. I too would rather have a 6'3" pg than a 5'11 guy. And Onwausor looked pretty good in his vids.

I didn't realize that Jordan Strawberry was Darryl's younger son. Darryl lives somewhere in the area out near DirtyRican, which probably explains why his kid wants to go to SLU.

Didn't the kid play for Mater Dei out in the LA area? I looked him up and they said he was the captain of their state championship team this year.

Didn't the kid play for Mater Dei out in the LA area? I looked him up and they said he was the captain of their state championship team this year.

Yes, and Mater Dei is always a sports powerhouse. I expect his grades are decent as well, as its a pretty good Catholic school. My guess his mom and that family lives out in LA, while his dad remarried and moved to STL where his new wife is from.

Strawberry's father got lots of publicity when he moved to the area helping people with addiction problems or some such charities.

The media really gave him lots of time. If he and his son were part of SLU basketball it could help us with the local sports community.

All of the answers to these questions are in this thread. Or on Google. Tried to make it easy for you.

Yes, he is Darryl Strawberry's son. Yes, he was the starting PG on Mater Dei's state championship team for the past three seasons.

All of the answers to these questions are in this thread. Or on Google. Tried to make it easy for you.

Yes, he is Darryl Strawberry's son. Yes, he was the starting PG on Mater Dei's state championship team for the past three seasons.

Did you know that Darryl Strawberry now lives in St. Charles County?