Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be a third person the Bills could try out, knows basketball, announcers voice, can remember players names.

The sub they had for Guy when he opted for the tigers instead of us has too soft voice otherwise an improvement

i have been told that gus thinks he doesnt make the mistakes he makes and takes great offense to any suggestion to the contrary. the man is horrible at the job. always has been and always will be with that attitude. unfortunately the fact he has remained as our PA guy for 20 years now tells me he isnt going away. we just have to live with the fact that we have the most inept PA guy in the nation.

i have been told that gus thinks he doesnt make the mistakes he makes and takes great offense to any suggestion to the contrary. the man is horrible at the job. always has been and always will be with that attitude. unfortunately the fact he has remained as our PA guy for 20 years now tells me he isnt going away. we just have to live with the fact that we have the most inept PA guy in the nation.

yes, but I do feel that SLU has taken the right approach as to send a message to guy, by recruiting and signing these names.

yes, but I do feel that SLU has taken the right approach as to send a message to guy, by recruiting and signing these names.

But then again, he's struggled with Dwayne ("Dwight") Evans more than any other player I can think of. Perhaps the key is to present Guy with names that are similar to those of former baseball players. This is where the Strawberry kid comes into play. Guy would spend four years calling him "Darryl."

Maybe there are recruits out there with names like Ron Mattingly and Brian Sandberg.

Texas (basketball and football) always has a bunch of guys like

Myck Kabongo

Miles Onyegbule

Alexis Wangmene

Martin Egwuagu*

Chris Ogbonnaya

Just some good solid names there. Hook 'em, Guy Phillips 66 corrections a game.

jesus. i was at a leadership conference in DC when i was in high school, and i was debating with this clown whose only argument/technique was to ask me a question, then badger me REPEATEDLY with the same question while i was answering it, literally talking over me during my turn to speak. i heard a gasp halfway through, and when it was done all my teammates were high-fiving me and saying "oh man, i can't believe you said that to that guy!!!" i had no idea that i'd proffered anything but a reply to his question. apparently i just yelled at him "SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUOK UP." obviously not the most professional. none of the moderators said anything to me, though, maybe they were thinking the same thing.

moral of the story is, that in the heat of the moment, i'm sure GUS has no idea that he's absolutely terrible at his job.

Gus needs to be told if he wants to be the SLU PA guy no more "Braggin" Rights announcing if SLU has a home game the same night! You can't have it both ways.

No, no. I like it when he's not there. I wish he'd find someone else to hire him more often. I wish he'd find work in Idaho.

First, prayers to the families of the dead and injured in Boston. Another senseless act of violence.

JC was reported to have said there would be two signings/commitments this week. I'm assuming RA (Reggie) is one of them. Any idea who the other one is? The kid from CA, Santili, or the transfer from Nova. I hope it's not the kid from TX, as he didn't strike me as even a potential D1 player. Not great stats, not great quickness, looked reed thin. Granted, kids develop differently, but the video on him indicated a great deal of work would be required.

First, prayers to the families of the dead and injured in Boston. Another senseless act of violence.

JC was reported to have said there would be two signings/commitments this week. I'm assuming RA (Reggie) is one of them. Any idea who the other one is? The kid from CA, Santili, or the transfer from Nova. I hope it's not the kid from TX, as he didn't strike me as even a potential D1 player. Not great stats, not great quickness, looked reed thin. Granted, kids develop differently, but the video on him indicated a great deal of work would be required.

Ibrahim Djambo is a possibility (although he previously stated that he would pick a school on 4/30 and has yet to visit SLU). Also, the Strawberry kid is coming (has come?) in for a visit. Daishon Knight is listed as having "high" interest in us on verbalcommits.com. I might still be missing someone, but I believe that sums up everyone on the radar.

Like I said early, just based on strawberrys twitter, it seems like its a 10000000% chance he commits with slu. I have never seen someone so excited over a visit, and its not like he has any other good schools

But he's from the same high school as everyone's favorite NFL clipboard holder!!!

chase-daniel2.jpg

he doesnt read billikens.com. or at least admit to it. he barely know what basketball is are that there is a saint louis university. i guarantee you he doesnt spell out "saint".