Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since both schools are so similar in so many ways, someone sell me on SLU over X given that SLU is still in the A-10 and X is in the Big East

Our coach doesn't do copycat viral videos to the worst song EVER.

Since both schools are so similar in so many ways, someone sell me on SLU over X given that SLU is still in the A-10 and X is in the Big East

It will be tough, especially since he's from Louisville. His family would be just a short drive away.

On the other hand, remember how ugly Xavier's cheerleaders were?

It will be tough, especially since he's from Louisville. His family would be just a short drive away.

On the other hand, remember how ugly Xavier's cheerleaders were?

I am sure they kept them away from him. You are right they were not easy on the eye!

1) he is a shooting guard right? Semaj Christian is a shooting guard in his class right (after he sits out a year)? Seems like playing time opportunities could be a major selling point.

2) he is choosing to leave the best basketball conference around and 2 of his 3 potential schools are not in power conferences. Maybe conference affiliation is not the end all be all for him.

3) I'm fairly certain we tell all our recruits there is a very good chance we'll be in the big east soon. The a-10 is not a permanent factor.

4) how did we land Reggie over Oklahoma and tanner over k-state given they are in better conferences?

Hey Bonwich, Nigeria is a very large country with over 50 million people. If some of them are heavy into cons and stealing, well so we can find many such people right here in the US. The fact that they have scams like the ones you talked about going on has absolutely nothing to do with the majority of their people which are decent and trying to make a living and raise their families. There are competent athletes in Nigeria as there are in the rest of Africa. If we can benefit from getting information about these competent and proficient athletes who are currently in the US trying to get to play for NCAA schools, much the better. Please do not put down a whole country or a whole continent because there are thugs in there, there are thugs everywhere.

This is some funny $hit. If I find the guy that owes me $12 mil there's going to be an ass whipping. I held up my end of the bargain and now I can't find the son of a *****. I'm glad we're bringing these guys in. Eventually some school will bring in a family member of the guy I'm looking for. I'll find that mother foucker someday.

Well stated Shoe.

I did not mean to imply that I think it is a no-brainer that a kid would choose X over SLU. I simply meant that when comparing the two schools (midwestern, Jesuit, new facilites, similar acedemic ranking) it just seems that the conference affiliation difference would be hard to overcome.

Remy will choose whatever he decides is best for him. Check his tweets in Verbal Commits, this is the man that proudly posts "prayer is my addiction." This is a man that has chosen three catholic schools as his choices after transferring from Indiana. He wants to play basketball at a high level, however religion is important to him. I do not think he will go after the cheerleader's looks at Xavier or anywhere else for that matter.

Remy will choose whatever he decides is best for him. Check his tweets in Verbal Commits, this is the man that proudly posts "prayer is my addiction." This is a man that has chosen three catholic schools as his choices after transferring from Indiana. He wants to play basketball at a high level, however religion is important to him. I do not think he will go after the cheerleader's looks at Xavier or anywhere else for that matter.

Well, then instead of taking him to Pappy's, let's hold a high mass in his honor and toss in a couple of novenas to really seal the deal.

This is some funny $hit. If I find the guy that owes me $12 mil there's going to be an ass whipping. I held up my end of the bargain and now I can't find the son of a *****. I'm glad we're bringing these guys in. Eventually some school will bring in a family member of the guy I'm looking for. I'll find that mother foucker someday.

You should meet the sunuvabitch in the parking lot of the Office Depot in Lagos.

Just because you're religious doesn't mean you can't be attracted to Cheerleaders. St. Thomas teaches us that beauty is id quod visum placet, "that which pleases upon being seen." It is a delight for the soul. I didn't get that C+ in Thomism for nothing.

Just because you're religious doesn't mean you can't be attracted to Cheerleaders. St. Thomas teaches us that beauty is id quod visum placet, "that which pleases upon being seen." It is a delight for the soul. I didn't get that C+ in Thomism for nothing.

With Dr. Blackwell?

BilliKitty, my thoughts exactly. The SLU church is absolutely a work of art, something worth being seen, and certainly much prettier than the one in U. Dayton. I have never seen what Xavier or St. Mary's churches look like. He may be interested in how open the team and the system is to the way he practices religion, as well as how much he can further his beliefs wherever he chooses to go. I have the feeling Indiana was not the place for this as far as he was concerned. However, this is pure speculation on my side, I really do not know.

With Dr. Blackwell?

Don't recall it's been a while. Portly white guy, glasses, one of the leading experts on St. Thomas?