Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the last day of the semester at SLU, so if anyone is transfering out (or being shown the door, as some have suggested), we will know very soon.

Not trying to change the topic but I think this is info that should come here. There is a wealth of information on African basketball players currently graduating from HS / prep school in the US and seeking placement at college teams, particularly high level teams. The Team Nigeria site lists about two dozen of these, all members of Nigeria's national teams (inter African play and well as internally in Nigeria), Randy Onwuassur is one of these. Reggie Agbeko is from Ghana, again featured in Team Ghana or Ghana basketball, cannot recall which. These are really high quality players with LOTS more experience than HS school play may suggest to any of us. The Nigerians are being snatched by places like Duke and Syracuse. I think we really have to consider these candidates as better qualified than the normal HS graduate level would suggest, probably also older and more mature in experience. Please feel free to check the net, it is interesting.

Today is the last day of the semester at SLU, so if anyone is transfering out (or being shown the door, as some have suggested), we will know very soon.

Obviously we've seen crazy things in the past, but I can't see anyone leaving. I can't see any of the rising seniors leaving (McCall, Jett, Evans, Loe, or Barnett). I can't see Glaze leaving as he was a starter and seems really happy. McBroom just transferred to SLU so he's not going anywhere. Drew is coming off a red-shirt year and while we've seen it before with Tselentakis leaving, I don't see him going anywhere. I suppose Manning would be the most likely, but he got decent minutes last year when healthy and has to expect more minutes with Remekun and Ellis graduating. Further evidence Manning is not going anywhere is the fact that he was one of the guys showing Jesperson around on his visit.

Obviously we've seen crazy things in the past, but I can't see anyone leaving. I can't see any of the rising seniors leaving (McCall, Jett, Evans, Loe, or Barnett). I can't see Glaze leaving as he was a starter and seems really happy. McBroom just transferred to SLU so he's not going anywhere. Drew is coming off a red-shirt year and while we've seen it before with Tselentakis leaving, I don't see him going anywhere. I suppose Manning would be the most likely, but he got decent minutes last year when healthy and has to expect more minutes with Remekun and Ellis graduating. Further evidence Manning is not going anywhere is the fact that he was one of the guys showing Jesperson around on his visit.

I agree with every word of this. I was just making an observation that if the unforeseen happens and someone leaves, it will be in the next few days.

Agreed. I don't see anyone on the roster leaving at this point.

Nobody is leaving. I don't know how or why these things even get started.

I agree. It seems crazy to speculate based upon nothing!

If anyone is even possible it would probably be Drew only because he has never played a game but why even talk about it when we have no information.

I agree. It seems crazy to speculate based upon nothing!

If anyone is even possible it would probably be Drew only because he has never played a game but why even talk about it when we have no information.

First paragraph: Offers that it is crazy and pointless to speculate based on nothing.

Second paragraph: Offers though if anyone were to transfer it could be JD based on....

Oy.

Not trying to change the topic but I think this is info that should come here. There is a wealth of information on African basketball players currently graduating from HS / prep school in the US and seeking placement at college teams, particularly high level teams. The Team Nigeria site lists about two dozen of these, all members of Nigeria's national teams (inter African play and well as internally in Nigeria), Randy Onwuassur is one of these. Reggie Agbeko is from Ghana, again featured in Team Ghana or Ghana basketball, cannot recall which. These are really high quality players with LOTS more experience than HS school play may suggest to any of us. The Nigerians are being snatched by places like Duke and Syracuse. I think we really have to consider these candidates as better qualified than the normal HS graduate level would suggest, probably also older and more mature in experience. Please feel free to check the net, it is interesting.

links please, does sound interesting.

links please, does sound interestin

http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/tnb-interview-randy-onwuasor/

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=148150

Do not stop at this page check what team Nigeria says about their players seeking slots in the NCAA, I am sorry to say I have not checked the Ghana Web to the same length I have the Team Nigeria site. There is a lot of information in there about players and where they go. Team Nigeria even has an NCAA tab in its web site.

And Team Nigeria also has a tab where you can submit your SS# to claim thousands of American dollars owed to you.

Yeah, I know. I'm still waiting on my money...

We could use a player like Drew with 4 years of eligibility. He has nice stroke. Can jump, dunk, looks pretty quick. In 3-4 years he should gain up to 15 pounds or more. All we have seen is warm ups but he seems like more than a body. Tselentakis was hurt his redshirt year wearing a cast and did not get a chance to practice with the team like Drew. I doubt JB could guard Drew because of speed differences.

No one is going to leave a team bound for its third great season in a row. To say Manning is leaving is pretty ridiculous he has skills with both hands and if we get true point guards they will pass to his upper body. Loe is fairly athletic for a seven footer and quite a few times he looked awkward trying to scoop errant low passes. As a player I liked KM but he was a shoot first guard when he came to SLU. RM converted him to run the team.

Speaking of RM he went to Australia rather than Africa because he believed African nationals grew up in a soccer environment and had good feet but were behind in upper body strength. RA seems atypical to that body style however, seems built almost top heavy like JJ