Top 144

8 hours ago, bauman said:

Roy, I agree with your point about AD starting.  It depends on how TF want to play, but I see AD as starting ahead of one of the three projected starters not named Foreman or Goodwin

My two cents says that Coach starts his best team, which may not be the MBM consensus top five ballers.  I think initially we will see a large number of combinations.  We have maybe half a dozen players who could average 10+ ppg.  It won't happen, but the depth is there.

Coach has said this is a very physical team.  Unfortunately the Zebras may translate that as a foul prone team.  Hence, a large amount of subs will be used.  Also, if you don't defend, you will be sitting next to Coach Tate.  You may have the best shooting % on the team, but if you don't defend, we have someone on the bench who will both defend and score.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

time to come clean.... #58 was a pure guess, but a guess based on my own personal opinion of where I think the team stands.... obviously at least one person in this world agrees with me. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little disappointed, because I thought being left out -- and if that would represent the national consensus (which is a stretch) -- might motivate the team just a little bit more.  No, they shouldn't need that for motivation, but I'm sure it comes into play.  That us-against-the-world sentiment has occasionally propelled teams or competitors much further than anyone thought they could go.

Even so, #58 isn't exactly glowing praise.  That's NIT; it takes top 36 for an A-10 team to feel good about an at-large bid.

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I had to teach my highschooler cursive.  He couldn't print fast enough and was failing tests as a result.  It's not a waste of time.  It's still damned necessary.   

Glad it was helpful for him. Personally I can't recall a single time in the past 10 years I've used cursive. 

3 minutes ago, NH said:

Glad it was helpful for him. Personally I can't recall a single time in the past 10 years I've used cursive. 

I use cursive exclusively for signing my name and for writing the numbers of the amount of checks (not the payee), and its even less legible than my hand printing, which tends to be small and challenging for others to read.

A year ago I tried practicing signing my artistic name -- for my website -- and it was nearly excruciating.  I had to refer to a library book!  But I'm pushing 50, so at least I learned it in elementary school; I imagine today's youth get a cursory lesson on it and then move on.

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think ESPN is the only major site to have him in the top 100.

I didnt mean to say sites, should have said people. I Cant remember who it was that french retweeted but it was a big name in the CBB world who had him in the 60s or 70s

5 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

time to come clean.... #58 was a pure guess, but a guess based on my own personal opinion of where I think the team stands.... obviously at least one person in this world agrees with me. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not buying it. "It's almost like I know someone".

15 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

A great call NYB.....Even if it was a guess...to predict the exact prediction of the predictor is an amazing thing.  You not only have the randomness of the team's rank but the randomness of the prognosticator.  Now what would be even more amazing is to predict the Bills ranking at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

A great call NYB.....Even if it was a guess...to predict the exact prediction of the predictor is an amazing thing.  You not only have the randomness of the team's rank but the randomness of the prognosticator.  Now what would be even more amazing is to predict the Bills ranking at the end of the season.

Well, given his Top 144 prediction, clearly he should put them in the Final Four. ;)

21 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I use cursive exclusively for signing my name and for writing the numbers of the amount of checks (not the payee), and its even less legible than my hand printing, which tends to be small and challenging for others to read.

Wait a minute--how exactly do you write numbers in cursive? I must have skipped that day in 2nd grade.

5 minutes ago, kshoe said:

1,350,213 equals: One million, three hundred and fifty thousand, two hundred and thirteen and 00/00.

Haha. They taught us D'Nealian as a gateway drug to cursive, but when I write things out like that now I found I've invented my own variety of connecty printing so I don't have to lift the pen. I've never used the little D'Nealian monkeytail things.

OT. To Billiken Rich and all the other younger uns who live out there and have abandoned paper and writing in favor of the electronic way of doing things. If there is something we have known for some time regarding computer security is that however secure it may be it is never unassailable. Look at the recent Equifax breach, look at the number fraudulent tax returns filed each year by hackers. One way to diminish the risk, at least as far as your own records and payments are concerned, is simply by using paper bills and sending them by mail, with paper checks enclosed when you have to pay. It is slow, it is old fashioned, but it is safer. I agree we all have to live with Equifax and Trans Union, and the big banks, we are screwed in that respect and have to  trust their security works... Sometimes it does not. 

4 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hmm.  I'm surprised Bauman hasn't chastised us for veering off topic again.  Maybe because the Bills' spot in the list came up, he doesn't care anymore.  Anyway, lets try to keep it about the College Sports Madness Top 144 as much as possible.

I have tried to be a positive Billiken supporter/poster for many years, but I am not going to take any more c%@p from a closet SPUMAC supporter, claiming to be an equal opportunity supporter of both SPUMAC and the Bills.

I promise, when you are gone I will be back.  Good luck supporting your buddies, V-time and Coach 314.

Billikens.com come up with replacement mods sooner rather than later.

I have been a SLU basketball fan for many, many years most likely much longer than you.   I am no longer going to take any c&@p from someone who claims to be an equal supporter of the Bills and SPUMAC under the guise of being a Board moderator.

5 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hmm.  I'm surprised Bauman hasn't chastised us for veering off topic again.  Maybe because the Bills' spot in the list came up, he doesn't care anymore.  Anyway, lets try to keep it about the College Sports Madness Top 144 as much as possible.

Funny story

This past week I was forced to give a 10 minute presentation at a meeting with about 80 attendees with 20 minutes notice.  I had no note cards available and no projector in the room for a laptop.  I did have a whiteboard in the room so I wrote an outline of my speech on it in cursive to guide me through the presentation.  A few of the younger attendees must have complained about it.  An email was sent out the next day requesting cursive writing not be used in any presentations because not everyone is able to decipher it.  In response I've started leaving fight club style haikus printed all over the workplace.

11 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It is hard to be a moderator I appreciate you patience and your assistance with helping me out with my word usage with my posts.

A good mood changer on this site being picked 58 the season cannot start fast enough.

10 hours ago, bauman said:

I have tried to be a positive Billiken supporter/poster for many years, but I am not going to take any more c%@p from a closet SPUMAC supporter, claiming to be an equal opportunity supporter of both SPUMAC and the Bills.

I promise, when you are gone I will be back.  Good luck supporting your buddies, V-time and Coach 314.

Billikens.com come up with replacement mods sooner rather than later.

I have been a SLU basketball fan for many, many years most likely much longer than you.   I am no longer going to take any c&@p from someone who claims to be an equal supporter of the Bills and SPUMAC under the guise of being a Board moderator.

I swear I did not sleep with your wife!

I've blasted and disagreed with STLHI, and I've called out C314; in what way have I been their "buddy"?  Because I try to be fair?

You have no sense of humor, whatsoever!

Again, I am more than willing to not be a moderator!  Why don't you volunteer, if you're still around?