Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm sure there will be others. SLU and WKU were just the first to jump on the opportunity. We shouldn't sweat WKU at this point, until it becomes clear who his contenders are.

I am not sweating any program because we have Jordan Goodwin. Dude is a monster recruiter. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

It does not matter whether I know Bo or not, by all posts above he had a "terrible injury" during the playoffs which ended his career. Foreman, as far as I know, has not had any traumatic injuries during play that stopped him from playing. Different animals, it looks like.

amazing you don't know Bo. Seems like pivotal scene in a spy thriller exposing you. But all kidding aside my original ? is is the same type medical thing as Bo had. Google his name and then get back to us.

23 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Also I have asked a few times, but why isnt Mr Show me announced yet? Would any of our recruits be considered? Fred Thatch?

I would think Courtney Ramey and Carte'are Gordon would be the more likely juniors to win that award.

Also, I have no idea about the timing of that announcement.

43 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I would think Courtney Ramey and Carte'are Gordon would be the more likely juniors to win that award.

Also, I have no idea about the timing of that announcement.

Got to think it's Ramey.

13 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Really???

Bo Jackson was a great football and baseball player in the late 80s/early 90s. Incredible talent in both sports, but it all came crashing down when he sustained a terrible hip injury in the playoffs with the LA Raiders. Ended his football career, and effectively ended his baseball career.

If I remember his hip injury was a result of some genetic issue he had.  You are correct he was a spectacular athlete.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

amazing you don't know Bo. Seems like pivotal scene in a spy thriller exposing you. But all kidding aside my original ? is is the same type medical thing as Bo had. Google his name and then get back to us.

The first thing to understand is that a lot of things went into Bo's injury. The hip dislocation itself is what happened on the field, but it isn't what forced Jackson into retirement. That would be a bone disease called avascular necrosis (AVN), which happens when blood supply to the bone is disrupted, as it was with Jackson. From there, the ball of his hip literally died and needed to be replaced. 

Pulled that from a deadspin article, I can't vouch for its veracity. But it appears that Bo know's AVN.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I'm sure there will be others. SLU and WKU were just the first to jump on the opportunity. We shouldn't sweat WKU at this point, until it becomes clear who his contenders are.

You would think Groce now at Akron would send out an offer. 

1 hour ago, hoppybeer said:

The first thing to understand is that a lot of things went into Bo's injury. The hip dislocation itself is what happened on the field, but it isn't what forced Jackson into retirement. That would be a bone disease called avascular necrosis (AVN), which happens when blood supply to the bone is disrupted, as it was with Jackson. From there, the ball of his hip literally died and needed to be replaced. 

Pulled that from a deadspin article, I can't vouch for its veracity. But it appears that Bo know's AVN.

Hoppybeer, whoever wrote this piece does not have much understanding of disease. The trauma in Bo's case most likely caused significant traumatic disruption to the vascular supply of the hip which then developed osteonecrosis. This was a rapid process, traumatic vascular compromise to a joint. AVN is a genetic disorder that progresses slowly. It is true that if you have AVN and then suffer trauma to a hip the vascular supply to the hip is cut down even more than what it had been and things could happen much faster and with much more permanent damage.. 

Foreman has no known history of trauma and for all we know his process has been slowly progressive. In classical AVN the ball of the femoral head does not die, it deforms to a flatter shape that can be supplied adequately with the diminished vascular supply available. Of course the flat shape of the femoral head limits motion and causes pain. Can any one document severe trauma to Foreman's hip during play?

The Mr. Show-Me Basketball Award is announced on April 23rd. The award is only given to seniors. The finalists were announced April 3rd:

Jacob Gilyard, Barstow

Wyatt Yess, Parkway West

Cameron Davis, Kickapoo

Levi Stockard, Vashon

Jared Ridder, Kickapoo (Gatorade Player of the Year)

Brandon McKissic, SLUH

Elijah Childs, Lee’s Summit West

Caleb Bennett, Lafayette (St. Joseph)

4 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

Thanks for the nomination list Pistol.  Do you know where they are going to college?

Jacob Gilyard, Barstow - Richmond

Wyatt Yess, Parkway West - Yale

Cameron Davis, Kickapoo - Navy

Levi Stockard, Vashon - K-State

Jared Ridder, Kickapoo (Gatorade Player of the Year) - Xavier

Brandon McKissic, SLUH - UMKC

Elijah Childs, Lee’s Summit West - Bradley

Caleb Bennett, Lafayette (St. Joseph) - Lehigh

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Jacob Gilyard, Barstow - Richmond

Wyatt Yess, Parkway West - Yale

Cameron Davis, Kickapoo - Navy

Levi Stockard, Vashon - K-State

Jared Ridder, Kickapoo (Gatorade Player of the Year) - Xavier

Brandon McKissic, SLUH - UMKC

Elijah Childs, Lee’s Summit West - Bradley

Caleb Bennett, Lafayette (St. Joseph) - Lehigh

Thank you. Thats awesome. Seems apparent that next year is going to be a loaded class, almost 4x as good as this one