Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said on his show that SLU is recruiting not only Pickett, but is also interested in Mizzou transfer Frankie Hughes. He thought Pickett was the better fit and is probably more explosive. He said they probably won't get both.

NO THANKS on Hughes. 

11 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Hughes can play 

He had some big games and looked like the real deal early in the season before completely losing his confidence. He certainly has significant holes in his game, but he has some natural ability and could really benefit from a year off getting stronger and working on his shot. I would be fine with that addition, but am not sure how big of a need he fills.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

He had some big games and looked like the real deal early in the season before completely losing his confidence. He certainly has significant holes in his game, but he has some natural ability and could really benefit from a year off getting stronger and working on his shot. I would be fine with that addition, but am not sure how big of a need he fills.

If he needs a year to work on his shot and get stronger, I'd rather have the Freshman - Pickett. Younger, local, friends with Goodwin, didn't go to a dumpster fire, etc..

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

If he needs a year to work on his shot and get stronger, I'd rather have the Freshman - Pickett. Younger, local, friends with Goodwin, didn't go to a dumpster fire, etc..

Well, we grabbed Foreman from Rutgers (10 and 7 win seasons) and Henriquez from UCF (back to back 12 wins seasons) and I think most of us were pleased with those additions, so I wouldn't use that last reason. I do somewhat question his ability overall, so that would be my main reason for preferring to sign a kid like Pickett.