Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Billikid said:

I don't know if this pertains to the guys being discussed here but apparently there was a big recruit on campus yesterday. No additional info and I don't have a good source either but I'm a student on campus and that was the word. 

Isaiah Whaley probs. 6'9 PF

15 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Is Illinois ever going to release Pickett and Tilmon?

They have no obligation to.  They both signed Letters of Intent with the University, not the coach. They knew there was a good chance Groce would be fired. I'm sure they will release them, but you can forgive the school for not being in a massive hurry. 

It is understood that the players sign to play for a specific coach. Coaches can change destination whenever they choose, but the players are penalized tremendously. It is completely unethical to not release the players. If they wanted to retain the signed players, they should've retained the coach. It's the risk you take when you fire the standing coach.  This will hurt them in future recruiting.  SLU didn't hold Ryan Hollins hostage and we held no grudge watching him in the final four with UCLA

Just now, STL Hoops Insider said:

It is understood that the players sign to play for a specific coach. Coaches can change destination whenever they choose, but the players are penalized tremendously. It is completely unethical to not release the players. If they wanted to retain the signed players, they should've retained the coach. It's the risk you take when you fire the standing coach.  This will hurt them in future recruiting.  SLU didn't hold Ryan Hollins hostage and we held no grudge watching him in the final four with UCLA

I'm not saying it's the way it should be, but it's the way it is. They'll get released. The season is a long way away. What is the hurry?

19 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Pickett asked for his release on Saturday. It's Sunday. Seems a bit early to say they are being unethical or dragging their feet. It'll happen soon enough for both players.

Some hs coach went off saying this will hurt Illinois recrutiting. Also said Tilmon looks to slu. Aparently it's pretty bad if they don't be release right away, especially during a limited recruiting period 

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Some hs coach went off saying this will hurt Illinois recrutiting. Also said Tilmon looks to slu. Aparently it's pretty bad if they don't be release right away, especially during a limited recruiting period 

Does this hs coach have any credibility, or is he just some hack?

42 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Pickett asked for his release on Saturday. It's Sunday. Seems a bit early to say they are being unethical or dragging their feet. It'll happen soon enough for both players.

Yea def just meant in regards to Tilmon, but either way how hard can it be? If you're in an athletic department I'm sure you're used to doing work on the weekends