Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

It does not matter whether I know Bo or not, by all posts above he had a "terrible injury" during the playoffs which ended his career. Foreman, as far as I know, has not had any traumatic injuries during play that stopped him from playing. Different animals, it looks like.

You don't know Didley.

18 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Not saying this is true, but Ford may not be interested in Tilmon or Pickett.  We are at a point where he's going to need to be a bit more selective about who he takes.  We don't have to take every top local guy just because they are ranked as a top local guy.  If he sees something he doesn't like with either of these two, and thinks he can recruit over them in the next two or three recruiting classes, then I'll trust his judgment.  Remember that every kid he signs is a spot we no longer have open for someone else.

Pickett was offered by SLU about 15 minutes ago

11 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Really???

Bo Jackson was a great football and baseball player in the late 80s/early 90s. Incredible talent in both sports, but it all came crashing down when he sustained a terrible hip injury in the playoffs with the LA Raiders. Ended his football career, and effectively ended his baseball career.

If I remember his hip injury was a result of some genetic issue he had.  You are correct he was a spectacular athlete.

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I really have no idea how anyone who was alive in the late 80s and early 90s could not know who Bo Jackson is. 

Especially one who is supposed to be a sports fan.  Those commercials ran non stop during every televised sporting event.

11 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I am slightly concerned about the WKU offer. They got a commitment from the #9 recruit in the country. Again, only slightly concerned as I was not expecting them to offer and they already have a good player committed to the coach.

They have also signed the number 74 recruit, Josh Anderson, also out of Louisiana. 

Completely anecdotal comment: I got to go see a game at WKU because I was in Bowling Green for business. Great fans. That whole state is basketball crazy, its not just UL and UK. The campus is actually surprisingly nice too, thought Diddle Arena is a little dated. They are HYPED for the incoming recruits, 'Topper fans are all in on Coach Stansbury. Crazy to think that the C-USA could be a multi-bid league with WKU and Middle Tennessee next year. 

So yeah, WKU is going to be a strong squad, and they could get Pickett. 

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Pickett was offered by SLU about 15 minutes ago

Thank you the information insider exciting news

6 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

They have also signed the number 74 recruit, Josh Anderson, also out of Louisiana. 

Completely anecdotal comment: I got to go see a game at WKU because I was in Bowling Green for business. Great fans. That whole state is basketball crazy, its not just UL and UK. The campus is actually surprisingly nice too, thought Diddle Arena is a little dated. They are HYPED for the incoming recruits, 'Topper fans are all in on Coach Stansbury. Crazy to think that the C-USA could be a multi-bid league with WKU and Middle Tennessee next year. 

So yeah, WKU is going to be a strong squad, and they could get Pickett. 

WKU is one of the biggest up and coming mid majors. SLU and WKU have been on the same lists recently for top growth mid majors and for mid major recruiting. I think they are the only ones who beat us in the list SLU tweeted out. However I think Pickett wants to stay local

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

WKU is one of the biggest up and coming mid majors. SLU and WKU have been on the same lists recently for top growth mid majors and for mid major recruiting. I think they are the only ones who beat us in the list SLU tweeted out. However I think Pickett wants to stay local

They're easy to love too. Just swinging against some local big boys (local big boys that have actual basketball history.) 

It may be my daily morning glass of bourbon speaking, but I think we move to officially designate WKU as the board's second favorite program. 

1 minute ago, Franchise_08 said:

How far is Western Kentucky from Belleville?

Not far. Just over 4 hours. From Belleville to Bowling Green, KY. 

That's just over 4 hours longer than it is to the Chaifetz though... 

I'm sure there will be others. SLU and WKU were just the first to jump on the opportunity. We shouldn't sweat WKU at this point, until it becomes clear who his contenders are.