Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Whether STL Hoops Insider is a fan or not, he's absolutely right on this.  AAU coaches' phones blow up after a college head coach gets fired.  It's all perfectly legal.  No rule violation involved.

So needless to say Corey Frazier has been hearing from his old friend Corey Tate this week?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Stl hoops insider has proven time and time again over the years to be a joke. 

Just my observation

Over the 10 years that I have been watching this board, it seems like select few posters have run off every confirmed insider and when someone pops up that may have some inside information, such as a former STL D1 coach, they are 'jokes' and told to stop posting.  I dont know STL Hoops history, but as confirmed by 3star, his info was right.  

Just now, WestCoastBilliken said:

Over the 10 years that I have been watching this board, it seems like select few posters have run off every confirmed insider and when someone pops up that may have some inside information, such as a former STL D1 coach, they are 'jokes' and told to stop posting.  I dont know STL Hoops history, but as confirmed by 3star, his info comment was right. 

Stl hoops insider is a joke 

Just now, WestCoastBilliken said:

Over the 10 years that I have been watching this board, it seems like select few posters have run off every confirmed insider and when someone pops up that may have some inside information, such as a former STL D1 coach, they are 'jokes' and told to stop posting.  I dont know STL Hoops history, but as confirmed by 3star, his info comment was right. 

Some people don't want to hear the truth or might be mad that someone other than them has inside information to take away from attention from them. I have info on 1 recruit and he isn't coming to SLU for a reason that people here won't be happy about.

8 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Stl hoops insider is a joke 

What STL Hoops said in this thread was not 'a joke' and was actually interesting, and personally I would like to hear more about how recruiting/contact etc work which he was talking about.  

Maybe you and Roy have a sore spot for STL, but I dont think he crossed a line and was not inaccurate or illegal, as confirmed by 3star (Who I have read enough from him that I trust his opinion and look for his posts.. I also look for Roy's posts too because I think what he has to say is also good info). 

My point is the board seems to gang up on certain insiders at some point in time because of something dumb and they are run off.  We all know which true insiders here never post or very rarely nowadays. Roy was one poster run off during the Majerus days... 

He isn't an insider. He is often pushing an agenda and when he is pushing an agenda it is never a pro SLU agenda.  His question about Tilmon wasn't because he is curios about who might be talking to who.  He knows how the game is played.  He is hoping a certain person's name gets brought up.

10 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Some people don't want to hear the truth or might be mad that someone other than them has inside information to take away from attention from them. I have info on 1 recruit and he isn't coming to SLU for a reason that people here won't be happy about.

please PM and share this reason

4 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

What STL Hoops said in this thread was not 'a joke' and was actually interesting, and personally I would like to hear more about how recruiting/contact etc work which he was talking about.  

Maybe you and Roy have a sore spot for STL, but I dont think he crossed a line and was not inaccurate or illegal, as confirmed by 3star (Who I have read enough from him that I trust his opinion and look for his posts.. I also look for Roy's posts too because I think what he has to say is also good info). 

My point is the board seems to gang up on certain insiders at some point in time because of something dumb and they are run off.  We all know which true insiders here never post or very rarely nowadays. Roy was one poster run off during the Majerus days... 

STL hoops insider is a joke.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I will save you the supense of waiting for him to pm you, it is Mark Smith.  But, it isnt exactly the reason glorydays thinks it is.

i want to know why Mark Smith wont consider SLU.... i hope its because JGood rocked his girlfriend.... i would actually like that excuse

My guess regarding Smith isn't really that interesting. My bet is he sees a logjam at guard over the next few years and is looking where he will get more PT. Not that he wouldn't play here, as he is extremely talented. It just seems like he would want to go somewhere with more time available. (I have no inside knowledge and this could be completelywrong)

I posted about billikens basketball a lot when the roster was full of local players during the lisch/liddell/polk/Meyer years, no agenda. I was saddened when Brad was fired coming off a 20 win season. There was no agenda. When I left the board to Coach, I let my brother continue under my name, but being away at school, he wasn't nearly the fanatic I was. I shared lots of inside info, specifically during the Harrellson saga and my old website STL HOOPS INSIDER. I put over 150 kids in college on scholarship and several in the overseas professional ranks.  The last 2 years I've been out of coaching due to raising a special needs child, but I've always read the board and rarely posted. Now in the last week I've tried to return enthusiastically and I get this backlash. Backlash for stating facts. These grudges against me are like 10 years old. I left the board to Coach in 2009. I helped turn around one of the worst college programs in the country. I was fan when SLU scored 20 points in a game. I was a fan during the situation.  I was fan from Chris Braun to Kenny Brown, Justin Love to Justin Tatum. Obi  to Roby.  

6 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I posted about billikens basketball a lot when the roster was full of local players during the lisch/liddell/polk/Meyer years, no agenda. I was saddened when Brad was fired coming off a 20 win season. There was no agenda. When I left the board to Coach, I let my brother continue under my name, but being away at school, he wasn't nearly the fanatic I was. I shared lots of inside info, specifically during the Harrellson saga and my old website STL HOOPS INSIDER. I put over 150 kids in college on scholarship and several in the overseas professional ranks.  The last 2 years I've been out of coaching due to raising a special needs child, but I've always read the board and rarely posted. Now in the last week I've tried to return enthusiastically and I get this backlash. Backlash for stating facts. These grudges against me are like 10 years old. I left the board to Coach in 2009. I helped turn around one of the worst college programs in the country. I was fan when SLU scored 20 points in a game. I was a fan during the situation.  I was fan from Chris Braun to Kenny Brown, Justin Love to Justin Tatum. Obi  to Roby.  

If you are looking for some love I'll give it to you. Keep posting. 

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I agree with Willie, I learn a lot from most of the posters on this site keep on posting.

33 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Thanks Willie, but to be called a joke by multiple members of this site for no reason is just wrong. What did I say that was so bad or even wrong to be called a joke?

Internet anonymity and cyber-profiling.

On the 'net, people often say things they would never say if they all were, say, in a sports bar (sober) kicking it around.  Also, certain posters with certain styles tend to get branded and stigmatized.  I recommend you refuse to dignify it with a response.

My feeling is that, if I choose to be a fan of a team — or two teams, five, or whatever (maybe just one athlete on the team) — and participate on a teams board, I don't need anyone on the board to validate my choice(s).  Others' definitions of fanhood or the rationale of how to choose who to root for or how simply don't shape my thoughts.

Because you don't think the way some posters want you to express yourself, they try to minimize you.  But do you really require validation from them?

If you notice the people that are going after STL Insider are ones that have posted continuously for about 15 years on this site. They aren't johnny come latelys or casual readers. They are posters that have a long memory and there have definitely been times when STL has been a poster with a very distinct angle that is not in the best interest of SLU . Maybe he has turned over a new leaf and is a true blue fan, but it's always weird how some posters come out of the woodwork when good things happen at schools like mizzou. A healthy amount of skepticism is reasonable but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am of the opinion that it is worth giving STLHoopsInsider the benefit of the doubt. True, he has always had an agenda. But that agenda has been to promote local St. Louis high school basketball players. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that it has been anti-SLU.

In my opinion, someone with strong knowledge of the St. Louis hoops scene can provide value on this board, even if they aren't a die-hard SLU fan.

I also think it's very reasonable to think that the SLU staff reached out to people who know Tillmon. And I would personally be disappointed if they didn't.

I've been following and posting on boards since 1996 or so - a long time - in my experience, posters with names like "insider", "coach", "in the know", "ex pro" and the like are usually full of sh*t. @STL Hoops Insider has proven he's not a total fraud (with the links he posted) but there is distrust of someone who has to say it upfront instead of proving it (kudos to @The Pelican here for proving it with an unassuming name and in few words).

14 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You're not going to gain credibility by saying you have info on a recruit, without giving any more information. Who's the recruit? Are you sure SLU was even interested?  How do you know this player isn't just bitter that SLU backed off? Etc. 

you cant just claim you are an insider and immediately be accepted as an insider. Doesn't work like that, chief. 

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

You're not going to gain credibility by saying you have info on a recruit, without giving any more information. Who's the recruit? Are you sure SLU was even interested?  How do you know this player isn't just bitter that SLU backed off? Etc. 

you cant just claim you are an insider and immediately be accepted as an insider. Doesn't work like that, chief. 

I do not view myself in anyway as an insider. I just happened to be close to one of the recruits family in the stl area. That is really it