Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

6 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Not much chatter lately. Is Ford pushing really hard to flip Tilmon?

that would be an ncaa violation STL hoops.   Surely you know that. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the quiet before the final storm for the 2017 class. We'll know soon about more coaching changes, we'll start hearing more transfer news, unsigned HS kids will commit or go the prep route, some juco names may pop up - there's still a lot that can happen.

44 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You're joking. You know how this works. He will get a release soon if he hasn't already and you have your people contact his people in the meantime. Stop it. 

Sounds really complicated :unsure:

If/when Tillmon gets a release, I think Tate/Ford will know how to contact him. I think all parties involved know each other pretty well by this point.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You're joking. You know how this works. He will get a release soon if he hasn't already and you have your people contact his people in the meantime. Stop it. 

no coach with an ounce of sense is going to admit or talk about how they are breaking rules.   your question to the board was asking if we knew if ford was actively trying to flip tillmon and any real fan of the billikens would be stupid enough to answer that in the affirmative and no coach with an ounce of sense is going to publically talk about trying to break rules to steal an LOI athlete.   so the only one that needs to stop is you.   If you want to come to the billiken fan message board and discuss seriously breaking rules you need to leave.  

6 hours ago, CBFan said:

Coach 314 you do not post a lot but when you do it is always good information, I always appreciate your posts and reading what you think.

Happy Friday.

Thank you Sir.  Been busy watching STL high school playoffs.  In Columbia now supporting the local teams.  Happy Friday to you.

And for the other poster...Reece and McKinney will be staying at Vashon. They will compete with Webster Groves next year for the top team in STL.  

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

no coach with an ounce of sense is going to admit or talk about how they are breaking rules.   your question to the board was asking if we knew if ford was actively trying to flip tillmon and any real fan of the billikens would be stupid enough to answer that in the affirmative and no coach with an ounce of sense is going to publically talk about trying to break rules to steal an LOI athlete.   so the only one that needs to stop is you.   If you want to come to the billiken fan message board and discuss seriously breaking rules you need to leave.  

Roy, calm down. I'm not asking for a public statement  from Coach Ford, I'm asking the insiders here if they know anything. There are always rumors about kids transferring or sign kids flipping with coaching changes. There's nothing shady or illegal about it.  If you don't know anything, the post wasn't for you ROY. Remember about 10 years ago, I interviewed a signed Josh Harrellson about his options with Derek Thomas being fired at WIU like, but the school not releasing him. He gave a full list and even discussed SLU and Kentucky as his final 2.

6 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Roy, calm down. I'm not asking for a public statement  from Coach Ford, I'm asking the insiders here if they know anything. There are always rumors about kids transferring or sign kids flipping with coaching changes. There's nothing shady or illegal about it.  If you don't know anything, the post wasn't for you ROY. Remember about 10 years ago, I interviewed a signed Josh Harrellson about his options with Derek Thomas being fired at WIU like, but the school not releasing him. He gave a full list and even discussed SLU and Kentucky as his final 2.

then I suggest you go to Jerimiah tillmon and ask.  

and yes from slu's perspective, until tillmon has a full unconditional release from the university of Illinois, slu cannot approach tillmon in any way.   it is indeed a violation i.e. shady/illegal.     I just don't appreciate a non fan coming to a public message board and soliciting true billiken fans if they know about any ncaa violation.   if that bothers you that I am upset about your question, and think I am over reacting, then that tells us a lot about your ethical standards. 

Roy, if what you were saying is true, how could Martin have met with Michael Porter Sr yesterday about the assistant coaching position? You think his sons never came up the entire conversation?  You think the meeting would've been open public news if it was illegal?  No Ford cannot speak to Tilmon directly, but there are legal ways to get at the very least Guage interest before wasting recruiting resources, even if it's just having Goodwin put on the full court press

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Thank you Sir.  Been busy watching STL high school playoffs.  In Columbia now supporting the local teams.  Happy Friday to you.

And for the other poster...Reece and McKinney will be staying at Vashon. They will compete with Webster Groves next year for the top team in STL.  

SLU does not have an H on the end. That's why I asked if they were transferring to SLU High. 

well I resent your insinuation that our coach was trying to cheat.  

as to the porter's, I  couldn't care less.   I worry about the billikens.   plus maybe daddy porter already has it in writing if he goes elsewhere he has a release.  we don't know.   but we can be pretty darn sure Illinois hasn't given ford permission to talk to Jerimiah tillmon. 

He doesn't have to speak to him to recruit him Roy, I coached college basketball for 6 years and dealt with many D1 coaches and acquired several D1 transfers Roy.  I know the rules.  I just wanted to know if it was a lost cause or not.  If it was already a definite no, or if we had a chance.  And I'm still offended Roy that you would question my Fandom.  

Hey STL HoopsInsider, if you indeed coached college basketball for 6 years and did deal with many D1 coaches and acquired several D1 transfers you know you may have been breaking the rules or stretching them to some degree. Why are you so insistent? I do not think Roy is questioning your fandom, I think he is questioning your honesty. I am with Roy in this one, let's act in a squeaky clean manner, we have nothing at all to lose from being squeaky clean, and a potential lot to lose by not doing so.

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hey STL HoopsInsider, if you indeed coached college basketball for 6 years and did deal with many D1 coaches and acquired several D1 transfers you know you may have been breaking the rules or stretching them to some degree. Why are you so insistent? I do not think Roy is questioning your fandom, I think he is questioning your honesty. I am with Roy in this one, let's act in a squeaky clean manner, we have nothing at all to lose from being squeaky clean, and a potential lot to lose by not doing so.

He did coach college basketball. 

I believe Roy is saying even if someone had info that SLU had used back channels or J Goodwin to contact Tillman they certainly shouldn't post it on a public message board.

I'm insistent because you don't have to break the rules to do this. Phone calls/texts are usually some variation of this.

Ford/Tate to AAU coach: I see Groce got fired, what's JT gonna do?

AAU coach to Ford/Tate: He hasn't gotten the release yet, but I've been getting some calls.

FordTate: Cool, cool. Well if he wants to make a move after the release, we're interested. Until then, let him know we're thinking about him and hope God gives him the wisdom to make the right decision. Who else you got in 2018?

AAU coach: Amen to that. And I've got this 7'3 point guard that shoots like Stephen Curry...........

Later that night....

AAU coach to Tilmon:  Hey brother, when you get that release I've got a list of schools for you. I've already heard from SLU and Mizzou, and imma talk to Coach Walker and see if he thinks they are gonna keep him or where he might go.

Tilmon: Yep

http://www.websterathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball&rc=434

http://www.hornetsathletics.com/SIDHelp/m/8/1/r|447|Justin Mosley|.php

http://www.hornetsathletics.com/SIDHelp/m/a|137.php

I did Coach college for several years. Prior to that I ran a scouting service and prior to that I played college ball. 

OK STL Hoops Insider, I hope the post you made about the conversation between Ford/Tate, AAU coach and Tilmon is just a fictional short story to show how it is done. So you have a pedigree in basketball, nice. I hope you can provide insight into which prospective candidate is good and why and viceversa. I also  hope you try to cool your anxiety for information that is not forthcoming before I just plug the ignore feature on you. 

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Also Roy, I resent bring called a NON fan. I've been a member of this board since 2005 and contributed a lot. Taking a hiatus to Coach college basketball for 6 years should not be held against me

You are a non fan.  The only thing that has ever got you to post regularly are the Irons, select local prospects and Mizzou.  You never post to just talk Billiken basketball.

2 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Do we try to run anyone and everyone off who may have some actual knowledge on things?  

Just an outside observation. 

Stl hoops insider has proven time and time again over the years to be a joke. 

Just my observation