Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

Question for those that GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY. Hypothetically speaking if Bruce Weber were to get canned at Kansas St. and Levi Stockard no longer wanted to go to K-State, would/should SLU be interested? Has his senior year lived up to a Big 12 scholarship?

If Weber gets canned, I would rather see Xavier Sneed transfer and come on home. I have been impressed when I have seen him play. Does he have any connection to Tate?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Sneed was thought to like Tate but not Mizzou if I remember correctly 

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Sneed was thought to like Tate but not Mizzou if I remember correctly 

Sounds like a very wise young man!

57 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Sneed would be great, but lets be honest, we can get someone with equal caliber and lets ask ourselves if we really want more transfers?

Yes, if it is Mike Lewis II.

I actually think a high level transfer would be a great fit on next year's roster. Ford isn't going to play 13 guys so we might as well use any potentially open scholarship on a guy who has to sit out and then can come in for the 2018-19 season and be a contributor. 

30 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I actually think a high level transfer would be a great fit on next year's roster. Ford isn't going to play 13 guys so we might as well use any potentially open scholarship on a guy who has to sit out and then can come in for the 2018-19 season and be a contributor. 

The Texas guy just got released today and was their top scorer. 

Stockard has lived up to expectations this year. He's a slightly more productive player than he was last year. With so many weapons, nobody for Vashon is going to average a lot of points. Would I use the scholarship earmarked for a 2018 player to get him? Probably not. I'd rather gamble on a higher upside, multi-positional player in 2018. We can afford to -- the roster will be stacked by then.

39 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Yes. This would make much more sense than a grad transfer for one year or giving Hines a scholarship to go to grad school for one year.

2 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Sneed would be great, but lets be honest, we can get someone with equal caliber and lets ask ourselves if we really want more transfers?

Xavier Sneed looks damn good. I don't know how he fits with the number of wings already on board, but he is a big time player.

He is a much better talent than Mike Lewis II.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

If Weber gets canned, I would rather see Xavier Sneed transfer and come on home. I have been impressed when I have seen him play. Does he have any connection to Tate?

If Coach K gets sick and had to step down after the season, and being that Tatum is not living up to the hype and falling off draft boards, I think I would like to see Jayson come home and play for Ford.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

If Coach K gets sick and had to step down after the season, and being that Tatum is not living up to the hype and falling off draft boards, I think I would like to see Jayson come home and play for Ford.

Yeah, you beat me to it. That's the guy I want as a transfer. We were his second choice, right?

Just now, SLURadioBoy said:

Latest Prep Hoops rankings...

Goodwin #43
French #181

https://www.prephoops.com/rankings/2017-rankings/

Funny. Goodwin gets hurt and moves up in the rankings and French dunks on just about everything in sight and moves down.

Key point is we are getting two really good players and their exact rankings don't matter much at all.

55 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Funny. Goodwin gets hurt and moves up in the rankings and French dunks on just about everything in sight and moves down.

Key point is we are getting two really good players and their exact rankings don't matter much at all.

Bingo. we know exactly what we're getting. 

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Well, if French had committed to a power 5 conference he would have moved up - figured this would happen.