Avila NIL Deal with Chicago White Sox and others

2 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Damn right about that. I wouldn't eat Imos if it were free. Vito's was my favorite local pizzeria when I moved to the Lou.

I thought I was the only one in STL that doesn’t like Imo’s. Oily cardboard to me.  The family orders Imo’s, I get a salad. Hard to screw that up. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I will put up Happy Joe's crust against anybody. 

We talking OG Happy Joe's on Watson that has closed or the imposter out in St. Peters? And, yes, I know it is an national international (holy crap they have Happy Joe's in Egypt) chain, but I feel like the new one doesn't use the cornmeal in the crust and it's just not as good as the Watson one used to be.

7 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

We talking OG Happy Joe's on Watson that has closed or the imposter out in St. Peters? And, yes, I know it is an national international (holy crap they have Happy Joe's in Egypt) chain, but I feel like the new one doesn't use the cornmeal in the crust and it's just not as good as the Watson one used to be.

When did the one on Watson close? HA

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

When did the one on Watson close? HA

like 2 years ago. I never once went there, only person I know within 5 miles of that place who can say that. 

The past few years I’ve been going to Pizza-A-Go-Go on my birthday, pretty solid spot in south city and I like bringing my own booze. La Pizza is probably my favorite local pizza spot, but there are some solid options out there and I seldom have bad pizza (here comes the IMO’s responses haha). Living out in Chesterfield my regular spot is Faraci’s. I saw Roy mention Peel, great spot too.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I love imo's.   Except for peel, I don't want crust.    Peel is the exception.  Best pizza crust in the world.  

Peel?  Wasn't that the place where the Women's NIT pre-party was.  I've had better crust made out of cauliflower......Chicago got the trains and the good pizza.  We got the riverboats and crackers.  We were screwed.....

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I thought I was the only one in STL that doesn’t like Imo’s. Oily cardboard to me.  The family orders Imo’s, I get a salad. Hard to screw that up. 

Not even close. 

I never understood the hype. It's glorified cheese and crackers.

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

The past few years I’ve been going to Pizza-A-Go-Go on my birthday, pretty solid spot in south city and I like bringing my own booze. La Pizza is probably my favorite local pizza spot, but there are some solid options out there and I seldom have bad pizza (here comes the IMO’s responses haha). Living out in Chesterfield my regular spot is Faraci’s. I saw Roy mention Peel, great spot too.

I miss living in Lindenwood Park.  

Imo’s is like the Creed of pizza places.

It’s fine but for some reason people love to hate it. 

That said I think Imo’s is great and I’m not a fan of Creed.

5 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Pizza A Go Go and Faraci’s are really good. Never had La Pizza.

17 hours ago, Brighton said:

Not even close. 

I never understood the hype. It's glorified cheese and crackers.

Cheese and cracker are delicious. 
I can understand not considering Imo’s  “pizza” but whatever you want to call it I’m eating it.

28 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

IMO’s 🤮

Is it the cheese? 

I love it. But I’m a huge provel guy. Most people I know who don’t like it can’t stand provel. 

58 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Cheese and cracker are delicious. 
I can understand not considering Imo’s  “pizza” but whatever you want to call it I’m eating it.

Is it the cheese? 

I love it. But I’m a huge provel guy. Most people I know who don’t like it can’t stand provel. 

Try the sweet heat pizza from Imo's - really good.  I need to try their new Red Hot Riplets wings.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Too many people don't give the Pirrones, Serra's, Halls Ferry Inns of the area, the respect they deserve. 

This.  Plus Angelo's, Nick & Elena's and OG Faraci's in Ferguson.  North County St Louis style is distinct and way better than Imo's St Louis style.

Dr Bird and JohnnyJumpUp like this