Schertz Press Conference Game Day Thread

An absolute home run press conference.  Those dwelling on negative issues, take your L and sit this one out.  Let us Billiken fan's rejoice.  I believe Jimerson was in attendance today.

Frank and Bob had Chris May on the radio immediately after the press conference.  It will be posted on The Press Box website soon.  Look it up.

Schertz is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow at the Cards game.  He apparently will spend a few minutes on the mound this afternoon to make sure, hopefully, he doesn't bounce it tomorrow. 

73Billiken, Scoop and Adman like this

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

An absolute home run press conference.  Those dwelling on negative issues, take your L and sit this one out.  Let us Billiken fan's rejoice.  I believe Jimerson was in attendance today.

Frank and Bob had Chris May on the radio immediately after the press conference.  It will be posted on The Press Box soon.  Look it up.

Schertz is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow at the Cards game.  He apparently will spend a few minutes on the mound this afternoon to make sure, hopefully, he doesn't bounce it tomorrow. 

Us Billiken fans voted and we regret to inform you, we reject your application.  Don't try to be a Billiken fan now that we have a real coach.

Go bother the IUPUI board.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

An absolute home run press conference.  Those dwelling on negative issues, take your L and sit this one out.  Let us Billiken fan's rejoice.

Frank and Bob had Chris May on the radio immediately after the press conference.  It will be posted on The Press Box soon.  Look it up.

Schertz is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow at the Cards game.  He apparently will spend a few minutes on the mound this afternoon to make sure, hopefully, he doesn't bounce it tomorrow

I’m going to the birds game tomorrow, I expect a strike of a first pitch.  Expect greatness  

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I liked what Josh had to say. But man were the media questions laughable.  BenFred asking about "Joy". Stu asking about dress code. Some of the old timer season ticket  holders asked better questions than the PD media guys.   

If Jimmer was there, get  him back

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Frank and Bob had Chris May on the radio immediately after the press conference.  It will be posted on The Press Box website soon.  Look it up.

Us billiken fans? We are not the same.

Soderball and TheA_Bomb like this

23 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

Did anyone else catch that they played Pitbull after the Band stopped playing...

Yeah the new-ish Pitbull-Zac Brown song. Nice touch by the stadium DJ. 

1 hour ago, Johnekess2 said:

Masen Miller is the first ISU player to hit the portal. States he is a Jr shooting guard averaged 1.8 pts per game.

He does have a haircut that is to standard.  I see that he was at Truman State prior could he be a McCollum target at Drake?  

I know our guys were waiting to meet with Coach Schertz and at least one who hit the portal told me he wants to stay.  I guess we'll see if a few of them withdraw from the portal this week.

My preference to stay is Jimmerson, SVB, Hughes, Thames, Medley.  Add Avila, Conwell, Swope, Kent, and that is a team that can compete.

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

He does have a haircut that is to standard.  I see that he was at Truman State prior could he be a McCollum target at Drake?  

I know our guys were waiting to meet with Coach Schertz and at lease one who hit the portal told me he wants to stay.  I guess we'll see if a few of them withdraw from the portal this week.

My preference to stay is Jimmerson, SVB, Hughes, Thames, Medley.  Add Avila, Conwell, Swope, Kent, and that is a team that can compete.

You see SVB working in Schertz' system? Or do we just need an enforcer?

Just now, CenHudDude said:

It doesn’t look like GibJim recognizes The Great One.

It is the great one's ghost.  Cant see see it in person only shows up on cell phone cameras.  

Just now, CenHudDude said:

The Sycamore fans don’t know anything about the most iconic mascot in college sports.

The Sycamore fans are more bitter the a cheated on spouse. Sad group.

59 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Us Billiken fans voted and we regret to inform you, we reject your application.  Don't try to be a Billiken fan now that we have a real coach.

Go bother the IUPUI board.

Go find another management template that justifies your negative agenda, once you tweak the data and massage the questions.  I still chuckle about that.  It reminds me of consulting for the Army Corps of Engineers that I did.   They supplied me with the results they want and then asked me to write the report to support their desired result.   I did it once and they said no thanks on further contracts.

11 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You see SVB working in Schertz' system? Or do we just need an enforcer?

Not the current version.  But could he become a good passer and hit 3s at close to 30%s?  Maybe with some development. I'm just hopeful as I like what I saw and see some potential.

Ez no way, tiny heart syndrome, despite being young and getting all the benefits of being a college athlete with access to the Champions Center he can't be in shape to play more than 8 minutes without asking to come out of the game? Not a culture fit for a winning team.

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Go find another management template that justifies your negative agenda, once you tweak the data and massage the questions.  I still chuckle about that.  It reminds me of consulting for the Army Corps of Engineers that I did.   They supplied me with the results they want and then asked me to write the report to support their desired result.   I did it once and they said no thanks on further contracts.

I still chuckle about how big a tool you are.