Selection Sunday

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

So the MVC now has the highest RPI and highest NET left out.

I think, if Schertz is our guy this is best for SLU.  Hate it for ISU fans but I'm a Billikens fan.  He did enough to make it but got snubbed so his price and the likely transfers he brings stays reasonable.  Swope, Avila come on down.  If they tore it up on the biggest stage that NIL price tag may have been prohibitive.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Is he mormon?  I didn't realize. Schertz is Jewish.  Gotta find him a good local deli.

Possible match up of Texas vs Tenn in round two.  I see you committee

McNeese won a lot of games but check out their schedule no sh*t these are the name of some of the teams: Biblical Studies, Champion Christian, Mary Kate LeTourneau, Mississippi University for Women.  SO I'm not sure I'm in on this 12-5 upset

Schertz will be dominating some Protzel’s Deli in no time.  Great Jewish deli.  

Curious to see how NIT impacts an announcement with Schertz. I’ve got to imagine he’s on the move, whether to SLU or somewhere else. 

Soderball and TRN like this

5 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

ISU is below 20% chance of making it. Too many bid thieves, especially yesterday. Dayton 100% in the tourney. I doubt the A-10 gets 2 NCAA teams and 4 NIT teams. 

Below 30 NET for Indiana State.  Yes, they got the mid-major screw job.  Using the NCAA preferred measuring tool .... they get "tooled".

Soderball likes this

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Schertz will be dominating some Protzel’s Deli in no time.  Great Jewish deli.  

Curious to see how NIT impacts an announcement with Schertz. I’ve got to imagine he’s on the move, whether to SLU or somewhere else. 

I think I hit Kohn's years ago.  I'll be back in STL on Friday if anyone wants to fight, Native American Leg Wrestle or crush pastramis at lunch.

I would think he probably coaches through the NIT.  But man I kinda wish ISU would say hey we will promote the lead assistant and let him get started now.  You can go West young man.

Also agree on aTm, can't stand them, and I hate the Buzz look.

23 minutes ago, Soderball said:

A&M being in is straight pathetic.

As a Nebraska native, whose AD left to go to A&M, I’ll be happy for the Huskers to get their first ever NCAA win against those weirdos.  That poor Collie, Reveille.

1 minute ago, TRN said:

As a Nebraska native, whose AD left to go to A&M, I’ll be happy for the Huskers to get their first ever NCAA win against those weirdos.  That poor Collie, Revelee

They really are weirdos.  I was shocked that tOSU hired the aTm AD.  That was crazy.

Hoiberg has a team, if they're hot can beat anyone.  

TRN likes this

Some interesting observations by the computer...

It thought that Day would be punished for an early exit in the A-10 tourney...didn't happen...it got the 7th seed  like the computer had originally projected...Computer says you can't trust humans.

As @HoosierPalmentioned above ISU  becomes the highest NET team to not make it. Speaking of ISU a few days ago in the Coach search discussion thread , there was a question about whether an ISU  coach would be able to make it in the A10.  So I ran some simulations which showed ISU would have finished 2nd this year in the A10.... Now that the bracket info has been fed in , the computer shows that the data reason that  ISU didn't make it was there were some unexpected teams that did.  The computer speculates that the Duq bid was one of those . Finishing out the simulation from above... had ISU been in the A10 they would have won the  tourney( beating Duq by 3)  and been the auto bid for the Atlantic 10.....Day and ISU would have both been Dancing....Can we use this info in coach recruiting?  That was the data side...the human side shows that ISU was snubbed...or as the NCAA would say ....we are here to correct NET oversights ...we "fix" things and make them right.....the  computer response to "fixing" things...  *^#(*^%)(@#^^?% !!!!

You know Wiz, you humanize your computer. I know, Walt Disney made tons of money humanizing a mouse, a dog and a bunch of ducks. It worked well for him, why not for you.

I do not think Duquesne will beat BYU, we will see about Dayton vs Nevada.

So this year the First Four are 10 seeds?? Is this new?? Used to be 12 and then 11 , right?

So, from reading these threads it looks like the MVC got 1 and the A10 got 2 so that should put the discussion that the MVC is as good as the A10 to rest.  I am not being serious here but it does make you stop and think.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

So, from reading these threads it looks like the MVC got 1 and the A10 got 2 so that should put the discussion that the MVC is as good as the A10 to rest.  I am not being serious here but it does make you stop and think.

A10 only got 2 because Dayton stumbled in the tourney. If Dayton won the A10 tourney, it would have been a one bid league. If Duq was the team that shoved ISU out, as potentially pointed out by @The Wiz’s computer, then could Dayton winning the A10 tournament have gotten ISU in? 

The real truth for both leagues is that Dayton was the only team in both leagues good enough to lose their conference tournament and still make it in. That was the margin of difference between the MVC and the A10. Not a very large difference.

38 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

So this year the First Four are 10 seeds?? Is this new?? Used to be 12 and then 11 , right?

They are wherever the last 2 at-larges would be. So with all the bid thieves, there are more automatic qualifiers that wouldn't have made the tournament (New Mexico, Duquesne, NC State, Oregon, UAB) sitting at the 11 seed line instead of the first four being there. 

SLU_Nick likes this

40 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

If you win your Auto Tourney you should not have to play a play in game.

Let the 16 seeds have their Thurs/Fri game.  Make the power conf teams play in, more TV eyes anyway.

Going to need a strong bourbon to make the UVA play in game watchable.