A10 Tourney

Here is what I have for post season A-10  play

NCAA...Day ...76%....8th or 9th  seed

One of the following will get the auto bid....VCU....25.6%....Duq...25.3%....St. B...24.9%...St. J...24.6%

Of note....the chances of picking all 4 under dogs in yesterday's A10 tourney were about 60-1.

Also for those  tracking Indiana St...they have a 56% chance to get a Dance bid

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

8-9 seed makes a lot more sense for dayton.  The amount of talk about a 4-6 seed was absurd. 

The computer is rarely wrong....sometimes real life just has to catch up....or as the computer would say...you are not feeding me enough data.

CenHudDude likes this

7 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

OT - We attended The Neil Diamond Musical - A Beautiful Noise last night on Broadway at the Broadhurst Theatre.  The show was just outstanding.  Its run on Broadway ends June 30, and then the show is going on the road.

If you are in New York City on or before that time, or if the show comes thereafer to an area near you, Ms. BAB and I highly recommend it.  We saw Neil Diamond himself in concert at the old St. Louis Arena (Checkerdome) in the 1980's. 

Earlier in the day we attended the matinee session of the Big East Quarterfinals at Madison Square Garden, saw defending National Champion UConn, followed by Coach Rick Pitino and his St. John's Red Storm.

It was as perfect of a day as imaginable in The Big Apple.

While at SLU I saw Neil at Savvis Center he had a rotating stage it was great.  Was the youngest person there, my GF* at the time was a member of the pep band she was a big Diamond fan. I guess I'm into Cougarlicious concerts as I just attended Stevie Nicks and Billie Joel last Saturday night. That was also a good show.

As for UD and ISU.  UD is dancing they have one of the best players in the Nation. ISU will be sweating it due to their lack of Q1 wins. I know it's a function of their conference and lack of ability to get Q1 wins but that's what's probably going to happen. If we're hiring Schertz that's probably good for us as if they do well his price and players price in NIL probably go up and maybe more competition for him and the players.

So it might be good for us that they are good enough to make it but don't. Hate it for ya' Sycamores and hate it for the players but transfer to Grand and Lindell and be hungrier next season.

*I did complete the SLU trifecta of sorts and date a pep band member, cheerleader and Baby Blue. Not sure if this feat has ever been replicated at SLU or needs to be replicated but it should be a footnote in my wikipedia page and be proof of my deep dedication to SLU

8 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Hmm I wonder why 😉

They didn't play sweet caroline in the 90s, that I recall.

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

They didn't play sweet caroline in the 90s, that I recall.

Yeah you're right, that whole thing became a thing in the late 2000s. I just wanted to make a joke, but seriously I bet the band member had the best rhythm 😉😅🫠

Who would you like to see win the A-10 tourney??

For a down year, still had 9 teams win 20 games

2 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Who would you like to see win the A-10 tourney??

im really enjoying the Dukes.   they play belly button defense and they play fast.  this is fun to watch.  this is what Ford should have been developing the last 8 years but never did.  

Bizziken, brianstl and Old guy like this

16 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

OT - We attended The Neil Diamond Musical - A Beautiful Noise last night on Broadway at the Broadhurst Theatre.  The show was just outstanding.  Its run on Broadway ends June 30, and then the show is going on the road.

If you are in New York City on or before that time, or if the show comes thereafer to an area near you, Ms. BAB and I highly recommend it.  We saw Neil Diamond himself in concert at the old St. Louis Arena (Checkerdome) in the 1980's. 

Earlier in the day we attended the matinee session of the Big East Quarterfinals at Madison Square Garden, saw defending National Champion UConn, followed by Coach Rick Pitino and his St. John's Red Storm.

It was as perfect of a day as imaginable in The Big Apple.

BAB - I enjoyed meeting you and Ms BAB at the A-10 tourney. I’m glad I asked if it was you. 

20 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

im really enjoying the Dukes.   they play belly button defense and they play fast.  this is fun to watch.  this is what Ford should have been developing the last 8 years but never did.  

Duquesne hasn't made the Tourney since 1977. It would be a good story for the A10 if they were to win. 

21 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

im really enjoying the Dukes.   they play belly button defense and they play fast.  this is fun to watch.  this is what Ford should have been  kept on talking he was developing the last 8 years but never did.  

Fixed

3 hours ago, Bizziken said:

Duquesne hasn't made the Tourney since 1977. It would be a good story for the A10 if they were to win. 

Also isn't Dambrot packing it in and retiring next year? Be a nice send off.

Who else is rooting for Duquesne today???