GDT: SLU v. Rhode Island

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
A-10 First Round #14 Saint Louis (12-19, 5-13) vs. #11 Rhode Island (12-19, 6-12)  
Date // Time Tuesday, March 12, 2024 // approx. 3:30 p.m. CT
Location Brooklyn, N.Y. (Barclays Center)
Championship Info. Championship Central | Tickets
Stream ESPN+ (Matt Martucci, Dr. John Giannini)
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History Rhode Island leads 13-12
Game Notes Saint Louis

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what March Madness is all about. Everyone still has a chance to dance, just win one at a time and punch your ticket

David King likes this

3 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Can we pull even with Rhodey in the series history or not? It will take a PILLOW FIGHT to settle the issue!

The series is as close to 50-50 as you can get, we've won the last 5, so...Rhodey is due?

The game is supposed to be on KMOX, but in a question from my father - what are the two backup radio stations for SLU games?

24 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

No one that claims to be a SLU fan should ever, and that means literally ever, root against the Billikens. Period. 

Yeah doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Ford is getting fired either way. Why wouldn’t you sit back and enjoy some post season Billiken action?

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Ford is getting fired either way. Why wouldn’t you sit back and enjoy some post season Billiken action?

At this point I'm just rooting against Ford and rooting for the team. I just want so badly to move on and in a new direction. 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

it means that we get to see Ford gone sooner. Enough is enough. There's nothing to enjoy about this year.

These aren't scrappy kids pulling out a win. These are well-paid pros who are woefully inadequate.

40 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

No one that claims to be a SLU fan should ever, and that means literally ever, root against the Billikens. Period. 

It's why we have such fond memories of childhood fandom.  We rooted for the players on the team.  This preoccupation with pocket watching, return on investment, the political leanings of the coach, etc. comes with the hangups of adulthood.  It makes fandom a more miserable experience than it has to be.

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's why we have such fond memories of childhood fandom.  We rooted for the players on the team.  This preoccupation with pocket watching, return on investment, the political leanings of the coach, etc. comes with the hangups of adulthood.  It makes fandom a more miserable experience than it has to be.

This is a different game than it was in the 70s and 80s, even the 90s. You had sleazeball coaches everywhere paying guys, you name it, sure. It was not professionalized with insane coaching salaries, luxury accommodations, and comfortable salaries for players like it is now. This is professional sports. When the Cards and Blues suck we don't feel sorry for them. We're pissed. Same here.

This is like watching Tony Banks year after year. It's just infuriating.

I think a lot of the old guys that feel this way are reaching back for what they grew up watching, and it's gone. That era is over.

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is so real. 🫠

13 minutes ago, Soderball said:

it means that we get to see Ford gone sooner. Enough is enough. There's nothing to enjoy about this year.

These aren't scrappy kids pulling out a win. These are well-paid pros who are woefully inadequate.

You do you I can’t argue with anything you said. 

I’ll be sitting on my patio sipping on a beer and watching the Bills on a 70 degree March day.  I’ll be hoping for a win without any expectations. 
I’ll be bitching about Ford, turnovers, crappy defense, and poor rebounding the entire time. 
I’ll also be pulling for a Billiken victory and enjoying my time watching the game.

Even in awful seasons like this I hope for one more game!