Latest Ford Rumor

55 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

We’ll agree to give you the job on the condition of obtaining a new podcast partner. 

One that wears their hat correctly

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Is this a hint that we're going to be hit with a cease and desist letter?

No Pete, you're good.  As one of the people who helped do the masters on those albums, you're good to keep using Saints and Fired Up since you aren't making significant profit off of it.  But, if the podcast starts making a bajillion dollars, we may have to talk!  Or, if said occurs, I suppose y'all can just sponsor the next CD and we can call it even. 😉

3 hours ago, Midtown Madness said:

Here’s the better question, how can we better utilize the band and DJ together to make a unique arena atmosphere. A call and response or back and forth type bit. Like the band plays certain parts of the song and the DJ hits a record scratch and then the OG recording plays, then he scratches again and the band takes the song back over. Do I know if this is possible? No, do I think it sounds cool as hell. God damned right. 

3 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The Band recorded an album way back when (which you guys use for your podcast 😉) I think we'd be down to do it again to collaborate with the DJ.

I actually REALLY like this idea, and I think it can be doable.  Hopefully with more time to coordinate and gear up in rehearsal season, we can make this happen.  The trick is, from what I heard, is the DJ dude is on loan from the Cardinals and it would be up to his availability to come to rehearsals with his spin deck to figure it all out.

Pistol likes this

31 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Let’s not trash consultants, we are just trying to make a living!!!

Everyone is trying to make a living, I do believe the search for openings by assistants and the consultants coming in are confirmation that Ford is going.

I did like the way Harriman talked after the game in KMOX. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Everyone is trying to make a living, I do believe the search for openings by assistants and the consultants coming in are confirmation that Ford is going.

I did like the way Harriman talked after the game in KMOX. 

Agree. I work in management consulting, so I was just making a joke.

Is Frank Cusamano seriously being paid by Ford and May? Talk about a delusional, compromised “journalist.” I have no respect for the guy at all, lost all credibility. Give Ford NIL money because buyout is too high????? He’s a moron! It’s not even worth the time or effort listing all the reasons NOT to keep Ford, it’s sad and comical at this point. BUT if SLU keeps Ford and May…deserves everything they are gonna get. Place is seriously cursed if Ford stays. 

Just now, slu92 said:

Is Frank Cusamano seriously being paid by Ford and May? Talk about a delusional, compromised “journalist.” I have no respect for the guy at all, lost all credibility. Give Ford NIL money because buyout is too high????? He’s a moron! It’s not even worth the time or effort listing all the reasons NOT to keep Ford, it’s sad and comical at this point. BUT if SLU keeps Ford and May…deserves everything they are gonna get. Place is seriously cursed if Ford stays. 

He's been doing this for 365 days. Unless you're saying he's still doing it today

4 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Did he say anything stupid today, or are you just referring to al the stupid stuff he previously said?

5 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Frank is a Kentucky Wildcats fan. He could care little about the status of SLU basketball. He likes Ford because of KY and the Pitino connection.

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Did he say anything stupid today, or are you just referring to al the stupid stuff he previously said?

I’m not sure about what was mentioned above, but the other day, Frank legit said something to this effect :

”If SLU does let Travis go, people should know that he’s a good guy. He’s done a lot of good things around St. Louis. He hasn’t done anything bad for the city. He hasn’t gotten a bunch of DUIs, he doesn’t beat his wife, he doesn’t mistreat his players…”

Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

I’m not sure about what was mentioned above, but the other day, Frank legit said something to this effect :

”If SLU does let Travis go, people should know that he’s a good guy. He’s done a lot of good things around St. Louis. He hasn’t done anything bad for the city. He hasn’t gotten a bunch of DUIs, he doesn’t beat his wife, he doesn’t mistreat his players…”

He did worse than any of that: HE LOST.

Schasz likes this

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Here is the link to the segment.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-pressbox/id1477633789?i=1000648796755

12 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

It’s impressive that Frank keeps arguing against nobody on Travis as a nice guy. The problem is most people get to see him spin losses using absolute nonsense. So you start to get this reputation as a liar or full of sh*t. 

Chris May, not a nice guy. 

DeSmetBilliken likes this

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

“You’ve had your knives out for him for a long time, don’t turn around and try to be nice and pat him on the back on the way out. That’s BS.”

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about that one, Rammer. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

Listened to the segment. I like that Rammer acknowledged being close to the situation clouds one's objectivity. Also I agree with him, I'm not going to back peddle and be nice to Ford on the way out.  Check my posts from 8 years ago, I thought he was the wrong choice.  As for him being a nice guy?  I don't really care.  What I do know is that Travis Ford is completely full of sh#t and a complete fraud of a coach. He's been able to dupe multiple schools into thinking he can coach for years. I'll be glad when he's a footnote.

As for Frank, I like the Leonard Little standard for STL Sports.  If you're not Leonard Little you're alright.

If we hire a guy whose name ends with a vowel Frank will be all in on SLU again.

TRN likes this

34 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

He hasn’t gotten a bunch of DUIs, he doesn’t beat his wife, he doesn’t mistreat his players…”

Frank has such a high barometer for coaches.  If Ford didn’t play for Pitino / Kentucky or give him full access he’d be calling for a change.  It’s a results driven business and Ford isn’t getting it done for $2.5M.  Great work Frank.

IMG_8651.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TRN said:

Frank has such a high barometer for coaches.  If Ford didn’t play for Pitino / Kentucky or give him full access he’d be calling for a change.  It’s a results driven business and Ford isn’t getting it done for $2.5M.  Great work Frank.

IMG_8651.jpeg

God damnit this is funny. Ralph wiggum always plays 

The good news is Ford will be gone by tomorrow.   The healing will begin.  

Frank is a good guy and has been overall very supportive of SLU, even before the Ford era   I'm willing to forgive his over-the-top cheerleading of Ford.    They are friends.   

If he isn't gone, then yeah....burn everything down (metaphorically) 

Adman likes this

5 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Frank is a good guy and has been overall very supportive of SLU, even before the Ford era   I'm willing to forgive his over-the-top cheerleading of Ford.    They are friends.   

I agree with this. Frank gives more attention to SLU than anyone else in the market. The over the top Ford cheerleading is ridiculous and annoying, but at the end of the day, I want him talking about SLU.

1 hour ago, OkieBilliken said:

The good news is Ford will be gone by tomorrow.   The healing will begin.  

If he isn't gone, then yeah....burn everything down (metaphorically) 

One wound. There's still Chris May.

I liked Ford- second tier on  best head coach after Majerus and Benington that we list to Michigan. 

Spoon was fun but couldn’t recruit or coach anything but wings and guards.

Let us hope we can compete in A-10 the league got better this year and we don’t need Valley quality players or coaches. These densely populated

areas are rich with basketball talent I don’t want to see regional state school talent.

23 minutes ago, GOSLU68 said:

I liked Ford- second tier on  best head coach after Majerus and Benington that we list to Michigan. 

Spoon was fun but couldn’t recruit or coach anything but wings and guards.

Let us hope we can compete in A-10 the league got better this year and we don’t need Valley quality players or coaches. These densely populated

areas are rich with basketball talent I don’t want to see regional state school talent.

I'll have whatever he's smokin'