Latest Ford Rumor

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well that is not an answer

I apologize for the lack of detail, but I’ll let others provide more details on this if they wish to potentially implicate themselves. Anyway, earlier this season Trilly reported on something SLU related that, as I understand it, may have required his source to be in the building in order for him to know it.

TheA_Bomb likes this

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you care to know what Stu has to say about the coaching situation, listen to his segment today on The Press Box. 

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

If you don't care what Stu has to say or you think he is just a mouthpiece for the Athletic Department, don't listen.

Can't stand Frank anymore. If I have to hear him talk about bad breaks one more time I'm going to lose it. Stu was honest but I couldn't finish because hearing Frank talk about how if everything breaks right blah blah blah. 

slufan13 likes this

11 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Can't stand Frank anymore. If I have to hear him talk about bad breaks one more time I'm going to lose it. Stu was honest but I couldn't finish because hearing Frank talk about how if everything breaks right blah blah blah. 

It’s been a tough year for Kentucky and Pitino fanboys.

41 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you care to know what Stu has to say about the coaching situation, listen to his segment today on The Press Box. 

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

If you don't care what Stu has to say or you think he is just a mouthpiece for the Athletic Department, don't listen.

Frank doing tricks on it for Ford once again. “Just spend the buyout money on NIL instead because Travis is a nice guy.” Gotta respect doubling down on a terrible take from last year. 

11 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Frank doing tricks on it for Ford once again. “Just spend the buyout money on NIL instead because Travis is a nice guy.” Gotta respect doubling down on a terrible take from last year. 

To be fair, I think today Frank suggested a scenario in which Ford , because he is a nice guy, agrees to a significantly lower salary, with the understanding that the difference between the salaries be moved into NIL. 

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

To be fair, I think today Frank suggested a scenario in which Ford , because he is a nice guy, agrees to a significantly lower salary, with the understanding that the difference between the salaries be moved into NIL. 

That still doesn’t make the situation even remotely better for us as fans. That’s like the Army Corps of Engineers using “new and improved” duct tape to fix a levee in New Orleans before the next hurricane. 

9 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

You’re correct, I misunderstood listening to it initially. It’s still a dumb idea. You can pay a much better coach less than $2 million and have more NIL funds at your disposal. 

DeSmetBilliken likes this

I'm done with Ford. Not only do i not like his game and his lack of success, but i don't like HIM.

This is like asking me to root for Bob Huggins at this point.

8 years has been too much. I'm tired of this guy plaguing the program.

TaLBErt likes this

57 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Frank Cusumano is a Kentucky shill and loves Pitino and University of Kentucky. That's why you see this. All the Ford defenders are people with Kentucky ties. "gee whiz he was a good PG at Kentucky" .. same people defending f'ing kenny payne. Get Ford OUT! No More Kentucky. No more Wildcats.

Hmmm this sounds familiar…oh ya, that’s right. 

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

10 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Did the coaches show happen tonight?

Yes. Lot of cut-rate ticket prices for SVU available.

20 hours ago, Old guy said:

Let's analyze this issue from a financial point of view:

1. He has been getting, as far as it is known, a $2.5 M yearly salary. I have no idea if there are benefits included in his package but would assume there may be. 

2. Head Coach contracts include clauses for residual payments if the contract is ended before its expiration. Given the level of his salary, he will most likely get several million dollars if his contract is ended early. How much, I have no idea.

3. If he has any brains at all, he has had ample opportunity to set aside several million dollars for retirement, etc. He can also live out of the early termination of his contract funds for a significant amount of time.

If you combine the factors above, he should have enough money available from his saved funds and the funds that must contractually be paid to him to live better than the vast majority of the members of this board for the rest of his life. After all, he is likely to receive several million dollars for early termination of his contract. 

I see no reason he should be desperate. After all, receiving millions of dollars without the need to work is something very few people ever get. 

Not to mention the guy lives in a ~$6MM house.

He’s fine.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/850-Kent-Rd-Saint-Louis-MO-63124/2761684_zpid/

13 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Yes. Lot of cut-rate ticket prices for SVU available.

Curcic having surgery on his foot tomorrow. Described Parker’s shoulder injury as a dislocation. 

1 hour ago, Lando Griffin said:

Not to mention the guy lives in a ~$6MM house.

He’s fine.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/850-Kent-Rd-Saint-Louis-MO-63124/2761684_zpid/

Just imagine the tax a $6 M house pays yearly in property tax. However, there are lots of houses that are perfectly fine that can be purchased for less. What he cannot do is spend the same amount he has been spending for years now. He has to tighten his belt, and then he will have enough to live for the rest of his life. He should be in the top 1% of net assets group as is now.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Just imagine the tax a $6 M house pays yearly in property tax. However, there are lots of houses that are perfectly fine that can be purchased for less. What he cannot do is spend the same amount he has been spending for years now. He has to tighten his belt, and then he will have enough to live for the rest of his life. He should be in the top 1% of net assets group as is now.

$48k of property taxes in 2023 according to St. Louis County

Screenshot 2024-03-04 Ford Tax.png

16 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I apologize for the lack of detail, but I’ll let others provide more details on this if they wish to potentially implicate themselves. Anyway, earlier this season Trilly reported on something SLU related that, as I understand it, may have required his source to be in the building in order for him to know it.

Ok - I respect your situation.

45 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No it is not - can you cite examples of this?

Box already answered that for you. Pretty much this guy has excellent sources across hoops.  There's articles with coaches and staff members trying to figure out how he knows so much.  There was one example with something like Trilly predicted a player going to the school before the school even reached out yet and it happened. 

he nailed all of these in just one tweet: Ed Cooley to Georgetown Rick Pitino to St. John’s Kim English to Providence Tobin Anderson or Kimani Young to Iona Tony Skinn to George Mason

cheeseman likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Box already answered that for you. Pretty much this guy has excellent sources across hoops.  There's articles with coaches and staff members trying to figure out how he knows so much.  There was one example with something like Trilly predicted a player going to the school before the school even reached out yet and it happened. 

he nailed all of these in just one tweet: Ed Cooley to Georgetown Rick Pitino to St. John’s Kim English to Providence Tobin Anderson or Kimani Young to Iona Tony Skinn to George Mason

He called out Romar leaving Pepperdine & Charleston Southern making interim coach permanent a few days ago and they just happened.

My guess is he is connected with coaches’ agents, players’ “advisors”, and lawyers used by universities to handle coaching changes, buyouts, searches.  He has tentacles out to lots of sources.