Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

He redshirted.  I'd just call him a wing.

Doesn't necessarily fit if SLU adds Kobe, does it? Unless he would qualify in the wilcard spot.

2 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

Doesn't necessarily fit if SLU adds Kobe, does it? Unless he would qualify in the wilcard spot.

He can play power forward and would probably be a 4 on defense.  He is 6'9, but offensively I was thinking wing.  That said with the five out none of that matters really matters on offense.

5 hours ago, TheBand said:

Those are crazy high numbers...and to think that those figures aren't just for one season, schools are going to have to come up with those amounts every year to stay competitive.

Salary cap and revenue-sharing in college sports coming soon?

You bet there will be major changes, The truth of the matter is that players are asking (and a number of them getting) money at an NBA salary range, and the vast majority of schools do not have this kind of money for sports. Therefore it does not take a genius to realize that major changes will have to happen. Do not take me wrong neither I nor anyone else has any knowledge as to what will happen, but it is clear that something will happen that will change college sports.

55 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He can play power forward and would probably be a 4 on defense.  He is 6'9, but offensively I was thinking wing.  That said with the five out none of that matters really matters on offense.

Yeah,, I'm just saying based on what Schertz said he wanted with the last three spots:

Strong D, starting wing: Kobe Johnson

Back-up big for Avila: Probably not Mahoney

Wildcard: Seemed to be aimed at Liam Campbell or Cam'Ron Fletcher, but I guess it could apply to Mahoney.

brianstl likes this

12 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

Yeah,, I'm just saying based on what Schertz said he wanted with the last three spots:

Strong D, starting wing: Kobe Johnson

Back-up big for Avila: Probably not Mahoney

Wildcard: Seemed to be aimed at Liam Campbell or Cam'Ron Fletcher, but I guess it could apply to Mahoney.

wildcard could literally mean anyone. 

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

If that means Schertz is looking at him .... interesting overview from a year ago.   https://www.cougcenter.com/2023/7/13/23794249/washington-state-basketball-recruit-spencer-mahoney-scouting-report

Some of the stuff in Scouting Notes was kind of funny to read. 

> Pretty slow even at his top speed

> Solid low-man help but not really making plays, just good at being in the way

At 6'9" 230, maybe he is Avila backup. Saw quote where he wants to play outside, but inside too. That sounds like Scherts system. Had offer from Harvard, so he is smart enough to pick things up. 

41 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

wildcard could literally mean anyone. 

Yeah, my interpretation was either a lottery ticket (Fletcher) or high upside Frosh (Campbell), but it could be anyone I guess.

On 5/9/2024 at 1:34 PM, ACE said:

Roddie Anderson to Xavier - that program is a tool shed - Anderson, Fletcher, Traore, Conwell

Also, KyKy to FAU.

Xavier fans say Anderson is red shirting. Weird. 

I wonder if the NIL money is drying up after the signings of the big three? A number of visits and speculated commitments, but a bit of a dry spell. 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

I wonder if the NIL money is drying up after the signings of the big three? A number of visits and speculated commitments, but a bit of a dry spell. 

Calm down chicken little. Another player signed by tuesday at the latest.

ACE likes this

4 hours ago, ACE said:

A month ago CJS initially forecasted recruiting would continue through June. Then, on his first coaches show days later, he said it was going so well that it looked like May.

A roster of 10 guys so far, looking like 12 any day now...and Patton, who could be a walk-on, may be #13....goal may be achieved with time to spare.

10 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

A month ago CJS initially forecasted recruiting would continue through June. Then, on his first coaches show days later, he said it was going so well that it looked like May.

A roster of 10 guys so far, looking like 12 any day now...and Patton, who could be a walk-on, may be #13....goal may be achieved with time to spare.

These last three spots are likely the most difficult to fill.  IMO the 10 players on the roster look to eat up almost all of the playing time except for that impact/defensive guard Schertz wants.  The wild card player and the big to backup Avila won't see much playing time.  Somebody has to be 11, 12 and 13 on the bench.  Players want to play so those last few spots to be filled will be interesting to see.