Ford Interview with Kilcoyne

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

It’s like that scene in The Office where the Will Arnett character is interview for the vacant manager position.  Wish I could find a YouTube clip cause it is spot on 

Like Elrond said, it's straight out of the cult leader playbook. You always have a plan to kick the can down the road. Predict the "next coming" and when that date passes there was new communication of the plan. 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I HAVE A PLAN.

What's that plan?

YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME.

He didn’t actually say, “You have to trust me.”

It would not surprise me if Ford is retained. I would like to know what this plan is going forward. My guess would be more foreign guys if we’re short in the NIL account. I can’t believe he’ll be able to sell the whales to cough up big $$’s. The stench of last season and the trainwreck this year are not so easily forgotten. 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It would not surprise me if Ford is retained. I would like to know what this plan is going forward. My guess would be more foreign guys if we’re short in the NIL account. I can’t believe he’ll be able to sell the whales to cough up big $$’s. The stench of last season and the trainwreck this year are not so easily forgotten. 

I’ve been mentally preparing for the idea that Ford will be back next season. Admittedly, I have trust issues with SLU. I also wasn’t convinced that SLU was going to fire Crews, and that got announced 5 minutes after the season ended, so it may just be a me issue.

slu92 likes this

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I won’t believe he’s fired until I see the press release.  There are way too many people who think it’s a foregone conclusion.  They are too cheap to pay the buyout.  

FIRE FORD.  FIRE EVERYONE 

This is where I'm at. Absolutely no guarantees he's gone next month. With each day that passes it is looking as though May isn't going anywhere unfortunately. If they were cleaning house the AD should've been gone by now.

23 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I'm afraid the completion of the Champions Center bought May some time in Pestello's view. Hope I'm wrong.

This is my fear as well. CC is very nice but wasn’t necessary like winning. Plus May can’t raise the rest of the money to pay it off! Again it’s very nice, you should be able to do multiple things at once but this is SLU. It’s basically a cafeteria for wbb and mbb and new offices for mbb,wbb, and soccer. Very nice but rest of program is going down the drains because without mbb winning and going to NCAA it hurts everyone. IF Fred really is that dumb, god save us all. I sure hope not.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

If that is the case, you have to stage some sort of bloodless coup. An en-masse revocation of season tickets, barren seats at Chaifetz, etc. Vote with your wallet, they say. Same philosophy can be applied to sports. 

Now that Ford understands NIL he gets that not paying players like Dagler is why they leave in season and sign a pro contract to play overseas. Glad TD got that “family issue” figured out. Guy was literally erased from website over night. Hard to believe anything coming out of that department, North Korean media outlets are more credible than a SLU athletics press release. Good luck selling recruits on NIL after this season Chris May and Travis Ford, because in this day and age stuff like that doesn’t spread like wildfire, esp amongst kids and parents. Need to clean house asap. 

20 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Now that Ford understands NIL he gets that not paying players like Dagler is why they leave in season and sign a pro contract to play overseas. Glad TD got that “family issue” figured out. Guy was literally erased from website over night. Hard to believe anything coming out of that department, North Korean media outlets are more credible than a SLU athletics press release. Good luck selling recruits on NIL after this season Chris May and Travis Ford, because in this day and age stuff like that doesn’t spread like wildfire, esp amongst kids and parents. Need to clean house asap. 

Honest question…WHAT???

Are you saying that Dalger left over non-payment of NIL money?

I work in wealth management.  In my industry, regulations are always changing (especially on the tax front).  For example, the Required Minimum Distribution age just changed for a ton of Americans.  This is something we have to be in front of in order to best return value for our clients.

How, in the biggest change in collegiate sports ever, is his team JUST IN THE LAST MONTH getting a hold on transfer portal and NIL?

It’s the dumbest thing he said all interview.  No pre-planning, no vision, and no edge.  It shows

18 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Honest question…WHAT???

Are you saying that Dalger left over non-payment of NIL money?

That’s what I heard and at first I wasn’t sure, because of the family issues reason given. HOWEVER Dagler just signed a professional contract yesterday and it now makes sense to me and makes what I was told even more credible. That should be dagger in the heart for Ford and May. They are not credible or trustworthy and before anyone says that’s BS, I’d like someone to go on the record and ask them both why Dagler left and is now playing pro? And ask Dagler. Never can get a straight answer from anyone down there. It’s gotten old. 

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I work in wealth management.  In my industry, regulations are always changing (especially on the tax front).  For example, the Required Minimum Distribution age just changed for a ton of Americans.  This is something we have to be in front of in order to best return value for our clients.

How, in the biggest change in collegiate sports ever, is his team JUST IN THE LAST MONTH getting a hold on transfer portal and NIL?

It’s the dumbest thing he said all interview.  No pre-planning, no vision, and no edge.  It shows

It's certainly the dumbest thing he said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He's clearly using the fact that the average Billiken fan is either annoyed by the ever changing NIL or doesn't like it at all. Casuals will empathize with him because they can't keep up with it either "whoa can you believe this NCAA changing the rules every year!"

There is a good reason Chris May has disappeared, he saw his shadow and ran back into his little safe zone, until mbb season is over. I hope someone asks him how Tim Dagler is doing and if family issue is ok? Thoughts and prayers. lol 

3 minutes ago, slu92 said:

There is a good reason Chris May has disappeared, he saw his shadow and ran back into his little safe zone, until mbb season is over. I hope someone asks him how Tim Dagler is doing and if family issue is ok? Thoughts and prayers. lol 

His podcasts sounded like he was recording from Bin Laden's cave 

3 hours ago, slu92 said:

It seems he is doing fine, signing with a team in Macedonia.

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

So who did Tim Dalger sign with? I assume overseas

Cair 2030 Skopje in North Macedonia. He’ll be teammates with Davell Robey.