GDT: SLU v. St. Josephs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TRN said:

There are many people on X talking about the altercation, there’s got to be video somewhere.

My favorite is the UD fan who said something like imagine if AG tried to fight a fan. As if that never happened. 

TRN likes this

4 minutes ago, TRN said:

Nice, Ford’s fight club moment happened right in front of St. Joe’s head of Campus Ministry.

Yeah, that was a great little exclamation point to the whole thing. Pick a fight with a fan on the road in front of a priest. Really need video!

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yeah, that was a great little exclamation point to the whole thing. Pick a fight with a fan on the road in front of a priest. Really need video!

You’d think the sports director at a St. Louis news channel, say NBC, could reach out to USA Network to get some footage.  USA is a NBC owned network. Yeah, I’m joking.

11 minutes ago, Soderball said:

CTF is an embarrassment.

May is probably hoping like heck there is no video of the altercation. Is anyone keeping a list of the Ford unhinged moments from this season? My favorite was in Myrtle Beach when he attacked a trash can and it was within feet of a handicapped fan, provided a great visual SLU can be proud of. Or when his son attacking folks on social media somehow got flipped to him being the victim which included coach Ford bating folks to say it to his face, that he isn’t hard to find. The flipping of the script on that one was impressive honestly though. Although it would appear he isn’t well equipped to deal with folks doing as much.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

May is probably hoping like heck there is no video of the altercation. Is anyone keeping a list of the Ford unhinged moments from this season? My favorite was in Myrtle Beach when he attacked a trash can and it was within feet of a handicapped fan, provided a great visual SLU can be proud of. Or when his son attacking folks on social media somehow got flipped to him being the victim which included coach Ford bating folks to say it to his face, that he isn’t hard to find. The flipping of the script on that one was impressive honestly though. Although it would appear he isn’t well equipped to deal with folks doing as much.

He said he was willing to talk with anyone at Humphreys about the game decisions and so on.

The invitations to a street brawl are a new development.

From conversation to UFC is quite the bold move by CTF.

JMM28 likes this

14 hours ago, Soderball said:

He said he was willing to talk with anyone at Humphreys about the game decisions and so on.

The invitations to a street brawl are a new development.

From conversation to UFC is quite the bold move by CTF.

That is not what he said, that is how the Ford apologists tried to spin it.  This is  exactly what he said:

"I’ve never understood people hiding. If you’ve got something personal with me, I’m here at Humphrey’s every Monday."

Bizziken, TheA_Bomb and slufan13 like this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That is not what he said, that is how the Ford apologists tried to spin it.  This is what he said exactly what he said:

"I’ve never understood people hiding. If you’ve got something personal with me, I’m here at Humphrey’s every Monday."

I stand corrected. Can we find some Zima and send 05 down there?

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That is not what he said, that is how the Ford apologists tried to spin it.  This is what he said exactly what he said:

Yep and then Rammer tried to save him as he's done all season and soften it after.

9 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Well, if you want some consolation, the game yesterday got us to rise from 236 in NET to 225, meanwhile all the flapping by the idiot in a cheap bird suit couldn’t stop St Joe’s from falling to 97 from 91.  Will this cause celebrations to spontaneously break out all over Billiken Nation? NO!  My advice to all Billiken fans remains: Start drinking heavily.

WE’RE 225!  WE’RE 225!

Wait a minute, maybe I have been drinking.

Lord Elrond likes this

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ford's an idiot for jawing with a fan like that but I'm laughing out loud at the SJU fan clutching their pearls "He was signaling for the fan to come down to to the court to get into it! We were in section 107 and saw it firsthand! Disgusting!!"

Must have video! If I’m laughing this much at just the description of the whole thing, I can’t imagine how much I’ll laugh at the video.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

In a world where basically everything is on film not having ANY film of this makes me question it.

Yeah, it seems odd no one has a video of it. Do St Joe’s fans only have old flip phones or something?

-Travis appeared upset, and in my opinion rightfully so, after the halftime interview when there was a good sized group of people to wade through to get off the court - I didn't see any security  - looking at the seating chart section 107 would be right there

-I don't know when after the game any incident happened but there could have been even more people in the area then

Maybe I've missed it, but in the turnover discussion, has anyone mentioned that Hughes had 7 turnovers.  All seven seemed to come at the worst times in crucial possessions.  He seemed to be flinging the ball in random directions, but usually to St. Joe's.  I've heard some criticize Cian, but when you are the primary ball handler, four turnovers isn't terrible.  Seven turnovers for a wing is terrible.  That stat probably costs us the game.

AGB91 likes this

11 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Maybe I've missed it, but in the turnover discussion, has anyone mentioned that Hughes had 7 turnovers.  All seven seemed to come at the worst times in crucial possessions.  He seemed to be flinging the ball in random directions, but usually to St. Joe's.  I've heard some criticize Cian, but when you are the primary ball handler, four turnovers isn't terrible.  Seven turnovers for a wing is terrible.  That stat probably costs us the game.

LHJ had stones for hands in that first half.  A few of the TO were super fundamentals/coordination. 

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Hughes was nails spotting up and a complete nightmare doing anything else. 

There is no easy answer for the turnovers. Everyone on the team who’s handled the ball to some degree, has been bad.  I would just go PG by committee and cross your fingers.

Rammer said meadows might be out for the rest of the season this afternoon on the radio.  He turned it over the least, but I was never a fan of his. If we are going to lose anyway, I’d rather watch the younger kids play.

I have no allegiance to Meadows, just a fifth-year mercenary.  I'd rather ride the times with medley and see if the play helps him develop or go with the great Hughes experiment and see what that brings.  Let's also not forget that Kellen Thames was listed as a point guard when originally recruited although his recent play and position suggests otherwise.  

I think the p[roblem we have at point  now comes from CTF's coaching strategy.  I noted in observations after the Joeys game that the style is all hero ball.  Get that one great player to ride into the sunset on.  The problem was that the last two years, that hero was Collins.  By being so dependent on a hero that is a point, CTF was unable to persuade anyone to come to SLU and basically sit on the bench and ride Collins' coattails.  Ergo, no other developmental point guard came in and we are left with a freshman who is essentially learning on the job (as is an out of position player in Hughes).  Roster construction is to blame.

Old guy likes this

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I have no allegiance to Meadows, just a fifth-year mercenary.  I'd rather ride the times with medley and see if the play helps him develop or go with the great Hughes experiment and see what that brings.  Let's also not forget that Kellen Thames was listed as a point guard when originally recruited although his recent play and position suggests otherwise.  

I think the p[roblem we have at point  now comes from CTF's coaching strategy.  I noted in observations after the Joeys game that the style is all hero ball.  Get that one great player to ride into the sunset on.  The problem was that the last two years, that hero was Collins.  By being so dependent on a hero that is a point, CTF was unable to persuade anyone to come to SLU and basically sit on the bench and ride Collins' coattails.  Ergo, no other developmental point guard came in and we are left with a freshman who is essentially learning on the job (as is an out of position player in Hughes).  Roster construction is to blame.

We were told( like a ton of other false promises) that Parker was maybe the best passer on the team.  Hopefully Fords telling Parker to give us that too. If Parker starts sharing the ball, perhaps We just run him out there at the point at times.  Nothing else to lose. If it doesn't work, so be it.